Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out

Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    As I write this, I sit in a hotel room in Palm Desert, California, having just in the past hour eaten at In N Out for the first time in my life.

Verdict? It’s a fast food burger. Better than McDonald’s/Burger King/Wendy’s. Not as good as 100 other local options available in OKC. It’s on the order of a Five Guys or a Steak and Shake.

It’s fine. It’s nothing to spend a lot of energy worrying about one way or another.
    Agreed.

2. Default Re: In-N-Out

When I'm in Vegas I walk right by In N Out and go to White Castle lol

3. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post

HA! White Castle was the best meal I had on the strip!

Notice I said "on the strip".... Best meals I've had in Vegas have always been off the strip.

4. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    HA! White Castle was the best meal I had on the strip!

Notice I said "on the strip".... Best meals I've had in Vegas have always been off the strip.
    I will agree with this except for Cut at the Palazzo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It’s not odd. California began it. Then Las Vegas. Then austin. Then Dallas area. Now the Nashville are. Until Oklahoma has a demographic that matches these cities then we aren’t going to be eating at In-n-out. Unless we drive down to university drive in Denton. Do you see the common denominator?
    San Antonio has had In-n-Out for almost 9 years now.

The Vegas move alone speaks volumes about not making some bull/$&@ religiously motivated market expansion. .
    I don't think anyone said their expansion is guided or motivated by culture or politics, but you.

It's clearly a tactical business strategy that has worked very well for them. It's pretty easy to look at their locations and see that there is not any political or cultural consistencies in their choices. With 385 locations all over California and the southwest, that would be impossible.

Fatburger all day for me. Especially the morning after in Vegas. With a fried egg on it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Fatburger all day for me. Especially the morning after in Vegas. With a fried egg on it.
    Love Fatburger! Blows In & Out away. Their price point is higher though. At least I remember it being higher years ago when I last had it.

Anytime in a city that has a White Castle I have to go there at least once. I was born in Chicago and spent many of our family vacations visiting relatives back there in my youth. One of the first places my father and I would go to is White Castle. And I know you can get them in the frozen food section at grocery stores but it's not the same as getting them fresh at the Porcelain Palace. I so wish we had one here. I will say I've pretty much perfected cooking the frozen ones.

Fatburger franchises, so we don't have to wait to meet some elusive common demographic denominator to get one. Someone just needs about 500k in cash and pass a background check.

11. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I will say I've pretty much perfected cooking the frozen ones.
    Steam mine in the instant pot and it's about as close as I can get to driving to Missouri to get them.

Steam mine in the instant pot and it's about as close as I can get to driving to Missouri to get them.
    We don't have an instant pot. I thaw them completely then microwave them one at a time wrapped in a napkin for 17 seconds in our 1000 watt microwave oven. That gets them pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    I don't think anyone said their expansion is guided or motivated by culture or politics, but you.

It's clearly a tactical business strategy that has worked very well for them. It's pretty easy to look at their locations and see that there is not any political or cultural consistencies in their choices. With 385 locations all over California and the southwest, that would be impossible.
    One more time.The Vegas move speaks volumes about NOT making religiously motivated expansion plans. This was my response to someone pointing out that the founders were religious. Opening in Vegas would be the work of a marketing department utilizing selective market expansion strategies to boost their project.

One more time.The Vegas move speaks volumes about NOT making religiously motivated expansion plans. This was my response to someone pointing out that the founders were religious. Opening in Vegas would be the work of a marketing department utilizing selective market expansion strategies to boost their project.
    If they would have made religiously motivated expansion plans then they likely would have opened here before everywhere else.

15. Default Re: In-N-Out

I've been to a couple cities that have In N Out. Every time the people I'm visiting have to take me there. I don't get it. People have different tastes. I would much rather have McDonalds, Burger King or Whataburger. Or White Castle. Every time I go to St. Louis I have to go there.

One more time.The Vegas move speaks volumes about NOT making religiously motivated expansion plans.
    No one said that they made religiously motivated expansion plans.

This was my response to someone pointing out that the founders were religious.
    That was just in response to your conjecture that their expansion plans are motivated by the perceived hipness and culture of a market and that, along with our politics, is "holding us back".

Opening in Vegas would be the work of a marketing department utilizing selective market expansion strategies to boost their project.
    Absolutely. And it's clear that hipness, culture, politics, and, yes, religion, are NOT the driving factors of their expansion decisions.

One more time. They have 385 locations in California and the southwest. If there ever was an arbitrary cultural, political, or religious metric used in their expansion evaluations, they had to abandon or, at least, significantly alter them several times to get to that number.

Yep, we steam ours in a rice cooker from frozen, wrapped in paper towels, for 12 minutes = 90% same as restaurant.

18. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yep, we steam ours in a rice cooker from frozen, wrapped in paper towels, for 12 minutes = 90% same as restaurant.
    And now I know what I'm having for dinner.... Provided the DG down the street has some in their freezer section.

Just to throw some more evidence that in the burger wars its all just, like, our opinion, man is that I think White Castle is hot garbage. Harold and Kumar is a very apt movie because I'd have to be very high to find a White Castle burger edible.

And I've tried very hard to like them! I had the frozen stuff first and thought "gross" but, you know, its frozen stuff so not a good representation. But then I had some in Vegas and it was basically the same thing. But I thought, you know, maybe this is just some cheap Vegas cash in thing? I dunno, so I tried it in Chicago, a real classic looking White Castle with all the things and it was still very very bad.

and also i love in n out so

20. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Just to throw some more evidence that in the burger wars its all just, like, our opinion, man is that I think White Castle is hot garbage.
    There is no in between on White Castle... people either love them or hate them

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Harold and Kumar is a very apt movie because I'd have to be very high to find a White Castle burger edible.
    That's exactly what White Castle is. It's drunk/high food for people in their early twenties. I have a lot of nostalgia for White Castle, but last time I ate there I thought I was going to be sick and it wasn't the same as I remember when I was younger.

In person, we always get their fish w/cheese and jalapeno cheeseburgers (different cheese and added jalapenos), they're better than the basic stuff.

umm... i need more details. how long and what pressure?

I find it humorous that the frozen White Castles have a cancer warning on the box.

25. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    I find it humorous that the frozen White Castles have a cancer warning on the box.
    I think you can only get cancer if you eat them in California.... Which coincidentally is where In-N-Out is from.... Or is it a coincidence?

Thread Information