Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Rifle Coffee

Default Re: Black Rifle Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/behind-bl...122500352.html

I am so confused and weirded out how people are making coffee political. Like this place just seems wrong. The whole “wanting to be coffee for conservatives”. Jesus people are so weird. Drink your coffee. You don’t like Starbucks? Choose local. Am I the only one that thinks this is so stupid. I mean great business idea (because people are dumb and fall for anything) but still unnecessary.
    The people who make fun of "libtards" for needing safe spaces create a coffee shop for their own safe spaces.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    The people who make fun of "libtards" for needing safe spaces create a coffee shop for their own safe spaces.
    Their own message boards, channels, coffee shops. ****’s endless.

3. Default Re: Black Rifle Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I wonder if other countries have coffee shops that subscribers to a specific political ideology use as a status symbol.
    Other countries? Most every decent sized city has coffee shops that cater only to certain groups. Coffee shops have long been associated with political discourse.

4. Default Re: Black Rifle Coffee

How is it a "problem?" Just go to another coffee shop.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Other countries? Most every decent sized city has coffee shops that cater only to certain groups. Coffee shops have long been associated with political discourse.
    Catering to certain groups is very different than "specific political ideology used as a status symbol" which was the question posed and quoted by you in your response.

I went this weekend. It had good coffee, which is all that mattered to me. I don't care where the proceeds go. Maybe that's just me.

7. Default Re: Black Rifle Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Catering to certain groups is very different than "specific political ideology used as a status symbol" which was the question posed and quoted by you in your response.
    I'm not sure there's really a difference. Does Black Rifle Coffee actively turn away anti-Trumpers? I don't know about OKC, but in Denver there are a number of coffee shops and other small businesses that make it clear with signs and symbols by their doors that conservatives are not welcome. There is even one openly Pro-Trump shop (Trumped Gift and Coffee House) that's still open. So, l have to disagree with you.

No matter, the bottom line is you can always buy your coffee at another shop.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I went this weekend. It had good coffee, which is all that mattered to me. I don't care where the proceeds go. Maybe that's just me.
    It seems most people don’t care where the proceeds go unless an establishment promotes itself heavily on what they stand for beyond their products, which is what the conversation seems to be about to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I'm not sure there's really a difference. Does Black Rifle Coffee actively turn away anti-Trumpers? I don't know about OKC, but in Denver there are a number of coffee shops and other small businesses that make it clear with signs and symbols by their doors that conservatives are not welcome. There is even one openly Pro-Trump shop (Trumped Gift and Coffee House) that's still open. So, l have to disagree with you.

No matter, the bottom line is you can always buy your coffee at another shop.
    I would agree with Pete. I rarely see businesses, even coffee shops, promote themselves on political stances. There are a number of things that have little to do with politics that have become political, alas the inclusivity signs that can be found throughout cities like Portland and San Francisco, but I find it hard to call those political stances. I see them more as support for marginalized groups. Seeing as how so many things become political in America, I can see that it is probably hard for people that view everything through a political lens to make the distinction, but from the way that I personally approach it, I think there is a distinction. I’m sure there are businesses that put up the inclusivity signs with political ideas in mind but I don’t find the things the signs label themselves to be political.

(I’m not saying you’re talking about the inclusivity signs; that is what I am using as a reference as I have heard people mention those specifically as being political)

10. Default Re: Black Rifle Coffee

These are definitly the oppositevof IN-clusivity signs that l'm talking about.

You'll never see many businesses that would do this because it automatically excludes half your potential clients but some few don't care.

I'm done. Drink their coffee or go elsewhere. That's how the market works and why choices are always good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    I would agree with Pete. I rarely see businesses, even coffee shops, promote themselves on political stances. There are a number of things that have little to do with politics that have become political, alas the inclusivity signs that can be found throughout cities like Portland and San Francisco, but I find it hard to call those political stances. I see them more as support for marginalized groups. Seeing as how so many things become political in America, I can see that it is probably hard for people that view everything through a political lens to make the distinction, but from the way that I personally approach it, I think there is a distinction. I’m sure there are businesses that put up the inclusivity signs with political ideas in mind but I don’t find the things the signs label themselves to be political.

(I’m not saying you’re talking about the inclusivity signs; that is what I am using as a reference as I have heard people mention those specifically as being political)
    We falsely make everything political. It's like saying dogs are animals. Bears are animals. Therefore dogs are bears. Social stances may be supported by certain people who ALSO belong to certain political groups, but it doesn't make the stance political.

Black Rifle Coffee is planning to renovate and occupy the former PDQ Chicken building at 14215 N. Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Black Rifle Coffee is planning to renovate and occupy the former PDQ Chicken building at 14215 N. Penn.
    Seems like they are really growing. I think they even had one store a year or two ago. I still haven’t been but looks interesting.

It has good coffee. I have never cared who owns a business, if the product is quality. I like the Moore location.

Thread Information