Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bandee's BBQ

Far North Bandee's BBQ

Two-story BBQ restaurant and live music space to open at Chisholm Creek

Provision Concepts, proprietors of Broadway 10 Bar & Chophouse, Hatch Early Mood Food, Sidecar Barley & Wine Bar, Birra Birra Craft Pizzeria, Bibi's Ice Cream, and Chicken Foot continue to grow their footprint with an ambitious new restaurant and entertainment venue: Bandee's BBQ.

Bandee's will transform the former 2-story Republic Gastropub space in Tract 30 in the Chisholm Creek development on Memorial Road between Western and Penn.

Experienced with live music at the popular Sidecar also in Tract 30, owners Aaron Soward and Jeff Dixon will install a large stage upstairs and a smaller version on the main level for live music performances. The upstairs setting will include an extensive house sound and lighting system.

Overhead doors on the ground floor will open to a large mostly covered patio area with heaters that will provide ample seating amid extensive landscaping.

A dedicated ToGo transaction counter will facilitate curbside pickup and delivery.

Jeff Dixon told OKCTalk, “There isn't enough room in the existing kitchen to do barbeque right so we are building an exterior smokehouse just north of the parking garage. We have three one thousand gallon offset smokers being built right now as well as two rotisseries. Nothing beats prime brisket cooked slow and low all day with real wood.”

Bandee's hopes to open in May.

Renderings provided by Gardner Architects.

Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

very cool

Does anyone REALLY like their food? I've tried all but Chickin Foot and I'm not a big enough fan to return to any for a second visit. That said, this looks legit and I'm sure it'll kill it.

Finally, a BBQ place that doesn't look like a barn inside, and has real music and a real bar.

No offense to Iron Starr, I love that place, but it's not exactly a rippin' bar.

You dont think the food at Broadway10, Hatch are good?! Just curious, where do you eat? These are some of the best restaurants in the metro. Birra Birra and Chicken foot are both solid, not amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Does anyone REALLY like their food? I've tried all but Chickin Foot and I'm not a big enough fan to return to any for a second visit. That said, this looks legit and I'm sure it'll kill it.
    B10, but that's it. I thought chicken foot was good if you didn't want to drive out to Okarche. Similar style.

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    You dont think the food at Broadway10, Hatch are good?! Just curious, where do you eat? These are some of the best restaurants in the metro. Birra Birra and Chicken foot are both solid, not amazing.
    The food is mediocre at B10. There are some good items and then some underwhelming items. I've quit going.

This is amazing! The to-go spot isn’t taking over Jerky store is it?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    The food is mediocre at B10. There are some good items and then some underwhelming items. I've quit going.
    I think Broadway 10 is pretty good. It’s not on the level of the ranch or mahogany for me, but it blows away redprime and Mickey mantles.

I’ve never been to sidecar, but I will agree with Thunderbird on their other concepts. Other than hatch, they were all pretty average in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    No, it will go in where Republic used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    No, Jerky.com is just north of the To Go entrance (the beige space in the rendering).

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    I donÂ’t hate any of them, I just donÂ’t think they are very good at food. They are great at design and location selection, which perhaps is more important these days.

We eat out most meals and as most people commenting on restaurants in message boards, have strong opinions. Our favorites in no order are Iguana, Ranch, Osteria, Frida, Jonnies (I know, I know), Clark crew, Chae RIP, 501 and I mix in a lot of coolgreens and Zoe’s so I don’t die before 40. 🤣

I donÂ’t hate any of them, I just donÂ’t think they are very good at food. They are great at design and location selection, which perhaps is more important these days.

We eat out most meals and as most people commenting on restaurants in message boards, have strong opinions. Our favorites in no order are Iguana, Ranch, Osteria, Frida, Jonnies (I know, I know), Clark crew, Chae RIP, 501 and I mix in a lot of coolgreens and Zoe’s so I don’t die before 40. 🤣
    I don't think Chae is closed, they just posted on FB a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I don't think Chae is closed, they just posted on FB a few days ago.
    The original closed on 23rd; the new one on Western is quite a different animal but good in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The original closed on 23rd; the new one on Western is quite a different animal but good in its own way.
    Well, yeah, but it's been on Western for years, seems like the grieving period should be over, especially since it's been semi-resurrected.

Don't tell me how long I can grieve! I feel like I can get another year on it

The one on western has some good things but if nobody told me I wouldn't know it was in anyway related to the place Danny ran on his on off 23rd.

Don't tell me how long I can grieve! I feel like I can get another year on it

The one on western has some good things but if nobody told me I wouldn't know it was in anyway related to the place Danny ran on his on off 23rd.
    There are all those stages of grieving to get through.... We never made it to his old place, but I thought a bunch of that menu made it over to the new place, but maybe not, guess it's good we're ignorant in this case, we really like a lot of the stuff at the Western location.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    There are all those stages of grieving to get through.... We never made it to his old place, but I thought a bunch of that menu made it over to the new place, but maybe not, guess it's good we're ignorant in this case, we really like a lot of the stuff at the Western location.
    Before we’re back to Brandee’s, Chae was insanely good.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Before we’re back to Brandee’s, Chae was insanely good.
    The original proprietor, Daniel Chae, moved to California and has had almost nothing to do with the new place.

The original proprietor, Daniel Chae, moved to California and has had almost nothing to do with the new place.
    Weird, we saw him in the Western location almost every time we went (at least 6-7 times), and he ran for County Treasurer a year or so ago. We haven't been there in a while, though, so don't know the current status of where he is now.

HangryHippo Guest

I’ve not been to the new place, but I miss the hell out of the old one.

Didn’t he run for office? Why’d he move?

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Didn’t he run for office? Why’d he move?
    Daniel ran for OK County Treasurer and lost a relatively close election in 2018 as a Democrat running against an incumbent Republican.

Daniel got a great job opportunity in L.A. and moved out there shortly thereafter. OKC lost a great one there, as he is super sharp and returned to Oklahoma after being very accomplished elsewhere before making the decision to move on once again. Also, one of the nicest guys ever.

Daniel ran for OK County Treasurer and lost a relatively close election in 2018 as a Democrat running against an incumbent Republican.

Daniel got a great job opportunity in L.A. and moved out there shortly thereafter. OKC lost a great one there, as he is super sharp and returned to Oklahoma after being very accomplished elsewhere before making the decision to move on once again. Also, one of the nicest guys ever.
    That jibes with our timeline of the last time we were there and saw him last, good to know, thanks, once we get the vaccine we'll have to go by and see if the food or quality has changed.

Moving along. They hope to be open by the end of July.

Thread Information