Widgets Magazine

Thread: Ward 3 Lying Candidate

Default Ward 3 Lying Candidate

UNITE Norman backed candidate fails to acknowledge criminal past.

Norman City Council candidate fails to admit he once pled guilty to a felony... – The Lost Ogle
    https://www.thelostogle.com/2021/01/...y-to-a-felony/

2. Default Re: Ward 3 Lying Candidate

I heard that the OK Supreme court said the recall for Ward 3 was struck down? So this is all moot anyway?

Default Re: Ward 3 Lying Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I heard that the OK Supreme court said the recall for Ward 3 was struck down? So this is all moot anyway?
    Odd numbered wards are up for election on Feb. 9. Plus the issue of all future TIF'S needing voter approval to be voted on.

IlRC, if a felony is expunged or dismissed, it is the same as it being erased and does not have to be divulged. Is that what happened here?

The question was whether he had pled guilty to a felony. He had. His answer was a lie. The end.

That said, the date to challenge his candidacy has passed. He's part of the whole untie Norman thing, so he's probably doomed anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    IlRC, if a felony is expunged or dismissed, it is the same as it being erased and does not have to be divulged. Is that what happened here?
    Depends on the type of expungement as OK has two different ones. The first just seals the court record at the end of a deferred sentence. It does not seal the OSBI. The second type is under 22 OS 18,19 which requires filing a petition. It seals the OSBI record and allows you to legally say you have never been arrested. Here is from the statute:

F. Employers, educational institutions, state and local government agencies, officials, and employees shall not, in any application or interview or otherwise, require an applicant to disclose any information contained in sealed records. An applicant need not, in answer to any question concerning arrest and criminal records, provide information that has been sealed, including any reference to or information concerning such sealed information and may state that no such action has ever occurred. Such an application may not be denied solely because of the refusal of the applicant to disclose arrest and criminal records information that has been sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    He's part of the whole untie Norman thing...
    I like my Normans tied up, really.

When I saw the headline I thought it was the other ward 3 candidate Talley who's father in law is none other than Sassan Moghdam so it appears the fix is in for Ward 3 either way.

I actually know Talley. He's good people. His father owned The Mont.

Thread Information