Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stimulus Check

Default Re: Stimulus Check

Same here March 17,2021. Not going to blow it. Enjoy your new laptop, I wished I went with a 17 in instead of a 15.

2. Default Re: Stimulus Check

The 17th must be a big day. I'm having my fence replaced. Whee!!

So today, after I filed my taxes on Friday, I received my last stimulus check... LOL. Gwad, what a cluster..

I used mine to "stimulate" the Dentist. The Dentist said business was booming, and when I asked him what he attributed it to he replied in a whisper "stimulus."

We aren't getting a penny. We're in the group that got graduated payments the first two times based on what we made last year, but with this round we get ZERO. It really sucks because now I'm unemployed and yet we don't get any of the stimulus because of what I used to make. lol. Gotta love it....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    We aren't getting a penny. We're in the group that got graduated payments the first two times based on what we made last year, but with this round we get ZERO. It really sucks because now I'm unemployed and yet we don't get any of the stimulus because of what I used to make. lol. Gotta love it....
    You’ll get it eventually when you file taxes next year. I get that doesn’t do much for you now. B

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    You’ll get it eventually when you file taxes next year. I get that doesn’t do much for you now. B
    I don't think we'll get it then either. We are in the group that doesn't qualify based on our income from last year. Even though I'm unemployed and broke now, last year we made too much.

I don't think we'll get it then either. We are in the group that doesn't qualify based on our income from last year. Even though I'm unemployed and broke now, last year we made too much.
    You’ll get it when you do your 2021 taxes next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    You’ll get it when you do your 2021 taxes next year.
    No, we won't. Our AGI was over $160,000 last year before I got laid off. So, despite the fact that I'm currently unemployed, we don't qualify for the 3rd round whatsoever.

And, the cherry on top is that I applied for my unemployment on October 11, and still haven't received one single penny of it. That's a fun little side note. Lol

No, we won't. Our AGI was over $160,000 last year before I got laid off. So, despite the fact that I'm currently unemployed, we don't qualify for the 3rd round whatsoever.
    Believe you will get a payment next year based on your 2021 AGI, though. Assuming you don’t get a high paying gig this year. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

^

AGI is based on the last tax return you filed.

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    Believe you will get a payment next year based on your 2021 AGI, though. Assuming you don’t get a high paying gig this year. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
    Yes that is correct. The third stimulus is based on 2021 AGI. The govt is writing checks based on 2019 or 2020 numbers but once you file your 2021 return you will see the full stimulus (assuming you don’t make over 150k in 2021 for a married couple)

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Yes that is correct. The third stimulus is based on 2021 AGI. The govt is writing checks based on 2019 or 2020 numbers but once you file your 2021 return you will see the full stimulus (assuming you don’t make over 150k in 2021 for a married couple)
    I haven't seen that anywhere, but if true, that is some help on the other side. I'd rather have the cash now, but I'd also rather have my 17 weeks of unemployment money too, but don't know when that is happening either. lol

Like Pete said, I understood that this 3rd round is based on the last filed taxes. We've already filed for 2020 so I assumed they would use that.

I used mine to pay off the balance of my car loan. I'm seriously concerned about inflation because of all the money printing that has been done so I would like most if not all people use it to pay off debt or just plain old monthly bills.

I could use another stimcheck

Stimulus checks, increased unemployment, when is enough, enough. All I hear is it's free money, why not take it, IF IT'S FROM THE GOVERNMENT, IT'S NOT FREE. Call me old school, but I prefer to work for what need.

Thread Information