Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

1. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I received my first Pfizer shot on Saturday, with initial symptoms just being arm soreness Sunday morning. As the day progressed, I had chills followed by high temps and night sweats. Feeling much better today, but the soreness is still lingering and have a head fog. I had COVID back in August and some research I've read (albeit there's conflicting information out there) has said the reactions may be stronger for people who have already had the virus. I'm hoping this isn't a bad sign for how I will react to the second dose.

2. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I received my first Pfizer shot on Saturday, with initial symptoms just being arm soreness Sunday morning. As the day progressed, I had chills followed by high temps and night sweats. Feeling much better today, but the soreness is still lingering and have a head fog. I had COVID back in August and some research I've read (albeit there's conflicting information out there) has said the reactions may be stronger for people who have already had the virus. I'm hoping this isn't a bad sign for how I will react to the second dose.
    I'm thinking that maybe the first dose for those of us that already had the virus might be like the second dose for those that haven't. And that our second dose will be like a third dose and our systems are getting use to it by now. Or I might be way off. My wife will know next week and I'll know the week after.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Anecdotally I have had family members who have had COVID and not with varying post vaccine symptoms. Most haven't had anything but a sore arm.

Announcing when Phase 3 starts today at 3pm.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Anecdotally I have had family members who have had COVID and not with varying post vaccine symptoms. Most haven't had anything but a sore arm.

Announcing when Phase 3 starts today at 3pm.
    With my wife and I post vaccine symptoms followed the same mode as virus symptoms as far as severity. My virus symptoms were quite a bit worse than hers. Post vaccine I was exhausted and had an off and on headache for a day. And the runs for a few days. Plus the sore, swollen arm. All she had was a sore arm.

5. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

PHASE 3 OPENS TOMORROW!

Get your appointments people!

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Heck yes us university folk can finally get covered. Gonna tell all my students to sign up ASAP.

I'm eligible for phase 3 vaccination but my wife is phase 4. Will she be able to get them at the same time as me? I have heard that spouses are eligible to get them in this scenario. Is that true?

I'm sure you all get this question a lot. Where can you go to find appointments for vaccines?

If you filled out the questionnaire, you will get an email from the portal once you are eligible with a link.

This site is also extremely helpful, It is what I am going to start watching like a hawk tomorrow morning.

https://www.vaccine-alerts.com/

11. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwiseone View Post
    This site is also extremely helpful, It is what I am going to start watching like a hawk tomorrow morning.

Sign up for email and/or text alerts on that website. You will get tired of the constant notifications of openings. No more searching or waiting. I searched for a few days and after signing up on there I had appointments for my wife and I in way less than an hour.

12. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

And if you can spare some money after getting an appointment Josh's GoFundMe is on that page. The site is not sponsored by OSDH and is being paid out of the pocket of the developer.

13. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

If you sign up for alerts you no longer have to watch. They come to you.

14. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    And if you can spare some money after getting an appointment Josh's GoFundMe is on that page. The site is not sponsored by OSDH and is being paid out of the pocket of the developer.
    I didn't see that on there. I'll definitely donate. That site is AMAZING!

Got my vaccine through the Chickasaw Nation this morning as the spouse of a teacher (naturally one day before they announce I'd have been eligible more generally, lol). It required a trip to Ada, but it was an amazingly efficient and smooth process. So far just soreness at the injection site and some weird tenderness over my body, but I can't tell if I'm just overanalyzing everything at this point. So relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Got my vaccine through the Chickasaw Nation this morning as the spouse of a teacher (naturally one day before they announce I'd have been eligible more generally, lol). It required a trip to Ada, but it was an amazingly efficient and smooth process. So far just soreness at the injection site and some weird tenderness over my body, but I can't tell if I'm just overanalyzing everything at this point. So relieved.
    See, that's what I'm asking about. Are spouses eligible if their partner is in a phase that's active? Seems like in some cases they are and in other cases, they aren't. Calling around okc, and it's pretty cut and dry: No.

Tons of available appointments MWC on Wednesday currently.
    Vaxokc.com for sign up

18. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Booked my appointment for this Thursday in Shawnee!

Booked my appointment in Edmond on Wednesday. It was weird because the website said phase 2 and 3 eligible, but the confirmation email only said phase 2. Even the option I selected for the sign up said phase 2 and 3. Not going to worry about it too much. Now we just need to get my wife a shot.

I actually feel kinda bad about for the late phase 2 people that were approved this morning. They kinda got screwed with the phase 3 announcement today.

Posted in the general COVID thread several months back that I'd basically resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to drive down to the DFW Metroplex if I wanted to get the vaccine at the earliest time that it's being distributed to the general public, as I had zero confidence that Oklahoma was going to be prepared to distribute it efficiently. Will gladly eat my words on that as I now have an appointment at Mercy on Wednesday Afternoon to get my first dose. Congrats to everyone involved with the rollout here on an extremely efficient process.

The Chickasaw Nation made the vaccine available to educators, including higher education, which Texas has not yet done. My county in Texas was included. I drove up to Tishomingo and got my 1st shot of the Moderna Vaccine today. Very grateful to the Chickasaw Nation and working on how I might pay the favor back.

OKLAHOMA CITY — Starting Tuesday, the state will expand its COVID-19 vaccine access to another 2.5 million Oklahomans, including those who work in critical infrastructure jobs, as well as college students, faculty and staff.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/th...nt=read%20more

Just curious, like Friday they were saying by April for phase 3 then the sudden announcement today. Did we get more vaccine then expected or what prompted the shift. Do we know. I’m excited that it happened. Basically practically anyone can get it. And there seems to be many available appointments within 7 days. Might not be able to get it same or next day, but if you look you can probably schedule within 7 days without going out of your way.
    I’m glad Oklahoma did something right and hope the negative people can actually give credit to Oklahoma for once.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Just curious, like Friday they were saying by April for phase 3 then the sudden announcement today. Did we get more vaccine then expected or what prompted the shift. Do we know. I’m excited that it happened. Basically practically anyone can get it. And there seems to be many available appointments within 7 days. Might not be able to get it same or next day, but if you look you can probably schedule within 7 days without going out of your way.
    I’m glad Oklahoma did something right and hope the negative people can actually give credit to Oklahoma for once.
    I'm just speculating, but I think it's probably a combination of two things:

1) The state is probably starting to run into issues with supply outstripping demand. There's over 5,000 open appointments on vaccine-alerts.com right now. Anecdotally, I have a friend in Phase Two who went to an OSDH-run site in Seminole to get vaccinated over the weekend, who said they made no effort to verify that she actually had the comorbidity that made her eligible.

2) The people who are in charge of the vaccination program here seem to be prioritizing getting as many shots into arms as quickly as possible, without as much concern for getting things done in a perfect order from highest risk to lowest risk.

Thread Information