Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Blog Entries

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Got the first Moderna 01/14, and only a sore arm the next day, second shot 02/11, that evening and next day a bit like a flu vaccination, a bit of unease and sore arm, but never really felt ‘sick’. 70 years old. Some friends (not sure which vaccine) had some fevers and chills next day, but recovered quickly.

Blog Entries

I have gotten both shots of Moderna. No reaction on first. Mildly sore upper arm on second which lasted a few hours.

Got my first dose of Pfizer on 2/9 only my arm that was poked was sore. Just got my second dose yesterday and both of my arms were sore and still are a little bit, but nothing that needs pain medication.

I received my first Moderna four weeks ago today, little soreness for less than 24 hours, now you folks have me concerned about my second vaccine which I will receive at 9:05 tomorrow morning.
    C. T.
    p.s. I'm not really concerned, any side effect is better than the alternative, catching the disease!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    I received my first Moderna four weeks ago today, little soreness for less than 24 hours, now you folks have me concerned about my second vaccine which I will receive at 9:05 tomorrow morning.
    C. T.
    p.s. I'm not really concerned, any side effect is better than the alternative, catching the disease!
    The person who gave me my second shot said I can take a standard dose of Tylenol immediately after receiving the injection to limit side effects. I didnt because I assumed it would be similar to the first shot but slightly more intense. In retrospect, I wish I had loaded up the Tylenol at the same time. Something to consider.

32 hours in for me and my headache and body aches are gone. Just down to a slightly sore arm. Hours 12-20 were the worst for me. Based on how things are trending tomorrow afternoon I should feel 100%.

Good luck and congrats on the vaccine!

Catch22,
    Almost 12 hours and no signs of any side effects. Not even soreness in my arm. I'm sure things are on the way, but not at this point. I will post any changes.
    C. T.
    p.s. I told several of my friends that I'm now fully protected from STD's so it's party time for me!

7. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Catch22,
    Almost 12 hours and no signs of any side effects. Not even soreness in my arm. I'm sure things are on the way, but not at this point. I will post any changes.
    C. T.
    p.s. I told several of my friends that I'm now fully protected from STD's so it's party time for me!
    Hopefully not. I know an about equal number of people that had symptoms and had no symptoms at all after either shot.

Time to dust off that box of Twister hiding in the closet!

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Time to dust off that box of Twister hiding in the closet!
    Has anyone had any luck getting shots at sams club? Which brand do they have. I’m sure it varies

What is the story with Johnson & Johnson in the state. First I hear it was supposed to be here last Tuesday but haven't heard a word about it.

Nevermind News 9 said it was here on Wednesday and said shots are already being given. However that is all they said. Not where they are being given or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Nevermind News 9 said it was here on Wednesday and said shots are already being given. However that is all they said. Not where they are being given or anything like that.
    I'd guess they're being given in the arm like other vaccines

13. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    I'd guess they're being given in the arm like other vaccines
    Good one!
    It doesn't matter. Get whatever you can get as soon as you can get it!

All of the J&J vaccines are in the eastern part of the state right now. There's a great group on Facebook with nearly 8k people called Vaccinate Our State: Helping Okies One Shot at a Time that has lots of detailed information. One of their big things is helping people book appointments. So far they've signed up 1500 people for a vaccine.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vaccinateok2021/

They appear to be on the eastern part of the state, but here is a list of locations showing up in the portal with Johnson & Johnson or Janssen
    -McAlester
    -Eufaula (McIntosh County)
    -Checotah (McIntosh County)
    -Muskogee
    -Tahlequah (Cherokee County)
    -Sallisaw (Sequoyah County)
    -Stillwell (Adair County)
    -Okemah (Okfuskee County)
    -Okmulgee
    Sooner Pharmacy in Norman is also trying to gauge interest in the J&J vaccine, so please visit their page and connect with them if you're interested.
    United Discount Pharmacy in OKC will soon have some as well. Visit their page for details.

Thank you midtownerokc. I was wondering why we haven't heard more about it on the news here in OKC. They also said all of phase 2 is going to now open up on Monday. I check vaccine tracker and there are plenty of shots available still for next week. Nothing super close to OKC but if your willing to drive 45 minutes to an hour you should have not problem finding a shot. Might get a bit more difficult with more people being added next week though.

16. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Thank you midtownerokc. I was wondering why we haven't heard more about it on the news here in OKC. They also said all of phase 2 is going to now open up on Monday. I check vaccine tracker and there are plenty of shots available still for next week. Nothing super close to OKC but if your willing to drive 45 minutes to an hour you should have not problem finding a shot. Might get a bit more difficult with more people being added next week though.
    Again. Stop searching for appointments. Get on vaccine-alerts.com and sign up for alerts. Your device will drive you nuts alerting you of openings. Your search will be over.

I’ve heard the J&J will be first sent to rural areas to avoid travel for multiple doses. Metro areas and larger populated areas will keep getting the two shot doses

18. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Anyone looking, grab the Walgreens app and search. Lots of appointments on there. Walmart also has a ton.

I woke up at 3:00+ this morning for a bathroom break and no soreness. Got up at 7:00 and my arm was sore. Now, at 8:20 p.m. I'm not feeling any soreness. No other side effects either. Never no what will happen in the next few days, but so far it's been less than my first shot.
    C. T.

20. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I’ve heard the J&J will be first sent to rural areas to avoid travel for multiple doses. Metro areas and larger populated areas will keep getting the two shot doses
    Good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Good plan
    Sounds like they are targeting eastern Oklahoma which has the lowest percent vaccinated so far. Probably thinking try to catch this area with single shots because two might not happen

Not sure why, but other than a few hours of arm soreness, I haven't had any other side effects.
    C. T.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

If you are not in the current phase you can call your local Walmart to get a waste list. If they have one where someone doesn’t show up they will call you to come get it.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I don't want to be on Wal Mart's waste list.

Sounds like we’re getting into phase 3 soon (https://twitter.com/kocodillon/statu...384926217?s=21)

“ Inbox: Oklahoma health officials will provide an update on vaccine distribution and “plans to open vaccine appointments for Phase 3 priority groups” today at 3:00 p.m., OSDH says”

Thread Information