Widgets Magazine

Thread: Escape Room

Default Escape Room

Been to the escape rooms in Moore and in Norman. How is the Sanctuary Escape at the Outlet mall. Looks good but expensive compared to others. Right now with Groupon Moore Escapes is $15 a person for 6 of us. Is there others in OKC or Edmond?

Default Re: Escape Room

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Been to the escape rooms in Moore and in Norman. How is the Sanctuary Escape at the Outlet mall. Looks good but expensive compared to others. Right now with Groupon Moore Escapes is $15 a person for 6 of us. Is there others in OKC or Edmond?
    There's one we drive by on 23rd, near Guyutes, I believe. Yep, just checked, it's on 23rd, a couple of blocks west of Guyutes, called The Escape OKC. Never been, just have seen their trailer parked out front when we drive by.

There is also one next to Hall's Pizza in Midtown called Baker Street Escapes:

https://www.facebook.com/bakerstreetescapes

4. Default Re: Escape Room

After being pretty much shut in for a year my wife and I have talked recently about a couple things we'd like to do that we've never done that would be different for us. Kind of a bucket list. One is an escape room because I think of myself as very logical, methodical and I'm called on often by fellow Geo Cachers to solve puzzle caches. The other is to go on a hot air balloon ride. The balloon is a definite. The escape room I'm afraid I might epically fail and get embarrassed. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    After being pretty much shut in for a year my wife and I have talked recently about a couple things we'd like to do that we've never done that would be different for us. Kind of a bucket list. One is an escape room because I think of myself as very logical, methodical and I'm called on often by fellow Geo Cachers to solve puzzle caches. The other is to go on a hot air balloon ride. The balloon is a definite. The escape room I'm afraid I might epically fail and get embarrassed. LOL!!!
    They are fun but you really have to go with 5 or 6 people. You also have to decided how smart you are. Remember your paying $25 a person for an hour at most places. My group did a room in 30 minutes so $25 for 30 minutes is it worth it at this point? This is where groupons come in handy. Right now Escape room in Moore are only $15 a person. The place on campus corner had groupon at one time also. I have done 2 rooms at Moore and it's not bad. Not my favorite but for the cost it's worth it.

6. Default Re: Escape Room

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    They are fun but you really have to go with 5 or 6 people. You also have to decided how smart you are. Remember your paying $25 a person for an hour at most places. My group did a room in 30 minutes so $25 for 30 minutes is it worth it at this point? This is where groupons come in handy. Right now Escape room in Moore are only $15 a person. The place on campus corner had groupon at one time also. I have done 2 rooms at Moore and it's not bad. Not my favorite but for the cost it's worth it.
    My wife's brother would be all for it. His wife and 2 daughters would complain at first but would get into it once we got started. It's how they are about everything.

The Baker Street Escapes in midtown is very good, in my opinion. Those guys put a lot of effort into making the rooms appropriately themed and decorated. They have a good variety of puzzles too, not just a bunch of “open the lock” puzzles I’ve seen at other escape rooms

I’ve been to the one on 23rd a few times and enjoyed it every time.

Haven't been to that particular sanctuary, but I thought the one on 35 was unrivaled in terms of production quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There is also one next to Hall's Pizza in Midtown called Baker Street Escapes:

https://www.facebook.com/bakerstreetescapes
    Can someone try this one out and report back on if it's Gerry Rafferty-themed?

Baker Street is the London address of the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes...

11. Default Re: Escape Room

221B Baker Street. I've read everything Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote.

Thread Information