Widgets Magazine

Thread: Downtown Yukon development

Default Downtown Yukon development

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/219-...gF5zW-9trAKJGA

I saw this being discussed on a Yukon Facebook group. This would be pretty redefining for Downtown Yukon. Downtown is in major need of development and improvement as the city continues to grow. Needless to say there are some Yukonites who aren't that excited about the development as they want Yukon to remain a small town. Yeah, that's not happening.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Downtown Yukon development

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Edit
    What do you mean?

HangryHippo Guest

Ignore that post. The mobile version of this site is total crap and I can’t delete it. I switched to the full site but the buttons are overlaid on each other and couldn’t delete it there either.

Why is the rendering in a different city?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Why is the rendering in a different city?
    I'm not sure that's an actual rendering of what they're planning to build. Especially when you look at the schematic of the development. I'm not sure why it's there.

They have multiple weird pictures that don’t seem very relevant but from the ones I did see that seem like part of the development it looks good. Last I left to come to LA I left OKC during rush hour and stopped in Yukon to get something to eat off the highway, I was surprised at how much traffic there was. Almost as bad as Edmond lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They have multiple weird pictures that don’t seem very relevant but from the ones I did see that seem like part of the development it looks good. Last I left to come to LA I left OKC during rush hour and stopped in Yukon to get something to eat off the highway, I was surprised at how much traffic there was. Almost as bad as Edmond lol
    Yeah, Yukon needs to be coming up with a traffic plan, sooner rather than later. It's not the small farming town anymore and it's only going to get worse. I'd really like to buy what I can turn into my dream home there someday and would prefer to not be stuck in backed up traffic all the time.

Most of our traffic problems seem to be all of the people who live south of I-40. They come home via I-40, use the retail corridors and then slowly gum up the N/S roads...

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Most of our traffic problems seem to be all of the people who live south of I-40. They come home via I-40, use the retail corridors and then slowly gum up the N/S roads...
    It does not help how the city put in more stoplights than really needed on Garth Brooks for the retailers in the half miles both directions from 40

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It does not help how the city put in more stoplights than really needed on Garth Brooks for the retailers in the half miles both directions from 40
    No, nor do I like how everything is stack up on Garth Brooks and I-40. I live on the north side of 66 and east of Yukon Parkway, so pretty much anything in Yukon is "across town" for us.

The issue is that it's always going to be a tough sell to build any subdivisions north of Wagner because the road network pretty much dies and (I'm assuming) at least some of that land is in a flood plain. So development will continue expanding south and west and restaurants/retail will continue to focus on the I-40 corridor.

So is the proposal going to demo both grain elevators? I am not entirely sure what the idea is on this thing. But I wouldn't mind some dense residential closer to downtown.

Thread Information