Hi all,
Curious to hear what the housing market is like in the area - particularly in or around Edmond. Wife and I are considering a move from North Carolina and things are absolutely crazy here at the moment (homes going within hours of listing for significantly over asking with inspections waived, etc.) This area has a pretty modest cost of living (only very marginally higher than OKC) and this is true even for very high-end (600k+) homes. Never seen anything like it.

We're strategizing the best way to move if we do. Right now I lean towards moving first and seeing if we can find a corporate rental for a few months while we look for a home. If we move we will need to do so fairly quickly for work purposes and trying to go back and forth constantly while also packing up our existing home (all during a pandemic) sounds like like it would be terrible. I'd prefer to get there, get a feel for the lay of the land and be able to look at homes as they come in the market. We're planning to be rather picky so going back and forth in advance to try and find something might be difficult/disappointing if things are getting scooped up fast right now.

Appreciate any insight you folks can offer. We're <primarily> looking at homes in the Edmond area (due to schools) in the 400-500 range. However, we're open to considering other areas if folks have suggestions. Mostly want something reasonably convenient to amenities with good schools and a reasonable commute (no more than 20-30 minutes) to OUHSC campus.

Thanks!