Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relax Park

Default Re: Relax Park

I was working for a local commercial property owner near this property last spring and waved down by Jason Thomas. The representative from my client warned me to be very careful working for him. Guess I should be thankful I lost under $500.00

Relax Park filed building permit applications about the time the city shut them down but a good chunk of the fenced-in area with the large stage is owned by OK Dept. of Transportation. They also fenced in an area owned by ONG and tons of property within their fences is right of way (non vacated alleys, etc.)

Besides all that, they have one permanent unisex toilet. Code requires 68, and they can't be unisex. They were using a handful of port-a-potties which are not allowed.

Will be interesting to see if they can get this place up to code and obtain the necessary building permits and inspections.

In the image below, the red outline is what they own; green is the fenced-in area:

Can they just apply for special event permits every time they want to host a performance, then portable bathrooms would be okay to use?

It seems like they could maybe pull that off, but not be able to run a daily operation.

^

I doubt the city would keep issuing special use permits.

Even so, they have the issue of occupying property they don't own without the permission of the property owners, the city being one.

Almost a year after this place was closed, there has been no movement other than attempting to get access to some of their fenced-in property owned by others.

As I posted above, to bring the facility up to code, they would need to add at least 68 (!) toilets and a host of other improvements. And they still need to obtain access to property they don't own.

A ton of money was spent here without going through the permit process meaning the only way to reopen would be to make all the required improvements, which would be incredibly expensive. It's hard to see how this place will go forward and how the various investors will be made whole.

This place is already in ruins. I haven't seen any progress on the work required to get occupancy permits.

You can see they have removed the stages and all the rigging.

Still would be a great place to build tiny home and temporarily house homeless veterans.

Looks like we are already 50% of the way to a community garden.

Thread Information