Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out

1. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Longnecker's was on NW Expressway close to where Outback is. I also went to the Fuddrucker's on South Western. I couldn't tell the difference. I loved Harrigan's. It was on my weekly lunch list.
    C. T.
    A page ago I was ready to say the NW Exp Fuddruckers location was where Outback is now. Glad you correctly pointed out that was Longneckers. I liked both.

Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    A page ago I was ready to say the NW Exp Fuddruckers location was where Outback is now. Glad you correctly pointed out that was Longneckers. I liked both.
    Wasn't Longneckers was west of Friend's (the Original) and My Pie Pizza? I think after it closed it became Time Out, which is where the PCNorth kids hung out at the time, then UR Cooks. I think they tore it down in the 90's to build the original outback building.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Wasn't Longneckers was west of Friend's (the Original) and My Pie Pizza? I think after it closed it became Time Out, which is where the PCNorth kids hung out at the time, then UR Cooks. I think they tore it down in the 90's to build the original outback building.
    Yes, as others have said it was on the spot where Outback is now located next to Buffalo Wild Wings.

My Pi was in that same area before then; don't remember UR Cooks or Time Out.

4. Default Re: In-N-Out

That sounds pretty accurate.

5. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, as others have said it was on the spot where Outback is now located next to Buffalo Wild Wings.

My Pi was in that same area before then; don't remember UR Cooks or Time Out.
    There was a pretty large building there at first that housed all the above mentioned plus J.B. Nimbles and Butterfield Overland Express plus a dollar theater if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    There was a pretty large building there at first that housed all the above mentioned plus J.B. Nimbles and Butterfield Overland Express plus a dollar theater if I remember right.
    JB Nimbles was in the strip center across the parking lot where Academy is now.

Butterfield's and the theater were in a little mall north of where Outback is currently located.

7. Default Re: In-N-Out

JB Nimbles was in the strip center across the parking lot where Academy is now.

Butterfield's and the theater were in a little mall north of where Outback is currently located.
    That was my stomping grounds. The theater and Butterfields were south of Outback and BWW. Where the empty area is now behind Outback and BWW. I also did part of the electrical work on the theater. North of Outback would have to be across NW Exp and that's definitely not right.

I meant the mall was south, not north.

I grew up right down the street near 63rd & Meridian and I knew the owners of My Pi.

9. Default Re: In-N-Out

I meant the mall was south, not north.

I grew up right down the street near 63rd & Meridian and I knew the owners of My Pi.
    I hope you got discounts. They were REALLY good.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    My in-laws in Tulsa swear by Fuddruckers. I ate there for the first time a few months ago and was really impressed. The one burger joint I miss the most from Tulsa is Goldie's. I wish there was one here in OKC, but I go to Tulsa once or twice a month so I'll make due.
    The Goldie's I remember in OKC were at Hefner & Pennsylvania (Shakey's, Goldie's, and lastly Pioneer Pies before it was razed) and S. Broadway & 9th in Edmond. Does that sound right? I did like Goldie's, and even though I have never been a pickle fan, I liked their pickle bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    The Goldie's I remember in OKC were at Hefner & Pennsylvania (Shakey's, Goldie's, and lastly Pioneer Pies before it was razed) and S. Broadway & 9th in Edmond. Does that sound right? I did like Goldie's, and even though I have never been a pickle fan, I liked their pickle bar.
    I've only lived in OKC for 8 years, so I am unaware of any Goldie's that were ever here. I agree with the pickle bars. I don't usually eat pickles by themselves, but when I do I am waiting on a burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    wow... i did not realize any of those were still left. when i was a kid, we occasionally went to the one on i-240 and shields that was (i think) originally built as a bonanza. it was located where harbor freight is now.
    There are 4 locations in Tulsa. One of my good friends loves them, so if I am in Tulsa around lunch time I will meet him at a Goldie's. Sadly, the last few times I was in a Goldie's it was dead as a doornail and two are temporarily closed.

Can we please change the name of this thread to "Places I used to eat"? Kind of off topic....

14. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Can we please change the name of this thread to "Places I used to eat"? Kind of off topic....
    By far not the first thread that went different directions as it went along. Kinda nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Sorry but fuddruckers isn't better than the Garage or Tucker's. By the way if you haven't tried New State burgers in the plaza, add it to your list.

In-N-Out would at least be an upgrade to the FF burger offerings here.
    Yes, the Garage is good.

In-N-Out doesn't sound to me like it would be a good place for burgers or any food, but I suppose the same can be said of the Garage.

In-Out-Burger is a fast casual place. Fuddruckers and Longnecker's were not. They were sit down restaurants. And you can can't compare their burgers. They were ground ribeye meat and they had a fantastic burger bar to add what suited you. I realize that this is all subjective but I have eaten at all of these places (non bad) and I would list Harrigan's Longnecker's/Fuddruckers, and In-Out-Burger as my order of choice.
    C. T.

I was talking to family in California and I mentioned In N out Burgers.

I was recommended to go to the one by LAX, you can get your order and sit outside and watch the planes coming in really low. Sounds fun to me.

I haven't been to LA in quite a few years but I may just have to go visit some family there.

Here's a video I grabbed at random of such: https://youtu.be/iRd9uMXMhdk

I don't think it's actually on LAX property, just outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post

I was recommended to go to the one by LAX, you can get your order and sit outside and watch the planes coming in really low. Sounds fun to me.

I haven't been to LA in quite a few years but I may just have to go visit some family there.

I'm actually wanting to do something similar this summer with the In-N-Out burger in Grapevine that's right by the DFW Founders Plaza.

^

Yes, it's on Lincoln Blvd. just north of the airport.

20. Default Re: In-N-Out

I absolutely LOVED Time Out!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

21. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post

This is a MUST when coming to LA, the only In N Out that I eat. And yes, it's just outside/offsite of the North Runways' West End.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I'm actually wanting to do something similar this summer with the In-N-Out burger in Grapevine that's right by the DFW Founders Plaza.
    It is just me or are the In-N-Outs in Dallas not as good as the west coast ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It is just me or are the In-N-Outs in Dallas not as good as the west coast ones?
    Not sure. I've never been to California, wanting to go to LA in the next few years but will probably hit up local restaurants when I'm out there. I think the Dallas locations are really good, nothing revolutionary but it's a top tier burger for the price point, just above Whataburger and right on par with Culver's (still hoping against hope that Culver's decides to challenge Braum's and open a few locations in OKC someday).

I've had Culver's many times and I didn't find them better than Braums in burgers or ice cream. I had heard so much about Culver's but even after several experiences it never blew me away or made me want it instead of Braums.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I've had Culver's many times and I didn't find them better than Braums in burgers or ice cream. I had heard so much about Culver's but even after several experiences it never blew me away or made me want it instead of Braums.
    Culvers is one I don't think I've ever tried. I'll have to look next week when I'm travelling and try to find one.

Thread Information