Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Broadvue (formerly 9000 Broadway) Apartments

Default Re: 9000 Broadway Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The advantage to building these apartments next to entertainment and office all comes down to whether there is good urbanist interconnectivity between the developments, but from what I can tell, it appears you have to walk through parking lots to get from one place to the next. Kind of ruins any appeal psychologically, no? How are other reading this lay out?

It's just been disappointing to see developments like Chisholm Creek just totally blow this. It's really not that hard to push parking out to the edges of developments, create walkable, interesting spaces, and it makes the entire development far more valuable and appealing, especially for residents. Or, you can just put giant, ugly parking lots in the middle of everything.
    Yes, it is one of the most anti-pedestrian site plans I've ever seen. We love the theatre but the site plan is awful.

Default Re: Broadvue (formerly 9000 Broadway) Apartments

On a positive note, the development has Flix and Chicken N Pickle. These are destination entertainment venues and add to the OKC landscape. I saw at the beginning of the thread that Randy Hogan is the developer of this project. He was the developer of Lower Bricktown which many people complained about lack of walkability and anti-pedestrian access. It seems like this was another one of his amateur hour developments. I would love to see more national developers come in that really know what they are doing and understand walkability, pedestrian is a must in quality developments!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    On a positive note, the development has Flix and Chicken N Pickle. These are destination entertainment venues and add to the OKC landscape. I saw at the beginning of the thread that Randy Hogan is the developer of this project. He was the developer of Lower Bricktown which many people complained about lack of walkability and anti-pedestrian access. It seems like this was another one of his amateur hour developments. I would love to see more national developers come in that really know what they are doing and understand walkability, pedestrian is a must in quality developments!
    This is all true, but the perplexing part for new urbanists is that they will fill up quickly and be very successful financially. Developers figure people vote with their dollars and unless it fails financially will continue to develop just like this.

In the foreground, you can see parking expansion for Dolese and Chicken n Pickle:

Thread Information