Widgets Magazine

Thread: Cowgirls Need New Softball Stadium and Hope to Get It Soon

Default Cowgirls Need New Softball Stadium and Hope to Get It Soon

Default Re: Cowgirls Need New Softball Stadium and Hope to Get It Soon

So let me get this right. OSU Softball needs a new stadium to replace the one built in 2000 because the men got a new one to replace the one built in 1981? Someone help me with the logic here.

They must be close to having the money raised. They wouldn't have said anything publicly if they weren't

Quote Originally Posted by coop2773 View Post
    So let me get this right. OSU Softball needs a new stadium to replace the one built in 2000 because the men got a new one to replace the one built in 1981? Someone help me with the logic here.
    As easy as it looks to add capacity/facilities to the current one makes the logic even more strained, but I guess as long as they are blowing money at least it is one of the smaller stadiums on campus

Quote Originally Posted by coop2773 View Post
    They are also a top-10 program and are competing at a high level. The Softball stadium, while nice is small and not in the best shape compared to others in the conference.

While I think its dumb (as a alumni) for them to rush out and build ANOTHER stadium and still not have a field house for the wrestling team, I am sure they want to keep the coach and the momentum going with the program. I also think they want to compete with OU, and while they can't ever really do that (because lets face it OU is in another stratosphere) I am sure they would like to stay in that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    As easy as it looks to add capacity/facilities to the current one makes the logic even more strained, but I guess as long as they are blowing money at least it is one of the smaller stadiums on campus
    Investing in women's sports is blowing money? Interesting take

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Investing in women's sports is blowing money? Interesting take
    What a disingenuous take

I think it's blowing money if their stadium is only 20 years old. Can't they expand the existing one?

Well, after seeing how pitifully small Stillwater is, prospective student athletes definitely come to realize that Stillwater has next to nothing to offer them, so OSU knows it better have bigger and better updated athletic facilities to entice new student athletes to make them forget about living in Stillwater. It's quite a wonder OSU does as good as it does in sports.

Thread Information