Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 40 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Default Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Please post any updates about the vaccine availability here.

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

They're testing a website for vaccine scheduling: https://kfor.com/news/state-health-d...tal-this-week/

**Small edit: May expose myself to trolls, but I have a PhD in microbiology and immunology. If you guys have any questions, I can try to see if I can clarify things or answer them to the best of my abilities.

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I heard this morning that Canadian County has vaccines available for 1-8-21, this coming Friday. I called the county health department and they informed me to sign up on FB. At 9:30 am today this Friday was completely booked. 1,250 doses. They were giving 50 doses every 15 minutes.

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Last week many of the county health departments listed sign up information on their facebook pages for dates this week scattered around the state for 65+, first responders and healthcare workers. Several hundred shots at each location. Nothing huge at any location. Oklahoma County was not one of them. They filled quickly. Comments on those pages are they plan to repeat on the same day of the week at those locations in coming weeks, with sign up links to be available again soon, but possibly moving to a new registration site. The one being used was down for a good long while over one night this weekend. I hope the new state portal that is about to roll out will help make all that more accessible, as well as produce whatever the plan is for most of us in the metro, what when where and how.

Is there a place that outlines who exactly is an “essential worker” according to phase 3 of the rollout? Everything I’ve found just refers to a Governor Executive Order but don’t actually link to the text of the EO

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Is there a place that outlines who exactly is an “essential worker” according to phase 3 of the rollout? Everything I’ve found just refers to a Governor Executive Order but don’t actually link to the text of the EO
    Maybe they're referring to the EO from the spring that defined what businesses were deemed essential and could stay open? There's a list somewhere and I haven't found it yet. It used to be here:

https://www.okcommerce.gov/covid19/

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Maybe they're referring to the EO from the spring that defined what businesses were deemed essential and could stay open? There's a list somewhere and I haven't found it yet. It used to be here:

https://www.okcommerce.gov/covid19/
    Is this it?: https://sos.ok.gov/documents/executive/1919.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by silvergrove View Post
    After a quick scan, I don't see a list. Somewhere there is a list of NAISC codes they released that defined "essential" businesses. It was pretty broad, if I remember correctly.

9. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I wonder if it's referring to the March 24 EO that listed essential businesses and employees of?

From March 24:
    So, what’s considered an essential business that will remain open? Stitt shared guidance from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, identifying people working in the following fields as essential, critical infrastructure workers:

• Healthcare / public health
    • Law enforcement, public safety, first responders
    • Food and agriculture
    • Energy
    • Water and wastewater
    • Transportation and logistics
    • Public works
    • Communications and information technology
    • Other community-based government operations and essential functions
    • Critical manufacturing
    • Hazardous materials
    • Financial services
    • Chemical
    • Defense industrial Base

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I wonder if it's referring to the March 24 EO that listed essential businesses and employees of?

From March 24:
    So, what’s considered an essential business that will remain open? Stitt shared guidance from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, identifying people working in the following fields as essential, critical infrastructure workers:

• Healthcare / public health
    • Law enforcement, public safety, first responders
    • Food and agriculture
    • Energy
    • Water and wastewater
    • Transportation and logistics
    • Public works
    • Communications and information technology
    • Other community-based government operations and essential functions
    • Critical manufacturing
    • Hazardous materials
    • Financial services
    • Chemical
    • Defense industrial Base
    That's probably the one, thank you! My wife is a veterinarian and I'm trying to find out if she's covered in phase 3 or not

11. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Little more information on the Oklahoma Vaccine App. They were supposed to get one from the CDC and it didn't do what they wanted or function how they wanted. They got in contact with Microsoft and got an application developed on their own. They said it is moving along quickly.

The reason some counties had vaccine sign ups is the state wanted to get these out to people in Phase 1/2 without waiting for the app so they let them handle it. As you can imagine that is why some things were out of sorts.

Hope this app is good.

It appears the app and a central scheduling tool will be released by the state on Thursday morning. People will be able to register and get an appointment if they are the phases currently eligible for vaccination or be notified of appointment availability if they are not in the phases currently eligible. For example, if you are 65 or older and therefore in the phase currently eligible, you can go to the state’s website and register for an appointment to get vaccinated. If you are 22 and healthy (no comorbidities), you can still register and you will be notified once you’re eligible to schedule.

These vaccinations are generally happening at PODS (point of dispensation sites), such as Sooner Mall in Norman. They are holding back inventory for the booster shot so that people getting vaccinated this week can come back and get the booster shot in 4 weeks.

Keep an eye on the State Department of Health’s website on Thursday morning for the app and scheduling tool.

That's probably the one, thank you! My wife is a veterinarian and I'm trying to find out if she's covered in phase 3 or not
    This looks to be that list I think

https://www.okcommerce.gov/wp-conten...tries-List.pdf

Also a bit more detailed info about the vaccine phases

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/...2012-10-20.pdf

14. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

The OKC Govt FB page posted this. It's a sign up for over 65 at OCCHD.

https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSi...8-vaccination1

The OKC Govt FB page posted this. It's a sign up for over 65 at OCCHD.

https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSi...8-vaccination1
    It was full in three minutes. I got a spot multiple times, filled out the info and it would say that someone else got it. Crazy. Also, where did you find that link? They never posted it on the occhd site that I saw.

16. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    It was full in three minutes. I got a spot multiple times, filled out the info and it would say that someone else got it. Crazy. Also, where did you find that link? They never posted it on the occhd site that I saw.
    It was on a post on the OKC Govt Facebook page. I went to the OCCHD site also and never saw it there.

Well I guess I am driving my mom to Elk City At least I have that option.

I searched and couldn't see a different thread on the topic and though this would be the best place to post. OCCHD has a project out to bid for a fast track testing and drive thru immunization center with a hard completion date of July 1, 2021 for the main building. They are also building a warehouse with a 270 completion time frame. Bids are due next Tuesday. Address is listed as 2720 Northeast 63rd Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73111. This is Southeast of the main facility and East of the Community Trails.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCCHD Testing & Immunization Center.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	5.23 MB 
ID:	16657

19. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

The Oklahoma county 65+ POD was full in under 5 minutes. Good to see people are wanting this with a lot of demand.

Assuming the roll out of the app and scheduling tool goes well on Thursday, we should see the pace of vaccination pick up quite a bit. I expect a few hiccups at launch, but they should be fixed relatively quickly.

Make sure you're letting all your friends and family know about the scheduling opportunities and help them where you can since tech can be difficult for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    OCCHD has a project out to bid for a fast track testing and drive thru immunization center with a hard completion date of July 1, 2021 for the main building.
    Thanks very much!

I created a new thread here:
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=46108&

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    Same for me. It was under 3 min and all slots were full. I connected exactly at 9 and still was all full.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

You can sign up today to be alerted for your time to get vaccinated.

https://vaccinate.oklahoma.gov/

24. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I registered this morning. I got an email later that said:
    you have been identified as a candidate for a group within Phase 2 of vaccinations. We are currently administering the vaccine to the residents who have been assigned to an earlier group. We will send you an email notification with information on how to schedule your vaccination as soon as your group within Phase 2 becomes active.

We'll register my wife when we get home.

Blog Entries

I registered this morning. I got an email later that said:
    you have been identified as a candidate for a group within Phase 2 of vaccinations. We are currently administering the vaccine to the residents who have been assigned to an earlier group. We will send you an email notification with information on how to schedule your vaccination as soon as your group within Phase 2 becomes active.

We'll register my wife when we get home.
    I did as well around 12:45 today, how long for your email reply, and what was the sending address, so I can search for later. Thanks!

Thread Information