Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venn Pizza

Britton Venn Pizza

Venn Pizza will soon be opening in the Britton District at 915 W. Britton.

https://www.vennpizza.com/

https://www.facebook.com/vennpizza

Default Re: Venn Pizza

ha... now THAT is a clever logo.

I hope its good like they say. Very close to the new office.

I'm thinking the area between 235/Penn/Memorial/Wilshire is probably a great investment area. I'd assume homes increase in value by minimum 50% in 2021 dollars in the next 10 years and I'd think would be similar to the growth Military Park has seen since 2010. I don't think it will quite be at core level increases, but Britton and Western area has some great bones and there is some interesting housing stock throughout, plus obviously it's sandwiched between Chisolm Creek and Classen Curve/NHP. One of the best locations for a distance to retail perspective, and with 235 so close, it's bound to see a lot of investment.

I think there's some major opportunity for commercial here as well.

If these guys can stick it out for 5 years, I think they'll be rewarded with a steady increase as disposable incomes increase in the area.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    I hope its good like they say. Very close to the new office.
    Is there one somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I'm thinking the area between 235/Penn/Memorial/Wilshire is probably a great investment area. I'd assume homes increase in value by minimum 50% in 2021 dollars in the next 10 years and I'd think would be similar to the growth Military Park has seen since 2010. I don't think it will quite be at core level increases, but Britton and Western area has some great bones and there is some interesting housing stock throughout, plus obviously it's sandwiched between Chisolm Creek and Classen Curve/NHP. One of the best locations for a distance to retail perspective, and with 235 so close, it's bound to see a lot of investment.

I think there's some major opportunity for commercial here as well.

If these guys can stick it out for 5 years, I think they'll be rewarded with a steady increase as disposable incomes increase in the area.
    Upgrading the railroad crossings to Quiet Zone standards would be huge for this part of town.

Opens June 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Opens June 9th.
    Nice

Stopped by last night for soft opening. They serve NY style pizza, and I enjoyed their NY style more than rendezvous. Wish it were closer to me.

Venn diagrams are leveraged when talking about the flavors each menu item offers
    Ordered the meemi bread as an appetizer, smokaine for drink (which they kept asking me if I wanted a drink even after refusing one), and all 3 slices of the day. The Nomad (all meat), Bikini bottom (hawaiian), and royale with cheese (hamburger).
    My favorite oddly enough was the bikini bottom. I was neither here nor there when it came to pineapple on pizza, but with the fried jalapenos and spam I thought it balanced out what the pineapple brought quite nicely. I preferred the hamburger pizza here to Empires, and noticed it shares the same ingredients as new state's burgers. Given I wasn't a fan of the bun at new state it also works to my favor to have in pizza form.
    As mentioned before it's NY style, and floppy. Ate my slices with knife and fork cause I didn't want to get my hands dirty from the bottom of the slices. Pictures in the link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6vDB6Gbg13H7NgbM6

^

Thanks for the photos and review!

Sounds like we have another NY-style pizza option.

Sure hope they do well, as it will help the Britton District.

They opened today; now open every day from 11A-10P.

Super slick space with a long bar, several small tables and a nice patio in back.

They had 3 slices available for $4. They were about half the size of Rendezvous.

I think the bar is going to be very popular. You can see their prices are reasonable ($5 for a Coop F5 is about as low as you'll find it) and they have a variety of flavored Club Specials I want to try.

Fantastic addition to Britton and that little area is starting to fill up with the coffee place, barber and a handful of other small businesses.

wow great menu choices!

Their branding is some of the best I've seen.

Lots of other places should take note.

Failed to mention a great detail that is where most places cheap out: sound system.

The one a Venn is very good, providing good energy and rich sound without overwhelming the space. Makes a big difference when it comes to the atmosphere.

I do like their adherence to the circle theme.

Great menu design. They already need to tweak it though. It's "Everything" Rhymes with Orange, not "Anything".

I love all their design and branding, but the print on the food menu is tiny.

I had a very hard time, even with my glasses.

I love all their design and branding, but the print on the food menu is tiny.

I had a very hard time, even with my glasses.
    I agree, the menus need a reprint with larger fonts.

The pizza is great though. Got Bikini Bottom and The Nomad last night (fried pepperoni is a new favorite topping for me) . Owner's are friendly and talked to us at the table, and again when we left. Great spot and we will absolutely be back again and again!

I would love to see anchovies offered as a topping during the season of lent for all the practicing catholics and fellow pescatarians . I never understood why people are afraid of anchovies on their pizza.

Also noticeably left out, canadian bacon.

They opened today; now open every day from 11A-10P.

Super slick space with a long bar, several small tables and a nice patio in back.

They had 3 slices available for $4. They were about half the size of Rendezvous.

I think the bar is going to be very popular. You can see their prices are reasonable ($5 for a Coop F5 is about as low as you'll find it) and they have a variety of flavored Club Specials I want to try.

Fantastic addition to Britton and that little area is starting to fill up with the coffee place, barber and a handful of other small businesses.

$6 to Alpha Hive? That's a really good deal. I almost thought it said $6 for St. Bernardius and was ready to follow the owner into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    $6 to Alpha Hive? That's a really good deal. I almost thought it said $6 for St. Bernardius and was ready to follow the owner into battle.
    $6+*

Ok, just finished eating there. The design of the space and layout are exactly correct for a slice place, good sound system as Pete said, and the staff is the most helpful, kind group I have seen in a while. Some odd toppings choices like Flaming hot Cheetos but ya gotta do what the chef feels. The nomad slice was good, mainly for reminding me that Jack Sussy used to put fried pepperoni slices on his lasagna so it was more nostalgia than anything else on that one. Crust is the downfall, as it is for all the NY pizza attempts in OKC. Why does OKC like doughy crust and sweet soda pop? The waitress knew what the issue was, and said "you want extra crispy" which on the next slices, cheese for me and chicken bacon for my husband were done correctly on crust temp. No more Alpha Hive but plenty of good Santa Fe Brewery options like 7k IPA ($4, and liquor tax built in). In short, thanks for the heads up OKCTalk! Hope this place thrives and stays packed. Owners are local and first attempt at a restaurant, manager used to be with Republic Gastropub. Wishing them much success and hope they become an anchor for the area

First time at Venn Pizza today. really good pizza. Only got cheese but great crust. Very nice environment and the bar area looked solid. Happy hour ending at 5 (2-5) is a little early but looks like a great addition to the Britton District. Parked by the distillery that is across the street. I would think their rent would be reasonable due to the location. Since they have made it one year, let's hope they keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    First time at Venn Pizza today. really good pizza. Only got cheese but great crust. Very nice environment and the bar area looked solid. Happy hour ending at 5 (2-5) is a little early but looks like a great addition to the Britton District. Parked by the distillery that is across the street. I would think their rent would be reasonable due to the location. Since they have made it one year, let's hope they keep going!

Just read on KOCO 1/21/2023 will be the last day for business. Closing permanently.

Thread Information