Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bandee's BBQ

Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    It’s a balancing act for sure. The face rents at Chisholm Creek aren’t exactly an easy lift, especially for low-margin businesses like restaurants.
    This is a provision concepts restaurant. They have been pretty successful with Hatch, Broadway 10, SideCar, Chicken Foot and Birra Birra. They will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    This is a provision concepts restaurant. They have been pretty successful with Hatch, Broadway 10, SideCar, Chicken Foot and Birra Birra. They will figure it out.
    IMHO, Clint Black is the Tom Petty of country music.

I'd have to imagine being the majority tenant of CC in general that Provisions get a deal in regards to rent over there.

I really have only recently been getting into BBQ and haven't been to too many places yet, so I might catch some sh*t saying this from the more seasoned BBQ eaters on this board, but the Burnt Ends plate here is probably the best BBQ I've had to date. I went around 3 after smoking a nice stick at Rocky Patel and this is a really nice area. I've been going to Sidecar and it stays pretty busy every night.

My only complaint with this facility is the barstools were unconfortable.

5. Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I really have only recently been getting into BBQ and haven't been to too many places yet, so I might catch some sh*t saying this from the more seasoned BBQ eaters on this board, but the Burnt Ends plate here is probably the best BBQ I've had to date.
    We all had to start somewhere.... I remember before I started blogging, and became a KCBS judge, I thought Earl's was some stellar BBQ..... Now after a few thousand miles of chasing BBQ around the country..... Well let's just say I haven't been back to Earl's in years.

But I always said on my blog that BBQ is one of the most subjective foods on the planet. Just because I like it doesn't mean you will.... So get out and try new places and find what you like because there are a lot of variations of BBQ out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    but the Burnt Ends plate here is probably the best BBQ I've had to date.
    i was there last week. and i have to say that in my extremely large order of wanting to try a bit of everything (and it gave me enough to have lunch and dinner left overs for 4 days), i have to say that the Burnt Ends were really really good, and the best thing on the menu here. all and all, i felt that most of the other food was good, certainly better than what most people though of BBQ in oklahoma. but i wouldn't say great. but the burnt ends were certainly a star

My only complaint with this facility is the barstools were unconfortable.
    also glad i wasn't the only one with this issue with the barstools.

Bandees BBQ announces its last day of operation to be 9/24/2023.

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Bandees BBQ closing on 9/24/2023.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Been a long time coming.

That space is really, really tough. Way too big and the 2-level design is a big challenge.... Especially at Chisholm Creek rents. It doomed Republic as well, the original tenant.

I bet the 2nd level is converted to office space and then the first level could still work as a restaurant/bar.

Not surprising at all. A beautiful space, of course, but every other aspect of the operation was executed well below the market standard.

That's a bummer. Always smelled delicious, and seemed fairly busy given the location at Chisholm Creek.

This news surprises me. They have always appeared to host a lot of events and were pretty well featured in a lot of posts I see on social media. I've never been, admittedly. Wonder what they'll do with the big guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Not surprising at all. A beautiful space, of course, but every other aspect of the operation was executed well below the market standard.
    I was just saying in the closings thread it surprised me, only because they seem to be featured in a lot of stuff I see on social media, and they seemed to host a lot of events. I had no idea they weren't doing very well.

I agree with you Pete, about the 2 story setting. It was weird when I visited Republic.

That doesn't surprise me, what baffled me was why they opened this concept in the first place and who gave these operators the money to waste like this. I saw so many times, new guys took a place left by the previous tenants, spent tons of money renovating it even though the concept was questionable, business failed, next guys come in, and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    This news surprises me. They have always appeared to host a lot of events and were pretty well featured in a lot of posts I see on social media. I've never been, admittedly. Wonder what they'll do with the big guitar?
    Maybe the guitar not spinning anymore was a sign?

I went once, thought they were overpriced for what they offered. They had the special events, but they didn't really do the core business that great.

The corner just doesn't do that great. Maybe if the space was smaller, someone could do better.

I will take some heat on this comment, but I do think parking is somewhat of an issue when Fuzzy's and Hatch out competes you for parking spaces. There is an advantage towards being more in the middle of the parking strip. Yes, there is a plenty of parking in the garage, however, when there is only one building in Chisholm Creek that is setup like this, it becomes an issue. When given an opportunity, humans will chose the lazy path. Its difficult to give up the car culture in suburbs.

Damn....we had the back room reserved for out christmas party. Guess we will be looking

it was way too expensive for the quality of BBQ that you got. i tried it a few times, and there were a couple of "okay" items, but i could get way better BBQ elsewhere for a much much cheaper price. I don't mind paying a high price for great BBQ, but i did have an issue paying a high price for just meh BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    it was way too expensive for the quality of BBQ that you got. i tried it a few times, and there were a couple of "okay" items, but i could get way better BBQ elsewhere for a much much cheaper price. I don't mind paying a high price for great BBQ, but i did have an issue paying a high price for just meh BBQ
    I agree with your statement. We went twice and thought the same.

I was never impressed with the Bandee's menu and never gave it a shot. We also did not like the staircase at Republic.

20. Default Re: Bandee's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I was just saying in the closings thread it surprised me, only because they seem to be featured in a lot of stuff I see on social media, and they seemed to host a lot of events. I had no idea they weren't doing very well.

I agree with you Pete, about the 2 story setting. It was weird when I visited Republic.
    Fake it til you make it. I am also not surprised. Hopefully that silly pink guitar will come down asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Fake it til you make it. I am also not surprised. Hopefully that silly pink guitar will come down asap.
    From the feedback I've seen here, now it seems like they lasted a lot longer than they should have!

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    That doesn't surprise me, what baffled me was why they opened this concept in the first place and who gave these operators the money to waste like this. I saw so many times, new guys took a place left by the previous tenants, spent tons of money renovating it even though the concept was questionable, business failed, next guys come in, and repeat.
    I mean it’s operated by Provision Concepts who have a pretty stellar track record as did good egg with republic before them, I’m not sure why anyone would question their ability to run a restaurant and/or who or why someone would finance this or any other concept created by either of those groups. It just didn’t hit and I think it might be the first of their concepts to fail. It was probably very close to Good Egg’s first concept to fail as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I mean it’s operated by Provision Concepts who have a pretty stellar track record as did good egg with republic before them, I’m not sure why anyone would question their ability to run a restaurant and/or who or why someone would finance this or any other concept created by either of those groups. It just didn’t hit and I think it might be the first of their concepts to fail. It was probably very close to Good Egg’s first concept to fail as well.
    Iron Star in Campus Corner?

We have been several times and thought it was okay. Used the north room for a club meeting a couple three times and always drew over 30 people. And that is a group that isn't afraid to share their opinion early and often. Food and set up were always good enough. Service and ancillary issues were always inept and self-inflicted wounds. Things like never putting a shade or screen on the windows that blast straight into the meeting room from 7 to 8 PM; not turning down the music in the meeting room; goofy coordination of taking orders and serving. Yet, people always showed up for the next meeting we would have there.

Wife and I will be sure and go at least once more before they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Iron Star in Campus Corner?
    I knew they’d had at least one concept fail. Have their been any others?

Thread Information