Widgets Magazine

View Poll Results: Select three MAPS 4 projects you think will be among the first to be built

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Parks ($140 million)

4 11.11%
  • Youth Centers ($110 million)

1 2.78%
  • Senior Wellness Centers ($30 million)

3 8.33%
  • Mental Health and Addiction ($40 million)

2 5.56%
  • Family Justice Center operated by Palomar ($38 million)

3 8.33%
  • Transit ($87 million)

2 5.56%
  • Sidewalks, bike lanes, trails and streetlights ($87 million)

5 13.89%
  • Homelessness ($50 million)

5 13.89%
  • Chesapeake Energy Arena and related facilities ($115 million)

24 66.67%
  • Animal Shelter ($38 million)

6 16.67%
  • Fairgrounds Coliseum ($63 million)

21 58.33%
  • Diversion Hub ($17 million)

1 2.78%
  • Innovation District ($71 million)

8 22.22%
  • Freedom Center and Clara Luper Civil Rights Center ($25 million)

10 27.78%
  • Beautification ($30 million)

2 5.56%
  • Multipurpose Stadium ($37 million)

12 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Select three MAPS 4 projects you think will be among the first to be built

Blog Entries

Default Select three MAPS 4 projects you think will be among the first to be built

Parks ($140 million)
    Youth Centers ($110 million)
    Senior Wellness Centers ($30 million)
    Mental Health and Addiction ($40 million)
    Family Justice Center operated by Palomar ($38 million)
    Transit ($87 million)
    Sidewalks, bike lanes, trails and streetlights ($87 million)
    Homelessness ($50 million)
    Chesapeake Energy Arena and related facilities ($115 million)
    Animal Shelter ($38 million)
    Fairgrounds Coliseum ($63 million)
    Diversion Hub ($17 million)
    Innovation District ($71 million)
    Freedom Center and Clara Luper Civil Rights Center ($25 million)
    Beautification ($30 million)
    Multipurpose Stadium ($37 million)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Select three MAPS 4 projects you think will be among the first to be built

Note he said vote for what you think will get built first, not for what you WANT to get built first. You know the first thing to start will be fairgrounds arena. Next two things will be arena updates and innovation district. Obvs those aren't the greatest needs, but those are the areas the most influential care about and so will get done first. Kind of like how the convention center was bumped to the top early on in MAPS 3, though of course it was the last thing finished.

Default Re: Select three MAPS 4 projects you think will be among the first to be built

I think the vote will be full of fraud and unqualified voters will steal the election and people will try to sway a fair vote. Please send a paper ballot.

4. Post Re: Select three MAPS 4 projects you think will be among the first to be built

I voted for 2, Chesapeake Arena and Fairgrounds. In that order.

In fact, I think the items that MOST people really want or will impact most people will be dead last. Here is my list in order:

Arena

Fairgrounds pork barrel colusium
    Innovation District Hub

Freedom Center

Diversion Hub
    Senior Wellness Centers
    Family Justice Center
    Homelessness
    Mental Health

Parks
    Youth Centers
    Animal Shelter

Stadium

Transit
    Beautification
    Sidewalks, Bike Lanes, Trails, and streetlights

Notice the blocks of project(s).

The ONLY reason why fairgrounds is not dead first is because OKC Thunder means much more to OKC profile/PR and entertainment wise and has more high profile folks running it. Notice that I place the fairgrounds ahead of Innovation District but in the same block after the arena first.

Im not necessarily arguing against any of these project - I think they're all needed. But I think the priority should be different than what likely we will end up seeing (as I predict above). For my wish order -

I'd put Beautification, Sidewalks, Animal Shelter and Transit (in that order) first because they're less costly and the impact would touch people more quickly and really move the city up quite a bit. Next I'd agree with the arena and probably innovation district given their impact economically to the city - but they're also the most costly so it will delay those remaining a bit. Last on my list would be the stadium and then finally the fairgrounds colusium - just not as impactful as the others and they obvously could get started without city funds.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I'm guessing the Cheseapeake improvements, the new soccer arena, and the fairgrounds are the first three. The Old money folks who have deep roots in the OKC Alliance get taken care of first.

sidewalks will almost for sure be first ... doen't cost very much money and good optics

Blog Entries

yeah but it seems to have taken a surprisingly long time for them to do the engineering work on the sidewalk projects during MAPS3....

Blog Entries

MAPS4 Re: Select three MAPS 4 projects you think will be among the first to be built

Didn't realize that the Thunder would push for the Chesapeake Arena/Thunder practice center to go first in line. The Thunder ownership is made up of the city & states' richest individuals (Kaiser, richest Thunder owner).

NBA has indicated the 2021-22 season could see all NBA franchises with some % of fan participation. The Peake will have all new seats installed and a new southwest entrance pictured below:

$104 million for The Peake and $11 million practice facility renovations.
    The Arena & the Practice facility could be done in phases, eg; seats first, new entrance... Opening and success of the new convention center (bookings) with its agenda could play more into the arena being moved up.

Let's not forget the State Fair Coliseum; they want it to be ready for rodeo & trade show season.
    The horse industry at the Fairgrounds has a big economic impact on new money (sales & hotel room tax) infused into our local economy. The hotel room sales tax will help fund the new SF coliseum--it could be moved back for more favorable funding conditions.

Those are my personal observations based on previous MAPS projects. Would like to hear more comments.

just about every NBA team will have fans this season except for the thunder

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    just about every NBA team will have fans this season except for the thunder
    last i had heard the Nuggets wouldn't have fans... has that changed?
    same with the Warriors.
    and the clippers and lakers
    also the same with the Timberwolves
    as well as the Trail Blazers
    lets not forget the Kings
    I don't think the Spurs have had fans yet nor have that announced a plan that i have seen for them to return
    and the wizards.

so with the thunder... unless one of these teams has made an announcement that i missed. that's 1/3rd of the league.... so i wouldn't say just about every NBA team except for the Thunder.

source for my information

https://www.nba.com/news/where-nba-t...ena-attendance

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    last i had heard the Nuggets wouldn't have fans... has that changed?
    same with the Warriors.
    and the clippers and lakers
    also the same with the Timberwolves
    as well as the Trail Blazers
    lets not forget the Kings
    I don't think the Spurs have had fans yet nor have that announced a plan that i have seen for them to return
    and the wizards.

so with the thunder... unless one of these teams has made an announcement that i missed. that's 1/3rd of the league.... so i wouldn't say just about every NBA team except for the Thunder.

source for my information

https://www.nba.com/news/where-nba-t...ena-attendance

most of those teams are moving forward with plans to have fans at some point this season or in this years playoffs. ...

most of those teams are moving forward with plans to have fans at some point this season or in this years playoffs. ...
    can you show me where they are? because the NBA has been pretty good about updating that site i listed even when something is just briefly mentioned by team ownership... and they list nothing like that for those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    can you show me where they are? because the NBA has been pretty good about updating that site i listed even when something is just briefly mentioned by team ownership... and they list nothing like that for those teams.
    google can work for you just as well as it does for me

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-says/2550848/

google can work for you just as well as it does for me

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-says/2550848/
    doesn't say it's happening, says it's realistic for it... and the staples center came out the next day and said they are hopeful... that is not a plan for return.

and so this is two teams... so now we still have 8 others then... it's still not just the Thunder. that is all i have ever been saying. we are being cautious, just like 1/3rd of the league is.

Thread Information