Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out

Default Re: In-N-Out

I've had Culver's many times in Missouri and they have a great burger. I wish they would open in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I've had Culver's many times in Missouri and they have a great burger. I wish they would open in Oklahoma.
    I second and third this statement. Culvers is VERY good.

3. Default Re: In-N-Out

folks, you all need to stop this nonsense and recognize there is a much better burger than all of these that OKC needs more than any - and surprise! we actually have locations here in the Seattle area (SHOCK, as we NEVER usually have anything).. ....

https://www.habitburger.com/

Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

The Habit is alright. I’m not a huge fan and I certainly won’t go out of my way lol. They do have good Shakes though. Speaking of other chains it’d be nice to have a Fat Sals. I thought they had an Austin location but I don’t see it anymore.

I absolutely love The Habit. Our work lunch group ate there almost every week. Great salads, fries and rings too.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    folks, you all need to stop this nonsense and recognize there is a much better burger than all of these that OKC needs more than any - and surprise! we actually have locations here in the Seattle area (SHOCK, as we NEVER usually have anything).. ....

https://www.habitburger.com/

Two strikes for grilled onions and mayo.

Grilled onions, under some circumstances. Mayo has no business on a burger. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Two strikes for grilled onions and mayo.

Grilled onions, under some circumstances. Mayo has no business on a burger. Ever.
    Dude exactly! Personally I can’t stand mayonnaise on anything, but burgers!?

I don’t mind grilled onion served on their own as a side or on kabab but on a sand which? Pft

8. Default Re: In-N-Out

Grilled onion burgers require mustard. Any other burger gets mayo.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Grilled onion burgers require mustard. Any other burger gets mayo.
    A scholar and a gentleman!

Make your own in your kitchen for the very best burger!

11. Default Re: In-N-Out

Mayo here...

In and Out, no thanks. Where's the beef?

What I miss in OKC is Fudruckers.

12. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Make your own in your kitchen for the very best burger!
    There's stuff on this weeks shopping list to do just that!

There's stuff on this weeks shopping list to do just that!
    My favorite burger is a 1/4 lb 80/20 chuck patty cooked on the outdoor grill and eaten with a 1/8 to 1/4" cross-section of onion and Head Country BBQ sauce.

The one time I made the effort to go all out on the stove, with a smashed and crispy patty, mustard evenly spread on both side of the bun (this actually makes a huge difference) and chopped onions, it was one of the best burgers I've ever had.

I rarely cook burgers on the stove and it's usually a hurried affair with me just squirting some mustard and maybe ketchup on the bun, with no additional ingredients.

14. Default Re: In-N-Out

My favorite burger is a 1/4 lb 80/20 chuck patty cooked on the outdoor grill and eaten with a 1/8 to 1/4" cross-section of onion and Head Country BBQ sauce.

The one time I made the effort to go all out on the stove, with a smashed and crispy patty, mustard evenly spread on both side of the bun (this actually makes a huge difference) and chopped onions, it was one of the best burgers I've ever had.

I rarely cook burgers on the stove and it's usually a hurried affair with me just squirting some mustard and maybe ketchup on the bun, with no additional ingredients.
    I use the same patty. I season with a mixture I make of Worcester, Emeril's Essence and just a hint of either onion powder or garlic powder. Then just basic lettuce, B&B pickles, thin as I can slice it tomato and onion. Wife does mustard and I do mayo.
    I'm hungry now!

I use the same patty. I season with a mixture I make of Worcester, Emeril's Essence and just a hint of either onion powder or garlic powder. Then just basic lettuce, B&B pickles, thin as I can slice it tomato and onion. Wife does mustard and I do mayo.
    I'm hungry now!
    I've never had B&B pickles on a burger. I'll have to try that!

16. Default Re: In-N-Out

I've never had B&B pickles on a burger. I'll have to try that!
    Something I got from mom!

None of these chains beats Nic's. Support local businesses. We've had so many burger chains come here only to go out of business.

^

I love Tucker's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    None of these chains beats Nic's. Support local businesses. We've had so many burger chains come here only to go out of business.
    Quite a few local ones too. I had 3 burger places, and now I get to find another one. Not a fan of Nic's or tuckers.

I still haven’t been to Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Quite a few local ones too. I had 3 burger places, and now I get to find another one. Not a fan of Nic's or tuckers.
    My wife really likes Tuckers and the first time I went with her, I was totally unimpressed.

The second time, it was maybe the best burger I'd had in my life.

The handful of times since, I've been back to being totally unimpressed.

I'm curious about Nic's but I won't wait in line for a meal. Besides, I much prefer raw onions on my burger.

^

You can get Nic's at his sit-down restaurant in Midtown.

Go downstairs and sit at the beautiful bar; they also have booths down there.

No one gonna mention The Pump in Up Town? They have great burgers! Are we separating drive thru fast food hamburgers from locally owned sit down burger joints? It's pricy but when I want to treat myself Mary Eddy's has delicious gourmet hamburgers. fyi.

All this talk about burgers and nobody wants to mention the best burger in town, crazy!

Patty Wagon. Go there, enjoy.

Oklahoma Onion Burger. El Reno. Enough said.

Thread Information