Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rendezvous Pizza

Bricktown3 Rendezvous Pizza

This is the pizza place that is taking over the old Henry Hudson's in Bricktown.

Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

Didn't know there was an "Oklahoma Style" of pizza...

If it's good pizza, I expect they will be a hit in that location once things return to normal.

They are already doing a bunch of work to the inside.

5. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

This was also the former Windy City location I believe.

6. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I might consider Jo's (and also Rodney's before he retired) to be Oklahoma style pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I might consider Jo's (and also Rodney's before he retired) to be Oklahoma style pizza.
    Had Jo's once (not by my choice) and it was the cubed up Canadian Bacon, the texture of which was just gross, and never eaten Rodney's, guess I don't need to try "Oklahoma Style" now, lol...

8. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

Had Jo's once (not by my choice) and it was the cubed up Canadian Bacon, the texture of which was just gross, and never eaten Rodney's, guess I don't need to try "Oklahoma Style" now, lol...
    I preferred Rodney's to Jo's. I went there for the hotlink pizza, pretty sure they used Schwabs hotlinks.... Never seen that topping offered outside Oklahoma but I've not eaten at a lot of out of state pizza joints either.

Their crust is also different from most pizza places..... The hotlinks and the crust make it unique to Oklahoma and is why I would consider it Oklahoma Style..... Well and Jo's has been around since 1962.

i actually googled "oklahoma style pizza" yesterday and, from the couple of relevant results, the internet was far less kind. : )

10. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

All the ingredients are on the right half.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    All the ingredients are on the right half.
    Heh.

So it is counter service ordering? Seems weird to put the order window at the rear of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    So it is counter service ordering? Seems weird to put the order window at the rear of the place.
    order window? or just an open kitchen ??

Kitchen is in the back of this establishment.

It doesnt look like a counter order type of place.

Any idea of an opening date ?

They won't commit to an opening date but recently did a tasting which I had to miss.

17. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    This was also the former Windy City location I believe.
    Awww, I remember this place, and taking my first ever love on a date there! Geeez 20+ years ago... and when Bricktown was the hot place to go, lol.

18. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

I like the interior!

19. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

I had a meeting there today. Officially opens Monday.

They very quietly opened yesterday, and I happened to be their first customer ever.

I was quite impressed. The interior is beautiful and the food was excellent; prices are very reasonable. They told me they have purposely not installed their blade sign yet because they want to take it easy on their staff for a couple of weeks.

They offer both New York and Detroit style -- I had a slice of each, $4 per. The portions were generous and I only ordered 2 slices because I wanted to try both styles. For full pies, there are two sizes offered.

You do order food at a counter but everything is brought to you and subsequent orders can be made through the wait staff.

The NY reminded me a lot of Empire and the crust was excellent. I liked the Detroit better than The Parlor and that's saying something. The crust was a bit lighter but still nicely caramelized.

I didn't get a good photo of the menu but in addition to the pizza, there are salads, wings, deserts a bunch of beers, many at only $2.50.
    Lots of big TV's and there are two ping-pong tables at the very front corner.

They are only open 4-9 (closed Sunday) until they get their feet then will move to 11 to 10 every day of the week. Great addition to Bricktown. You can get a really nice slice and a beer for $6.50!

HangryHippo Guest

That looks awesome!

Now if we could get some attention paid to the upper floors of that building, we’d really be cooking.

By the way, I asked them about their early promos that also mentioned "Oklahoma Style" pizza.

They said they may offer that later; it will be their own invention probably made in a cast-iron skillet with local ingredients.

shiner and dos equis for 2.50 is great

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    shiner and dos equis for 2.50 is great
    And it's COLD and served in a frosty mug. As you can see from the menu, there are craft beer options as well.

I think this place is going to be a big hit and I'm sure they are planning more locations, as it's the same group behind Bricktown Brewery. Really professionally run.

Those prices are crazy for Bricktown. I will definitely be checking them out this weekend.

Thread Information