Widgets Magazine

Thread: CVS @ SE 15th St & Air Depot Blvd

Mid-Del CVS @ SE 15th St & Air Depot Blvd

I noticed that the CVS at the NW corner of SE 15th St and Air Depot Blvd is up for sale. There are two large CBRE signs that have been erected along each thoroughfare. I wonder if the recent pharmacy merger of Target and CVS brought about the sale? It looks like Walgreen's is the winner of this street fight.

Default Re: CVS @ SE 15th St & Air Depot Blvd

^

It could just be a sale of the property while CVS remains as the tenant.

3. Default Re: CVS @ SE 15th St & Air Depot Blvd

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

It could just be a sale of the property while CVS remains as the tenant.
    That's my guess. Tends to happen with places like this. Just a new owner for the building. Always seems weird to me that places like this just dont build their own place and instead lease it, but i guess it's a way to "get out of dodge" if you want to close the store and not have the liability of the holding.

Sort of wish it wasn't that way because maybe we'd have fewer stores being closed so often around the country if the store had more of a tie to the structure. K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc. Although I consider most of OKC (especially MWC where they are all filled except the recent Penny's closure a couple of months ago...give it a year and something will be there) pretty fortunate in that those big boxers all got filled pretty well. Not true in a lot other parts of the country.

I drove by the former CVS location this weekend. All CVS signage has been stripped from the building. From a distance, I noticed a large, blaze orange sign on the entrance but I was in a rush and did not stop to inspect. This is the first for me to see a CVS close that is located on a heavily traveled intersection.

If it does close for good my guess would be mail prescriptions have gotten big during covid. I know lots of elderly who have switched to mail scripts and e doctor visits. Pre covid that was there big out on the town outings once or twice a week.

This is another huge assumption, I've noticed there is alot less foot traffic at Walgreens and other pharmacies since they started really restricting pain medicines. Seems like I used to have to wait in the drive through or in lines to pickup scripts, but lately I've hit it at the right time and often if I have to wait there may be one or two people in front of me.

There has been a drugstore on the corner since at least the late 70's When we moved to MWC in 1982, it was an Eckerd's Drugstore before CVS bought them out and was in the strip center next to what used to be the theater

I saw few days ago set up the fence Do you know what is it??

Seems they have started to gut the building. Signage up for the company doing the work but nothing as to what its about to become if anything.

It looks to be an Archwell Health location that focuses on geriatrics.

10. Default Re: CVS @ SE 15th St & Air Depot Blvd

They are a membership driven healthcare system. So its not your typical type of doctor visit. Basically, you pay a monthly fee to be a member of their group so they can afford for you to have that 1 hour meeting with your doctor. It's not really a new idea, but it hasn't caught on all that well around here.

Basically, if you can afford it, then you get next-class care. And healthcare is one of those areas that is already more expensive in the US than it should be. So the majority of the population is going to be excluded from being able to even afford this. They apparently have some ability to work with Medicare, but i dont know the inner details there.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    They are a membership driven healthcare system. So its not your typical type of doctor visit. Basically, you pay a monthly fee to be a member of their group so they can afford for you to have that 1 hour meeting with your doctor. It's not really a new idea, but it hasn't caught on all that well around here.

Basically, if you can afford it, then you get next-class care. And healthcare is one of those areas that is already more expensive in the US than it should be. So the majority of the population is going to be excluded from being able to even afford this. They apparently have some ability to work with Medicare, but i dont know the inner details there.
    I think there is a market for concierge medicine on OKC. My buddy uses one in Tulsa. He pays $1500 year but includes physical and a doctor limiting to 150 patients. When we went to Hong Kong several years ago, his Dr prescribed several "just in case meds" and gave him a few shots where as my doctor referred me out to group for international travel which then gave me necessary shots.. I have good doc now and have his cell phone but still not the service my buddy gets.

12. Default Re: CVS @ SE 15th St & Air Depot Blvd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I think there is a market for concierge medicine on OKC. My buddy uses one in Tulsa. He pays $1500 year but includes physical and a doctor limiting to 150 patients.
    I've been an MDVIP member for about 12 years now and if you can afford the membership it's very nice.... Even before Covid I never had to share a waiting room with another patient. I can get in to see the doctor very quickly if the need arises. The membership fee also covers the cost of a lot of the tests for my yearly wellness exam.

13. Default Re: CVS @ SE 15th St & Air Depot Blvd

If you can afford it, then great. My only gripe is that there are so many elderly that live on such a fixed income that they have to choose between food and medicine already. This is a pipe dream for someone like that. I guess one benefit of this platform is that hopefully it pulls enough patients off the regular folks to ease some of the pressure off the system (if it ever really catches on).

before my brother in law retired .. his ortho practice was about 15% Canadians .. he was in southern California

Thread Information