Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadvue (formerly 9000 Broadway) Apartments

Default Re: 9000 Broadway Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    I can’t believe “vibrant parking lots” is a real discussion
    Seriously. There's always plenty of vibrant life in the parking lot. All you need to do is make sure someone "hydrates" with one too many, add a little song and dance, shake in a club, pour out in that parking lot, add in a little something that doesn't agree, stir drunkenly, and then you got that vibrant flavor that so often fills the parking lot every weekend. And the best thing is that it doesn't end there, it'll still be the hottest thing on social media for fifteen minutes.

Blog Entries

Doesn't this open up to a lake with walking paths that also lead to the new restaurants to be built? It is literally across the street from Chicken Pickle and the new medical facility. It has a parking garage too, not a surface lot.

Even though so many on here winge at everything, I think this will fill up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    A primary aim of walkability is vibrancy. And walkability does not have to conflict with having parking. It's just where you put the parking. Again, at Chilsolm Creek, they often didn't even imaging that people might walk from one place to another. They assumed the parking lots were dead spaces and people would get in a car if they wanted to go from Republic (RIP) to Top Golf. It's totally unnecessary and unimaginative. Same thing here. Walkability would have encouraged vibrancy.
    To you it's unnecessary and unimaginable. That's an opinion not a fact. The developer may think it's exactly what was needed. Like I previously stated, every development that is live, work and play is not necessarily intended to be walkable.

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    I can’t believe “vibrant parking lots” is a real discussion
    This wouldn’t be the first ridiculous topic that comes up when a nice suburban development is proposed and won’t be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I live in Hollywood but I disagree with you.
    Can you share some examples of vibrant parking lots? For real, I'd like to understand what you're talking about.

Blog Entries

Can you share some examples of vibrant parking lots? For real, I'd like to understand what you're talking about.
    The one with a taco truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    The one with a taco truck.
    Hahaha

I already did.

But for real, this conversation is absolutely ridiculous. There are vibrant parking lots all around Hollywood. Yes taco trucks are indeed involved. Sometimes if it gets really crazy they’ll have Macaron trucks.

A little bit walking doesn’t hurt, we Americans need to walk a lot more, they just need to plant more trees.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Doesn't this open up to a lake with walking paths that also lead to the new restaurants to be built? It is literally across the street from Chicken Pickle and the new medical facility. It has a parking garage too, not a surface lot.

Even though so many on here winge at everything, I think this will fill up fast.
    I agree with you. In fact I think this area will out-chisolm Chisolm Creek with respect to being walkable and such.

I already did.

But for real, this conversation is absolutely ridiculous. There are vibrant parking lots all around Hollywood. Yes taco trucks are indeed involved. Sometimes if it gets really crazy they’ll have Macaron trucks.
    I just looked back at all your posts and you provided zero examples of "vibrant parking lots." You just said they are frequent in Hollywood.

Yes, food trucks can succeed in parking lots, but it's funny because the food trucks are often just simulating better urban design by filling the parking lot with a business. If this new development had planned spots for food trucks, that could certainly be part of a more walkable environment, which are more vibrant spaces by design.

If you think a parking lot is vibrant, just imagine if they took the perpetually empty portions, converted it to grass, and added trees...

The overall development being built already ripe for "suburban retrofit".

But the apartments are really cool, and that is really what this thread is about.

Default Re: Broadvue (formerly 9000 Broadway) Apartments

This project is now called Broadvue Apartments and they just filed for their building permits.

Should see dirt moving soon.

This project is now fully under construction.

This project is now fully under construction.
    The activity on this parcel is staging for the medical facility under construction to the south:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The activity on this parcel is staging for the medical facility under construction to the south:
    it is also used as chicken and pickle overflow parking ..

Pete, thanks for the correction and my bad for wrong information. I had just assumed it was for Broadvue. I suppose that will not start than until the medical facility is complete.

Pete, thanks for the correction and my bad for wrong information. I had just assumed it was for Broadvue. I suppose that will not start than until the medical facility is complete.
    No worries. Without drone angles it's hard to see what is going on there.

The BroadVue Apartment project should start construction soon.

They have recently filed slightly amended building permits.

I suspect they are waiting for the medical facility to the south to be complete, as the BroadVue property has been used by them for staging. The medical building should be complete soon.

They just filed for a construction trailer to be placed on the site.

Work should be starting soon.

pete what is the Yellow in your picture?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    pete what is the Yellow in your picture?
    I believe it is an area where they have been dumping fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe it is an area where they have been dumping fill.
    thanks

Thread Information