Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Living Spaces

Default Re: Living Spaces

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I would think by the end of the year.

They are going to do very well here. Quite different that anything else we have and I really like their style.
    Do they have a decent selection of MCM furniture? We've gotten our dining set, 2 sofas, desk, bedroom set, and a couple of chairs and tables from Suburban Contemporary and they have great stuff, but it's pretty expensive. Be nice to have an alternative...

3. Default Re: Living Spaces

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    It's actually an old attempt to keep animals from entering and obstructing traffic.
    Yes, this. Now if the city wants to do something to spruce it up, then the city can do it. Moore chose to replace their fence with the white plastic stuff. It does make that stretch look nicer than ratty chain link. But it also comes with a much higher cost. And Memorial is a far stretch longer in that area than the few miles for Moore on I-35. So if you want something like that, bring it up to the Ward representative. And be prepared to explain why a cosmetic thing like this is needed more than a practical service for another part of town. Say sidewalks.

Construction is nearing completion on Oklahoma's first Living Spaces store at N. May & Memorial near Quail Springs Mall.

The 140,000-square-foot store on the southeast corner of that intersection will open in March according to a Living Spaces representative.

Inside, there will be four 'homes' each showcasing a different furniture style: Modern, Farmhouse, Spanish and Rustic.

And addition to a large selection of furniture and home décor, the OKC location will also offer a cafe and a play area for kids.

Living Spaces will employ approximately 100 non-commission employees and has a robust Internet site where a large number of items can be ordered directly.

Design consultants will help families as they shop including celebrity collections like Magnolia Home by Joanna Gaines, and items described as 'timeless and sophisticated' by Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent.

Long popular in the Western U.S., Living Spaces promotes itself as a purveyor of stylish, diverse and well-priced furniture and home décor.

6. Default Re: Living Spaces

Pete, what's going in on the hard corner there? An OnCue or 7-11, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Pete, what's going in on the hard corner there? An OnCue or 7-11, maybe?
    Nothing yet but it looks like they have room for 2-3 businesses.

In addition to their store that will open at the end of March, Living Spaces has leased 56,000 SF for a distribution center in the new complex at 89th & Pole Road:

9. Default Re: Living Spaces

How many tag alongs with new to market businesses has there been with in the past decade or so?

Costco, Carvana, now Living Spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    How many tag alongs with new to market businesses has there been with in the past decade or so?

Costco, Carvana, now Living Spaces.
    I wonder if that's typical when businesses like these are new to a market? I'm genuinely curious

Don't have any pics, but the signs are up on the building now!

They will be opening before the end of March.

I really like their stuff and look forward to checking everything out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B1CC8D8-D774-4F10-BFF8-3AF7CE6F8B40.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	17929

They’re open now!

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B1CC8D8-D774-4F10-BFF8-3AF7CE6F8B40.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	17929

They’re open now!
    Not until March 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not until March 17th.
    They have a big sign on the building that says "NOW OPEN" and there were regular customers entering and exiting the store. Unless its a soft opening or something.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    They have a sign on the building that says "NOW OPEN" and there were regular customers entering and exiting the store. Unless its a soft opening or something.
    Interesting.

They told me March 17th and their website doesn't show them open yet.

Thanks for the heads up; I'll go by there.

17. Default Re: Living Spaces

Their ribbon cutting /grand opening is this Thursday at 3:00pm

I will have to check them out. Hope they don't have shopper stalkers like Mathis Brothers do or what my wife calls them: "Sad little puppy dogs that follow you around".

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I will have to check them out. Hope they don't have shopper stalkers like Mathis Brothers do or what my wife calls them: "Sad little puppy dogs that follow you around".
    Their employees don't work on commission, thank goodness.

I really liked them in California and their contemporary style and business model will be a great addition to this market. We need something other than Mathis Brothers and Bob Mills.

You can also order virtually everything through their website and app.

20. Default Re: Living Spaces

One of the guys who moved here from Phoenix to open this store said that this store is much larger than the one he ran in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I am hoping the same, let me look, if I have a question I will seek you out. Hoping the store is more like Nebraska Furniture Mart or Ikea, where you are left alone and aren't bothered unless you want to be.

We have had such negative experiences at the two large stores on Reno. Your wife calls them "Sad little puppy dogs", I call them vultures.

The official opening is Friday, March 17th but Oklahoma's first Living Spaces furniture store has been quietly open for about at week.

Located on the southeast corner of May Avenue and Memorial Road, the 140,000-square-foot store offers all types of furnishings and décor.

There is also a cafe with coffee, food items, and wine and beer (you can actually drink while you shop). For the little ones, there is a supervised, huge indoor play area.

The California-based chain employs non-commission sales associates who are happy to help but won't stalk you while you browse the huge store. The company also has a robust website and app where you can view and buy almost everything they have in their brick-and-mortar. Most items can be delivered in just a few days; small items can be carried out.

In addition to the typical floor displays, there are four fully furnished and accessorized 'homes' each showcasing a different furniture style: Modern, Farmhouse, Spanish, and Rustic.

There are celebrity collections like Magnolia Home by Joanna Gaines, and items described as 'timeless and sophisticated' by Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent.

Long popular in the Western U.S., Living Spaces promotes itself as a purveyor of stylish, diverse and well-priced furniture and home décor.

Hours 10 AM to 9 PM daily.

That's a pretty steep price for a child's apple juice box.

Blog Entries

Nice furniture shopping alternative and given its location should do very well.

It's a beautiful, fantastic store.

Their employees are non-commission but very helpful if you should need a question answered. Completely different than any of the large furniture stores in OKC.

I also happen to really like their stuff; a lot of contemporary and classic styles.

It's pleasant and fun just to go in and walk around and check it all out; that is something I would never do at the places down on Reno.

They are going to kick tail in this market.

Thread Information