Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bandee's BBQ

Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

I'm not sure I would call Clark Crew average when there are so many bad places, but I get that once you fall in love with one place everything else would be mediocre in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    I've tried both, even gave them more than 1 try. Average at best!
    Thanks for letting me know to never, ever listen to your culinary recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    I've personally given up on finding good BBQ locally, when the craving hits, I make the drive to Wild Horse Mountain BBQ in Sallisaw
    my suggestion would be Jo-bawbs or Kings custom meats. Both are great. the best outside of butcher bbq stand in my opinion. I personally didn't think clark crew was that great. I gave it a try but was not impressed. Maybe I should again but it feels like Clark crew is trying to do too much. Burgers, Steaks, Pizza, Salads AND bbq. most of the best BBQ places have BBQ and basically nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    my suggestion would be Jo-bawbs or Kings custom meats. Both are great. the best outside of butcher bbq stand in my opinion. I personally didn't think clark crew was that great. I gave it a try but was not impressed. Maybe I should again but it feels like Clark crew is trying to do too much. Burgers, Steaks, Pizza, Salads AND bbq. most of the best BBQ places have BBQ and basically nothing else.
    i think it matters what you get and your personal tests at Clark Crew. his BBQ is Competition styles. so i don't care for the brisket there at all, but i love South Texas style brisket, and that isn't what he makes. it's just not for me. But they make some of the best pulled pork I have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i think it matters what you get and your personal tests at Clark Crew. his BBQ is Competition styles. so i don't care for the brisket there at all, but i love South Texas style brisket, and that isn't what he makes. it's just not for me. But they make some of the best pulled pork I have ever had.
    I legit got a little of all the basics. I got a sausage, pulled pork, ribs, brisket and I wasn't that impressed. I will say I went only a few weeks after it first opened and should probably give it another try. But Kings and Jo-bawbs are both so good it's hard to venture away to give Clark crew another shot.

What do you get at King's? I have tried their food three times and always came away unimpressed. I want to like it cause it's two miles from my house, but it was on the level or Earl's the three times I have tried it...

I legit got a little of all the basics. I got a sausage, pulled pork, ribs, brisket and I wasn't that impressed. I will say I went only a few weeks after it first opened and should probably give it another try. But Kings and Jo-bawbs are both so good it's hard to venture away to give Clark crew another shot.
    I did the same thing and I kept hearing about the burnt ends, which I tried and didn't love. That was a month after they opened. I have tried it since then and enjoyed it. Might have just been a bad BBQ day or not a good cut of meat.

i need to try kings. i do love jo-bawbs

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I did the same thing and I kept hearing about the burnt ends, which I tried and didn't love. That was a month after they opened. I have tried it since then and enjoyed it. Might have just been a bad BBQ day or not a good cut of meat.
    I will offer that the burnt ends at Clark Crew are much better naked, in my opinion. I really like them there. That, and the cornbread.

What do you get at King's? I have tried their food three times and always came away unimpressed. I want to like it cause it's two miles from my house, but it was on the level or Earl's the three times I have tried it...
    I get burnt ends or ribs. Also the okra has some seasoning on it that's crazy good too.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I will offer that the burnt ends at Clark Crew are much better naked, in my opinion. I really like them there. That, and the cornbread.
    The cornbread is second to none...

Yeah, I have, at times, ordered trays of cornbread from them before, nothing else, just cornbread. Terrific addition to a backyard bbq. Or anything, really.

I will say the cornbread was fire. Even when I wasn't impressed with the rest the cornbread was great.

14. Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Thanks for letting me know to never, ever listen to your culinary recommendations.
    True story!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    True story!
    Truly my honor

Thread Information