Widgets Magazine

Thread: St. Louis Rams Logos at Wantland Stadium

NFL St. Louis Rams Logos at Wantland Stadium

https://www.facebook.com/19921173994...507068995/?d=n

Are any of you in the know as to what this is about and are open to sharing?
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Default Re: St. Louis Rams Logos at Wantland Stadium

I'm sure it's for the Kurt Warner movie that is being filmed in OKC.

Especially since the Rams have been in Los Angeles for years.

3. Default Re: St. Louis Rams Logos at Wantland Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure it's for the Kurt Warner movie that is being filmed in OKC.

Especially since the Rams have been in Los Angeles for years.
    Got to be the movie. A funny side note. Being a huge Cardinals fan we've gone to St Louis for two or three long weekends a year forever. When all three teams were there all the sports stores had 80% Cardinals gear, maybe 15% Blues gear and maybe one rack of Rams gear. The Rams were not appreciated much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Got to be the movie. A funny side note. Being a huge Cardinals fan we've gone to St Louis for two or three long weekends a year forever. When all three teams were there all the sports stores had 80% Cardinals gear, maybe 15% Blues gear and maybe one rack of Rams gear. The Rams were not appreciated much.
    Help me, Bill. Since the NFL Cardinals spent about 30 years in St. Louis (about 1959-89ish, IIRC), I'm hoping the 80% Cardinals gear you are referring to is for the baseball Cardinals?

5. Default Re: St. Louis Rams Logos at Wantland Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Help me, Bill. Since the NFL Cardinals spent about 30 years in St. Louis (about 1959-89ish, IIRC), I'm hoping the 80% Cardinals gear you are referring to is for the baseball Cardinals?
    Yes. Definitely THE baseball Cardinals. St Louis is a baseball town! But I remember the football Cardinals gear not being too popular in shops either.

6. Default Re: St. Louis Rams Logos at Wantland Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I don't know, in the late 90s and early 2000s, the "Greatest Show on Turf" teams and the Super Bowl win in 2000 made them very much appreciated. I remember, I was living there during that time. But you are partially right, STL will ALWAYS be a baseball town first and foremost. Opening Day is treated practically like a holiday there--everyone wears red to work and school and it officially signals the end of winter and the hope for the boys of summer to bring home the trophy in October. It was a great atmosphere to be sure. I will have to drive by Wantland and check that out. Was a Rams fan before they moved to STL because I grew up one living in Los Angeles, and then they followed me to STL just two years after I moved there. They are still my favorite pro team.

Guess they'll CGI in the dome they played in?

Thread Information