Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

1. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    I have moved all of my biz and most of our personal travel to UA. The experience has far exceeded that of AA and Denver, Houston, and O'Hare have proven to be more than adequate for connections. Just noticed the product for our trip to OGG in November has also been upgraded to Polaris-equipped aircraft (763 out from DEN and 788 back into ORD).
    I wish they would upgrade their aircraft out of OKC. Just today their aircraft on OKC-DEN was 4/5 CRJ-200 and 1/5 ERJ-175. Those CRJ-200 are so bad, and at 4/5 on the route they would literally keep me from booking the one ERJ-175 on the chance that flight got canceled and I was rebooked on one. Ugh. I think Kirby said they were going to stop flying small planes to large cities. I doubt he means OKC, but maybe we can at least get upgraded with the recent order over the next few years. United has too good a network outside of OKC not to use them.

Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

200’s will be receiving a sizable fleet reduction in the next 2 years. It is absurd we fly them to medium sized cities.
    I worked a 700 today to OKC. Those aren’t as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    200’s will be receiving a sizable fleet reduction in the next 2 years. It is absurd we fly them to medium sized cities.
    I worked a 700 today to OKC. Those aren’t as bad.
    I’d fly United a lot more but everything seems to be on a 200 whereas America is flying 900s and 175s. American all day I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I’d fly United a lot more but everything seems to be on a 200 whereas America is flying 900s and 175s. American all day I guess.
    I don't blame you. they suck. They are only barely tolerable for short flights.

I suspect once United gets some of these larger airplanes on property, A319 routes can be upgraded to MAX, E75 routes can be upgraded to A319/320, and CRJ routes can upgrade to E75.

5. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    We haven't started flying as much post-Covid yet, but just took a trip on AA. Our upcoming trip is also on AA mainly because of plane type. I have some vouchers to use on DL, though. Trying to figure out where we want to go-- maybe the Utah mountains through SLC (where Delta flies good RJs, not 200s). We have a trip coming up to Denver but we are driving because of of SW's lack of first or extra legroom seats, UA's plane types, and Frontier's lack of options.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    We haven't started flying as much post-Covid yet, but just took a trip on AA. Our upcoming trip is also on AA mainly because of plane type. I have some vouchers to use on DL, though. Trying to figure out where we want to go-- maybe the Utah mountains through SLC (where Delta flies good RJs, not 200s). We have a trip coming up to Denver but we are driving because of of SW's lack of first or extra legroom seats, UA's plane types, and Frontier's lack of options.
    Is this really something you consider? OKC will never really have the larger planes coming to it, since it is in the middle of the country, and not a hub.

No one is expecting to fly a 787 or anything out of OKC, but if prices are similar I would absolutely book literally any plane other than a CRJ. I hope we see more A220s our way.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    No one is expecting to fly a 787 or anything out of OKC, but if prices are similar I would absolutely book literally any plane other than a CRJ. I hope we see more A220s our way.
    Same here. I 100% have made decisions based on the plane type.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Is this really something you consider? OKC will never really have the larger planes coming to it, since it is in the middle of the country, and not a hub.
    i do not fly CRJ-200s. You're basically a sardine in there. In the summer, the AC has 0 chance of keeping up as well.

10. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I consider it on every single trip I book. Within reason, the experience is more important to me than price. I avoid planes where we can't get at least extra-room coach, and will often choose first if the price is reasonable (and flying to the coast or overseas). We will also purposely connect in DFW when flying some place on AA not non-stop for better equipment. So yes, we are driving to Colorado because UA isn't flying decent planes between DEN and OKC right now. Our SUV will make that more comfortable and we won't have to deal with renting an SUV in DEN during the rental car shortage so that's a bonus. But if those CRJ-200s were to magically become CRJ-700s and A320s we would strongly reconsider our decision to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Same here. I 100% have made decisions based on the plane type.
    Same.

I consider it on every single trip I book. Within reason, the experience is more important to me than price. I avoid planes where we can't get at least extra-room coach, and will often choose first if the price is reasonable (and flying to the coast or overseas). We will also purposely connect in DFW when flying some place on AA not non-stop for better equipment. So yes, we are driving to Colorado because UA isn't flying decent planes between DEN and OKC right now. Our SUV will make that more comfortable and we won't have to deal with renting an SUV in DEN during the rental car shortage so that's a bonus. But if those CRJ-200s were to magically become CRJ-700s and A320s we would strongly reconsider our decision to drive.
    Eh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210705-172352~2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	16940  

There does appear to be some relief ahead as the August schedule shows 2x E175, 1x CR7, and 2x CR2 for UA to DEN. That's a little better.

I love you

Just a question for those who know. Doesn't equipment type (size) depend on loads (demand)? If so, passenger demand drives equipment size, no?

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Just a question for those who know. Doesn't equipment type (size) depend on loads (demand)? If so, passenger demand drives equipment size, no?
    Yes and no. Catch22 can explain better, but demand, flight banking, and the range of the aircraft all play into it...

Flying a CRJ-200 tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers.

We all seem to have opinions of the CRJ-200. I must be in the minority with 'em. I mean, I don't pick my flight schedule around them, but, if it fits the best time schedule for me, then I will fly them.

And ,when it comes to routes, if the option is a CRJ-200 or no flight at all, then I'll take the -200.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    I have moved all of my biz and most of our personal travel to UA. The experience has far exceeded that of AA and Denver, Houston, and O'Hare have proven to be more than adequate for connections. Just noticed the product for our trip to OGG in November has also been upgraded to Polaris-equipped aircraft (763 out from DEN and 788 back into ORD).
    I'm seriously considering doing the same! Glad there are others. I'm just tired of continuing to give money to a company that is actively trying to make their customers' experience worse and worse. I would've loved to switch to DL but their network is just so limited out of OKC (have they even resumed OKC-DTW yet?). But I think it's time we tried something else. Have had it with AA and Dougie.

20. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    We all seem to have opinions of the CRJ-200. I must be in the minority with 'em. I mean, I don't pick my flight schedule around them, but, if it fits the best time schedule for me, then I will fly them.

And ,when it comes to routes, if the option is a CRJ-200 or no flight at all, then I'll take the -200.
    Same here. I am usually able to snag 1A/1B, and even at 6'1, I'm not overly cramped for the short flight from DEN-OKC or vice versa.

I am wishing for a direct flight to JFK. JFK has the most partner airlines flights going to Europe. Flying on partner airlines is a lot of fun.

Hopefully United returns its direct flight to SFO soon. Again, there are a lot of partner airline flights from SFO to Asia.

22. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PistolChad View Post
    I am wishing for a direct flight to JFK. JFK has the most partner airlines flights going to Europe. Flying on partner airlines is a lot of fun.

Hopefully United returns its direct flight to SFO soon. Again, there are a lot of partner airline flights from SFO to Asia.
    SFO nonstop is back on the schedule for the fall -- not sure exactly of the start date.

Looks like United has upgauged the SFO-OKC route

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UA.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	16951

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Looks like United has upgauged the SFO-OKC route

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UA.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	16951
    Whoa is that a typo or did they really run a 777 on this route?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Whoa is that a typo or did they really run a 777 on this route?
    It’s headed back out to Riverside, a charter probably. No idea what for.

Thread Information