Widgets Magazine

Thread: Stores ahead of snow storms status.

Default Stores ahead of snow storms status.

It's only Thursday evening and hearing the grocery stores are beginning to be over-ran. Someone on twitter even posted that the Yukon Crest parking lot was full. What's been everyone experience so far and when are you planning on going if at all. I'm going to just go to Braums Tomorrow I don't need much.

2. Default Re: Stores ahead of snow storms status.

I stopped by Sean's Spirits on NW Exp and Rockwell on the way home. ALDI right next door was packed. But Sean's was much busier than usual too. Apparently bread, milk and alcohol are important!

Default Re: Stores ahead of snow storms status.

They're insane. We usually do our weekly store trip on Friday afternoons because the wife's off on Fridays (mostly), and I couldn't go today during the day, had meetings/things to do every 90 minutes, so just couldn't get away, went to HL on 18th tonight. Parking lot completely full, no carts available, out of incredible amounts of things. No beef at the meat counter, maybe one pound of shrimp, no fish, very little soup, no thyme or parsley (didn't need rosemary or sage ), frozen meal section was half empty, lines all the way down the aisles, ad nauseum.

Are people really that short-stocked at home that they can't go more than a few days without a grocery store run? We almost just left and said screw it, we can get by until Tuesday, since the snow's mostly supposed to be blowing, light-ish snow, not solid freeze to the ground immediately-type snow (at least that's what I last heard), but since we were there we went ahead and got what we could, literally only half our usual list.

One woman just bought a bunch of bananas and two containers of strawberries, nothing else. One guy bought 40 20-oz bottles of Pepsi and very little else. Just bizarre how people behave......

Our local Braums was even busy at 2pm on a Thursday afternoon. 3 cartons of eggs left and the tiny little market area was packed.

And wow, the next available grocery pickup at every Walmart within a 10 mile radius of me isn't until Tuesday morning. This is nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Our local Braums was even busy at 2pm on a Thursday afternoon. 3 cartons of eggs left and the tiny little market area was packed.

And wow, the next available grocery pickup at every Walmart within a 10 mile radius of me isn't until Tuesday morning. This is nuts!
    I just checked the Walmart by I-40 and MacArthur Sunday is next time they have left. Can always do Braums online pick up but currently I think it's only for 5 or 6 stores. Check their website. It's under testing now.

6. Default Re: Stores ahead of snow storms status.

Now THIS is an Oklahoma thread. I love it.

The Belle Isle Walmart was slammed this evening with shelves about half-empty.

I live like 8 blocks from Belle Isle WalMart and while I hope to make it tomorrow I might just stop by on Saturday. Going to be fun making a meal out of 6 random vegetables, everyone's least favorite pasta in the store, a can of ghost pepper salsa and some great value salt and vinegar potato chips

Crest in Edmond is barren shelves and Uptown not much better. We were able to get everything we needed between both stores.

Just got back from Crest in Yukon and it was pretty picked over.

Just went to WinCo on 39th and they were fully stocked.

No problems with stock this Friday morning at Braums they just got a truck in. This is where Braums really comes in handy when you only need a few things and you don't feel like fighting the crowds at the store.

If you just need a few items like milk, bread and eggs, consider Natural Grocers. Not that much more expensive but well stocked this morning. In Edmond.

Whole Foods was pretty cleaned out on produce and a lot of the meat but I had better luck at Sprouts.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I just checked the Walmart by I-40 and MacArthur Sunday is next time they have left. Can always do Braums online pick up but currently I think it's only for 5 or 6 stores. Check their website. It's under testing now.
    I placed a Walmart pick-up order on the 11th for pick-up at noon today, I fully expected for them to be out of some items/have substitutions; however, they just canceled the whole order this morning due to 'extreme weather conditions'. That was fun.

My wife and I went on Thursday at lunch to Crest in Yukon figuring we could be the crowd and we were wrong. It was packed. We did our normal shopping routine. No need to do a major stock up.

I recommend having a 3-6 month food supply, so you don’t have to worry about these situations when the grocery stores are low in stock. If there is a major disaster, the first thing to go is the food at the grocery store. Having a food supply is a peace of mind. An internet search can give tips on what kind of food to keep in the supply and there are a lot of sellers on this kind of supply. Also, you don’t need to buy it at once. You can buy a little at a time to build it up. Then rotate with the food supply, so it doesn’t go bad. There are products that last 20-25 years, so the need to rotate is less.

Went to Crest Edmond last night, it was packed, out of carts, HOWEVER, they had stockers ready to go and were trying to replenish as much as they could while being swamped with customers.

Headed to Aldi Edmond this morning for some last minute items, and they had a full stock of sandwich bread and milk. I am guessing it was a truck that came in Friday night/Saturday morning?

18. Default Re: Stores ahead of snow storms status.

Went to the 122nd & Rockwell Homeland this morning early. They were busier than usual for 7:30am but the only two isles that were pretty bare were the chips and pop isles.

Was reading under braum's post about them being stocked on Facebook and a lot of comments saying that even a lot of their stores are out of bread and milk

We went to Costco about 10:30 this morning and they were less busy than usual for a Saturday morning.

They weren't out of anything so we grabbed steaks, ground beef, limes and a few heat-and-eat treats, so we are set. We had plenty of food but the cupboards still felt bare without some beef of some kind.

Thread Information