Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bandee's BBQ

Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I knew they’d had at least one concept fail. Have their been any others?
    They lost Iron Starr in Norman, Market-C & Pops who they were running for Aubrey at the time all at once back in 2010. I would venture to guess that the Pop's money at the time was keeping the others from going under. I don't think they lost anything else until that Republic failed but I could be wrong.

Default Re: Restaurant closings

The only thing I was surprised about on Bandee's is the fact they opened it in the first place. I don't think people really questioned it because it's Provision Concepts but this was a very very risky move that IMO didn't have much of a chance. That Republic struggled for awhile there, should have been a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    The only thing I was surprised about on Bandee's is the fact they opened it in the first place. I don't think people really questioned it because it's Provision Concepts but this was a very very risky move that IMO didn't have much of a chance. That Republic struggled for awhile there, should have been a clue.
    Plenty of restaurants succeed where others have failed.

Chicken Foot in this same complex has been doing great business in the space of the failed Hopdoddy. Riserva took over for Chicken Salad Chick.

Both are in Chisholm Creek and operated by Provision Concepts. The difference is that Bandee's space is just too big, especially at Chisholm rental rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Plenty of restaurants succeed where others have failed.

Chicken Foot in this same complex has been doing great business in the space of the failed Hopdoddy. Riserva took over for Chicken Salad Chick.

Both are in Chisholm Creek and operated by Provision Concepts. The difference is that Bandee's space is just too big, especially at Chisholm rental rates.
    Finally got the chance to visit Riserva. There were some very good items and some meh items but I don't see it lasting long once the shine wears off. It's preciously expensive yet fails to pull off anything resembling a tapas establishment.

Looking forward to trying out Ramsay's Kitchen.

The food was…lacking.

BBQ is tricky too and the food cost is very high to go along with everything else. All restaurants are tough with slim margins but particularly BBQ. You can't just throw up something trendy and expect it so be a success.

7. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I'm not surprised they OPENED, since Sidecar has been there a long time and seems pretty successful. I'm surprised that they didn't wait until the apartments were finished to open.

Chisholm Creek will be rocking and rolling once the residential developments are finished. Bandee's is a cool place to go listen to music, have a cold beer, and eat some decent bar food. Something else just like it will take its place, but success for the next proprietor will be easier the more apartments are built in Chisholm Creek.

Eddie’s is opening up another location in the previous Bandee’s BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Third time is the charm hopefully for this location. I think Bandee's was just overpriced and wasn't anything spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Third time is the charm hopefully for this location. I think Bandee's was just overpriced and wasn't anything spectacular.
    Bandee's was close to the most expensive BBQ in the Metro and was probably 30th in quality.

11. Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

BBQ is tricky too and the food cost is very high to go along with everything else. All restaurants are tough with slim margins but particularly BBQ. You can't just throw up something trendy and expect it so be a success.
    I don't think BBQ lends itself to "trendy" locations. BBQ is best in an old converted building with wooden tables, a gravel parking lot, a separate smokehouse and picnic tables in the back with light strands shining under trees growing toward the creek in the back of the building. There should be old beer signs and a walkup window for carryput orders.

12. Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I don't think BBQ lends itself to "trendy" locations.
    While I won't disagree that some of the best BBQ I've eaten (Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX) fit your description.... There are plenty of "trendy" BBQ places that do quite well.... Locally Clark Crew, Iron Star(r) and, Back Door, while no longer in business, had a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    While I won't disagree that some of the best BBQ I've eaten (Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX) fit your description.... There are plenty of "trendy" BBQ places that do quite well.... Locally Clark Crew, Iron Star(r) and, Back Door, while no longer in business, had a good run.
    Are you saying Clark Crew is no longer in business?

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Are you saying Clark Crew is no longer in business?
    I think they're referring to Back Door, which is no longer in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I always forget about Iron Star, and it's been excellent every time I've visited. I need to hit it up more often.

16. Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I think they're referring to Back Door, which is no longer in business.
    Correct... I won't claim punctuation and grammar to be me strong points... I write like I talk and sometimes it's a jumbled stream of consciousness.

I've personally given up on finding good BBQ locally, when the craving hits, I make the drive to Wild Horse Mountain BBQ in Sallisaw

Clark Crew and Edge Craft is objectively good BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Dearborn View Post
    Clark Crew and Edge Craft is objectively good BBQ.
    well said. as for Bandee's -- it was objectively some of the worst barbeque in the metro and yet it was facing some of the market's steepest face rents. the math was never going to work on that type of concept.

The same Eddie's that has a location at 2nd and Coltrane in Edmond?

I also heard this but saw the space go up for Sub-Lease yesterday. Humm..

22. Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    I've personally given up on finding good BBQ locally, when the craving hits, I make the drive to Wild Horse Mountain BBQ in Sallisaw
    You must not have eaten at Clark Crew or Edge Craft.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    I also heard this but saw the space go up for Sub-Lease yesterday. Humm..
    Thats Yokozuna who is looking to sublease its space.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    or Joe Bawbs.

There are plenty of good bbq places in and around OKC, and for all levels of discernment.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I've tried both, even gave them more than 1 try. Average at best!

Thread Information