Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

1. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I got in yesterday at one OU HSC was doing for OU Employees and families that are phase 2. No one even asked about comorbidities. They were moving people through quickly and looked like they had capacity for many more than were present as far as stations set up to administer and chairs to wait after your shot.
    I know a number of people that waited until the comorbidities phase opened up. We've talked and not one of was asked anything about our health status. But. On the CDC list of comorbidities are hypertension, asthma and a BMI of over 30. A 50 year old male at 5"7" and 195 has a BMI of 30.5. So I can see a lot of people being truly eligible that might not look to be with a casual glance.

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I know a number of people that waited until the comorbidities phase opened up. We've talked and not one of was asked anything about our health status. But. On the CDC list of comorbidities are hypertension, asthma and a BMI of over 30. A 50 year old male at 5"7" and 195 has a BMI of 30.5. So I can see a lot of people being truly eligible that might not look to be with a casual glance.
    I agree that most of the comorbidities can't be seen like high blood pressure. I am 6' tall and 234 lbs which gives me a BMI of 31.7 and feel completely healthy at that BMI. (I had a BMI of 45 a year ago) So to me, the BMI threshold seems low but I am not in the field to make that determination. I went because of other comorbidities.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I agree that most of the comorbidities can't be seen like high blood pressure. I am 6' tall and 234 lbs which gives me a BMI of 31.7 and feel completely healthy at that BMI. (I had a BMI of 45 a year ago) So to me, the BMI threshold seems low but I am not in the field to make that determination. I went because of other comorbidities.
    Technically I'm obese but I didn't consider that either. I have other conditions that qualified.

For the coming week, Pfizer doses for Oklahoma 43,290

https://data.cdc.gov/Vaccinations/Na...ions/sxbq-3sid

Moderna doses 37,500
    https://data.cdc.gov/Vaccinations/Na...ions/ke78-phpe

I've said this several times, but y'all should feel fortunate how fast this is going in Oklahoma. I'm in Texas and we've been on 1A and 1B since the vaccines arrived in December with no word on when it opens for any other groups.

I got mine yesterday at a clinic Integris was running up at OCU. In and out in probably 20 minutes, it was nice and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I got mine yesterday at a clinic Integris was running up at OCU. In and out in probably 20 minutes, it was nice and efficient.
    Congratulations!

Dankrutka, Texas is like a third-world state right now. I'm struggling to help my elderly relative in Austin get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Congratulations!

Dankrutka, Texas is like a third-world state right now. I'm struggling to help my elderly relative in Austin get vaccinated.
    Hopefully some lessons have been learned and the next national vaccination drive can be more organized and efficient. This is a **** show. This should never have been left up to the states. There needs to be a better way. Personally I think there should be a mixed priority list. The current phase approach only works on paper, it doesn’t account for people who a) do not know how to sign up b) are in the group but do not want a vaccine c) are not able to schedule one when they are available for whatever reason. This results in a huge delay in rolling it out by holding out doses for people who aren’t going to get one when offered. The list needs to blend the needs of those who NEED one and want one, with the amount of people who are not in the scheduled phase but want one. should be like a 60/40 blend. First 60% of doses for a given date are reserved for those who need it and want it, while the other 40% go to anyone who wants one. The goal needs to be to have zero leftover doses at the end of the day. No waste, no delays. Get it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Congratulations!

My sister and her husband had to drive 300 miles to Lubbock yesterday to get their vaccine at a CVS today. They live just North of Ft Worth and had registered in 4 counties for the vaccine. They are 75 and 77 years old. SMH

Catch - some states have done pretty well with the vaccine, so I don't know.

11. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    My sister and her husband had to drive 300 miles to Lubbock yesterday to get their vaccine at a CVS today. They live just North of Ft Worth and had registered in 4 counties for the vaccine. They are 75 and 77 years old. SMH
    Wow! Just wow!

Had to go to the Sam's Club pharmacy today at 39th & N. May and noticed they have started giving the Covid vax.

You have to register in the usual way but I don't believe you need to be a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Had to go to the Sam's Club pharmacy today at 39th & N. May and noticed they have started giving the Covid vax.

You have to register in the usual way but I don't believe you need to be a member.
    The usual way? I think you mean like you would register for a Sam's or Walmart pharmacy event, as opposed to trying to get an appointment through the state portal. I got my shot at Walmart by registering through the Walmart site. I had never used the Walmart or Sams pharmacy before for anything, so it was all new to me.

This article was posted upthread, or in some thread on OKCTalk. (Thank you!) There are links to both registration sites in the article. https://www.koco.com/article/covid-1...7OdPTyCYRf3IM8

^

You can also register through vaxokc.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

You can also register through vaxokc.com.
    I haven't seen that site before. Good that they are trying to aggregate places where you might get a shot. It was pretty disjointed for awhile. The links for Sam's and Walmart take you to their respective sites.

^

Yes, but also to others like CVS and Walgreens.

It's a good place to go for local vaccination appointments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I know of several attempts from residents of bordering states trying to get a vaccination in OKlahoma because they can’t get one in their state. I spoke to one person from Kansas who truly couldn’t believe how much better the system and rollout is in Oklahoma.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I know of several attempts from residents of bordering states trying to get a vaccination in OKlahoma because they can’t get one in their state. I spoke to one person from Kansas who truly couldn’t believe how much better the system and rollout is in Oklahoma.
    And with the J&J coming and some Sam's/Walmarts vaccinating now it should only get better here!

19. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I was getting an appointment for my in-law using the OSDH website. You have to be compulsive to get one. Refresh every 30 minutes and you have about 20 seconds to book it before it is gone. Wow.

20. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I was getting an appointment for my in-law using the OSDH website. You have to be compulsive to get one. Refresh every 30 minutes and you have about 20 seconds to book it before it is gone. Wow.
    I hope you got it done. If not go to vaccine-alert.com and sign up for alerts. They send you the OSDH openings as they pop up. Your device will drive you nuts with alerts. You still have to be fast to get them though.

21. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I hope you got it done. If not go to vaccine-alert.com and sign up for alerts. They send you the OSDH openings as they pop up. Your device will drive you nuts with alerts. You still have to be fast to get them though.
    I did. Someone must have cancelled since they just had one tomorrow. I was about to sign up for the alerts if I struck out today. Got one for them tomorrow for the Pfizer vaccine.

Any news on when we’re moving to phase 3? I know quite a few people that aren’t eligible right now and are still getting them. Not quite sure how though. Things are changing at work and I sure would like to get one.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Any news on when we’re moving to phase 3? I know quite a few people that aren’t eligible right now and are still getting them. Not quite sure how though. Things are changing at work and I sure would like to get one.
    I’d expect mid to late March at this pace. Supply is going up by a couple million next week and also adding in J&J

24. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    How is that they're checking some co-morbidity box and setting an appointment. No one I know has been really questioned about health at the vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I've said this several times, but y'all should feel fortunate how fast this is going in Oklahoma. I'm in Texas and we've been on 1A and 1B since the vaccines arrived in December with no word on when it opens for any other groups.
    Yep. My parents only just now got added to a wait list for appointments in NJ. At last check my home county was 9% first dose compared to ~24% now in OKC. Here, I know many elderly people, teachers, and those with comorbidities getting vaccines. It sounds like other places are really struggling. Hell, CA was weeks behind us in getting a statewide registration/notification system set up, and at least check MN didn't even have one when I went to look for a friend. I don't know how equitable the dose distributions have been (or what goes into that), or if we're just succeeding through a combination of fortunate public/private partnerships (e.g. IMMY) plus the thorough work of the tribes or what.

Thread Information