Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out

Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Not that you would choose to live there, but have you been to Southeastern Oklahoma?
    I have not but I have heard it's nice. It's probably one of those things like "Why didn't I come here sooner" kind of things after I get a chance to visit.

PC, you’d be surprised about the number of outdoor recreational opportunities that exist in Oklahoma. I’ve been meaning to make a thread about it as I’ve really gotten into such interests over the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    PC, you’d be surprised about the number of outdoor recreational opportunities that exist in Oklahoma. I’ve been meaning to make a thread about it as I’ve really gotten into such interests over the last 2 years.
    I'm all ears Plutonic Panda. What kind of activities and where? tks.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChicken View Post
    I'm all ears Plutonic Panda. What kind of activities and where? tks.
    I would also be very interested in such a thread?

I'm not a mountain biker, but I know Oklahoma has some pretty good riding and "The MId-South" gravel race, based out of District Bicycles in Stillwater, is nationally known and is one of the big events in that genre of cycling.

5. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    I remembered seeing a map comparing the range of their original distribution center to their new DFW distribution center. Found it again (thank you, Google image search). Based on that map, they could easily build not only in OKC, but even Tulsa and as far as St Louis (hypothetically).

Attachment 16774
    I suspect this distribution model might be old as they have stores in SW Oregon well beyond the 578 mile (or whatever it is/was) range; unless there's another distribution in N-Cal....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

6. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChicken View Post
    CDA is nothing but expensive. I was entertaining a move somewhere to the west at one point but getting priced out of every desirable location. Sucks for me. Oklahoma would be nice if there were mountains and natural areas, BLM (that's Bureau of Land Management) areas, off road and primitive camping. As it stands it's off to Arkansas or Colorado as far as I can tell.
    doesn't Oklahoma have that in the SE? Give it a shot.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    doesn't Oklahoma have that in the SE? Give it a shot.
    I can’t find any BLM lands in Oklahoma.

I can't vouch for the camping as I don't camp, but the Wichita Mountains are great for hiking and only an hour and a half from Downtown. I just wouldn't go in the June - September timeframe as there isn't very much tree cover. I haven't been out to Eastern OK yet but want to try Robber's Cave State Park in the spring and Tallgrass Prairie Preserve at dusk in the summer. Black Mesa Preserve in the Panhandle also seems interesting but it's a solid six hour drive away. Oklahoma is honestly a very geologically diverse state, the issue is that OKC is in the most boring part of it so you have to drive a ways to find anything neat. Also, our state parks aren't very well maintained in my experience but hopefully that will start to change as they're charging for parking now in order to increase funding.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I can't vouch for the camping as I don't camp, but the Wichita Mountains are great for hiking and only an hour and a half from Downtown. I just wouldn't go in the June - September timeframe as there isn't very much tree cover. I haven't been out to Eastern OK yet but want to try Robber's Cave State Park in the spring and Tallgrass Prairie Preserve at dusk in the summer. Black Mesa Preserve in the Panhandle also seems interesting but it's a solid six hour drive away. Oklahoma is honestly a very geologically diverse state, the issue is that OKC is in the most boring part of it so you have to drive a ways to find anything neat. Also, our state parks aren't very well maintained in my experience but hopefully that will start to change as they're charging for parking now in order to increase funding.
    Don’t forget Alabaster Caverns, and Little Sahara

Perfect opportunity Governor. Sell her on the benefits of life in Oklahoma and we might get some more burger joints.

In-N-Out Heiress Lynsi Snyder Selling $17M California Estate | PEOPLE.com
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....de/%3famp=true

I was recently in Dallas and made sure to stop by the location right off Central Expressway.

It was about noon on a Saturday and they weren't busy at all. I have never, ever seen an In-N-Out that slow anywhere in California at any time of day.

I know Texas is Whataburger country... I believe In-N-Out does pretty well in the DFW area but could understand concentrating on Cali versus doing more locations in this part of the country. They could build a hundred more on the West Coast and still be swamped.

Yeah I don’t get the infatuation with In-N-Out in Cali at all. Even the one in Kingman gets swamped but still isn’t as busy as the LA area ones. Still I’d love one in OKC and I think it would do well here. I still enjoy a good In-N-Out burger. I’ve been going to Whataburger less and less over the years.

I lived in Las Vegas for 4 years, visit LA a lot and visit Tucson and visit SF/Oakland a lot and In-N-Out is so just ok I don't get the infatuation with it.

Everytime I'm like its gonna be different this time and it never is. Not much flavor and the fries have even less flavor.

Its like the infatuation with chick fil a I don't get it

It's a California institution and the difficulty in getting it just adds to the desire.

Their fries are different because they are freshly cut and fried just once, rather than fried, frozen, then fried again like every other place.

IMO, it's the best burger for the money. Their prices are generally slightly less than McDonald's.

These burger places that have crazy followings in one area of the country don't seem to translate well to other regions: In-N-Out, Whataburger, Five Guys, etc.

It’s absolutely the best burger for the money. One of the things I feel good about in supporting In-N-Out is how they’ve kept their prices pretty low which shows other companies like Five Guys are straight up price gouging their customers.

^

And In-N-Out treats their employees very well and in turn, the customer service is generally fantastic for a fast food place.

Very similar to Chick-Fil-A in that respect, and both places are rewarded with mega-business.

Yeah I don’t get the infatuation with In-N-Out in Cali at all. Even the one in Kingman gets swamped but still isn’t as busy as the LA area ones. Still I’d love one in OKC and I think it would do well here. I still enjoy a good In-N-Out burger. I’ve been going to Whataburger less and less over the years.
    Whataburger has become more hit and miss. It's still quite good overall but as it has grown, I've noticed it has become less dependably great.

I think In-N-Out kind of gets elevated out of its category sometimes by the people who champion it. The first time I had it, it was so oversold to me that I was like "well, it's okay". But, yeah, when it's rightfully positioned with McDonald's, etc. it makes sense why people love it. As a fast food drive in burger (which it obviously is) it's good and I always make a stop at one when I'm in a market that has one.

But, I do wonder if we had one here if I would actually reach for it first when craving a burger and time / time of day wasn't a factor. At 2AM, yeah, I'm going to In-N-Out over the usual options at that time. Otherwise, I think I'm going to S&B (original), McNellies, Tuckers, Sparks, Bar Arbolada, etc.

I agree on their fries, though. I don't think they salt them much. But they are fresh and "healthier" than most fast food fries, but that's not why you're in a fast food restaurant, is it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

And In-N-Out treats their employees very well and in turn, the customer service is generally fantastic for a fast food place.

Very similar to Chick-Fil-A in that respect, and both places are rewarded with mega-business.
    My one major criticism about In-N-Out and I know this might be why they’re great and produce consistently good food(which is a huge plus for me it’s not amazing but rarely have I had a bad meal at In-N-Out and I eat there A LOT) is I wish they’d update their ordering methods. It’d be nice to order through 3rd party app like DoorDash or introduce mobile orders. You can only order two ways(drive thru or walk in) and the location in my neighborhood(Hollywood) you can usually bet it’s going to be at least a 20 minute ordeal.

I always preferred Fat Burger over in n out but they are super expensive now for some reason

Always like jack n the box but haven't had a burger from there in over a decade so I don't know if they have gone down hill but their egg rolls are still solid

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Whataburger has become more hit and miss. It's still quite good overall but as it has grown, I've noticed it has become less dependably great.
    Yeah I agree. The consistency is getting questionable and I was worried this would happen when they announced their major expansion. Whataburger should stay around OK/Texas part of the country, In-N-Out shouldn’t expand any further than OKC(personal bias), and Tulsa should get a White Castle but that’s as far west as they should go(except for Vegas and I had heard they were considered Hollywood but not sure). Some things should be kept local.

PS, I just discovered a burger place a few years called Cozy Inn Burgers in Salina, KS. Those things are amazing.

My one major criticism about In-N-Out and I know this might be why they’re great and produce consistently good food(which is a huge plus for me it’s not amazing but rarely have I had a bad meal at In-N-Out and I eat there A LOT) is I wish they’d update their ordering methods. It’d be nice to order through 3rd party app like DoorDash or introduce mobile orders. You can only order two ways(drive thru or walk in) and the location in my neighborhood(Hollywood) you can usually bet it’s going to be at least a 20 minute ordeal.
    The Sunset one?

Everywhere in LA is 20 minutes. Even the Sunset In-N-Out.

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    I always preferred Fat Burger over in n out but they are super expensive now for some reason

Always like jack n the box but haven't had a burger from there in over a decade so they have gone down hill but their egg rolls are still solid
    Fat Burger is good. They are expanding in Fort Worth. I think they’d do well here. A Fat Sals would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    The Sunset one?

Everywhere in LA is 20 minutes. Even the Sunset In-N-Out.
    Yeah Sunset and Orange. Really that’s just the norm for In-N-Out in SoCal from Santa Barbra to San Diego. Even the Vegas ones are packed. But Pete is right about the ones in Texas they don’t seem to be nearly as busy as the ones in Cali. The food seems to be consistent.

Have you had Krystals? It is exactly like white castle but the southern version, it would be awesome to get a krystals

Las vegas has white castle

Thread Information