Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Anyway to see data on how many doses per week OK is receiving? Like 50k per week, more? I tried to book appointments a few times but all filled up so far.

Figure in a couple weeks will be easier to get a slot.
    Far more than that. The Oklahoman has a daily count of vaccine doses received and administered. It looks like we are dosing about 25,000 people a day across the state, and there were days with higher numbers.

The availability of doses has increased by at least 50%. You would always like to see more but it looks like things are really ramping up.

Honestly my beef is with the Health Department and even the FB for OKC City County HD. I signed up immediately but I have never received any communications letting me know I'm eligible and asking me to schedule an appointment.

My wife just bird-dogs the heck out of all sorts of groups on FB and knew about the IMMY deal and got me signed up (hitting refresh over and over).

Unfortunately, a lot of people are falling through the cracks, even those who are basically adept at using a computer and visiting websites, doing e-commerce, etc. There really seems to be a lack of resources deployed in the non-digital realm.

I think they are thinking that digital is more efficient, so do that, and get as many people with shots in arms as quickly as possible. It makes sense but it also sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Unfortunately, a lot of people are falling through the cracks, even those who are basically adept at using a computer and visiting websites, doing e-commerce, etc. There really seems to be a lack of resources deployed in the non-digital realm.

I think they are thinking that digital is more efficient, so do that, and get as many people with shots in arms as quickly as possible. It makes sense but it also sucks.
    I completely agree with this, and I feel like it is the most vulnerable who are falling through the cracks. I feel like it would really be beneficial to have no-appointment necessary options for those 65+ or even maybe just 85+ in locations on certain days or times.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy.a.owen View Post
    I completely agree with this, and I feel like it is the most vulnerable who are falling through the cracks. I feel like it would really be beneficial to have no-appointment necessary options for those 65+ or even maybe just 85+ in locations on certain days or times.
    Totally agree. My 85 year old relative in Austin is having a terrible time navigating it, and it doesn't seem like there is anyone who can help him, including his primary care doctor. Add to that he nearly froze to death in the storm there. He is staying in a hotel now because his downtown apartment has interrupted water service. Again, he is not a luddite and can schedule his oil changes and doctors appointments, etc. but he is struggling to get it set up and it is a maze for someone outside the state. Oklahoma's system is not as cruel and indifferent as Texas's, but it's not much better. We had to help both sets of parents get signed up and they are very Internet savvy.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

On this, my whole family back home has received their shots except for my mother. She is registered with her state, I just checked, but I'm here to say navigating through all the pages wasn't easy. Knowing my mother, I can now see why. My stepmom had to get help to get her and my dad set up, so I can see it's an issue for the older generation (late 70's). I'm not knocking it or being disrespectful, it's just the reality. Now that I know the struggle, I'm searching and checking for appointments. I feel guilty getting my shot here before Mom gets hers back there. I think our state portal was much easier

5. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Oklahoma spent a good amount on our portal but it is clearly working well. We are doing well in terms of vaccines. Should get better as we go.

53% of 65+ have one shot. 841k doses in arms.

Holy smokes. We're expecting a total of 400k doses over the next 3 weeks, *not including* some 30-90k J&J vaccines.

This thing is accelerating quickly. We could be into phase three by the end of March at this rate.

https://twitter.com/KOCODillon/statu...79282079059969

All Choctaw Nation employees are now eligible to receive the vaccine as part of the tribe's next round of vaccines. Four of the tribe's clinics are hosting vaccination events this Saturday. I just now had an appointment made and am getting my first dose Saturday morning!

8. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

With it seemingly easier and easier to get an appointment these days, I'm hoping at some point they will just open it all up sooner than later (yes I am in phase 4)

9. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Holy smokes. We're expecting a total of 400k doses over the next 3 weeks, *not including* some 30-90k J&J vaccines.

This thing is accelerating quickly. We could be into phase three by the end of March at this rate.

https://twitter.com/KOCODillon/statu...79282079059969
    I think we will see phase 3 open mid March actually. At this rate there is no reason not to.

10. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I just read on NBC that Phizer is testing a third shot in those that had the first shot in the trial group. The article says antibodies could raise "10 to 20 fold" with a third shot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...shots-n1258775

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I just read on NBC that Phizer is testing a third shot in those that had the first shot in the trial group. The article says antibodies could raise "10 to 20 fold" with a third shot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...shots-n1258775
    Man, this is all super exciting. It has been almost one year to the date since people in Oklahoma starting getting confirmed cases of CV-19. We will never forget the last meal we ate in public, when our employers decided to have us work from home, the mayor's press conference, etc.

It's hard to imagine now how unimaginably dreadful this all seemed and how we felt about the future. People predicting it could be up to 24 months at the earliest before we would see a vaccine, with no assurances that one would even be effective.

We have lost 500,000 Americans to this virus, with many other survivors coping with debilitating and potentially lifelong after effects. It's a tragedy that many of those deaths would have been prevented with better leadership.

But it's hard not to feel more than a twinge of optimism about the future right now.

I think optimism is more than warranted at this point. By the end of the summer we will have truly relegated this to something akin to the flu - an illness that might make you miss a week at worst but most certainly won't be nearly as deadly or severe as it was, at least for those who get the vaccine.

I've got plane tickets booked and vacations planned starting in May. Looking forward to getting out again and not having to teach via Zoom or in a room filled with masked students.

13. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Man, this is all super exciting. It has been almost one year to the date since people in Oklahoma starting getting confirmed cases of CV-19. We will never forget the last meal we ate in public, when our employers decided to have us work from home, the mayor's press conference, etc.

It's hard to imagine now how unimaginably dreadful this all seemed and how we felt about the future. People predicting it could be up to 24 months at the earliest before we would see a vaccine, with no assurances that one would even be effective.

We have lost 500,000 Americans to this virus, with many other survivors coping with debilitating and potentially lifelong after effects. It's a tragedy that many of those deaths would have been prevented with better leadership.

But it's hard not to feel more than a twinge of optimism about the future right now.
    My wife and I were talking last night about where we were and what we ate on March 11. The night of the postponed OKC-Utah game. We had our favorite queso anywhere. Now that we have had the first shot and can maybe see the light at the end of the tunnel we're starting to think about that queso again! Hopefully sometime late spring or early summer.

14. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I think optimism is more than warranted at this point. By the end of the summer we will have truly relegated this to something akin to the flu - an illness that might make you miss a week at worst but most certainly won't be nearly as deadly or severe as it was, at least for those who get the vaccine.

I've got plane tickets booked and vacations planned starting in May. Looking forward to getting out again and not having to teach via Zoom or in a room filled with masked students.
    I'm optimistic! For some reason I can't attach anything but I got on worldometer today and the world, US and Oklahoma new case graphs look similar and are all going down pretty quickly. And this is with at least one "more contagious" variant becoming the dominant strain according to many reports.

Anyway to see data on how many doses per week OK is receiving? Like 50k per week, more? I tried to book appointments a few times but all filled up so far.

Figure in a couple weeks will be easier to get a slot.

I think it was 137,000 doses this week.

16. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Heads up. All IHS facilities are now offering vaccines to all American Indian/Alaska Natives 16+ (as well as household members/caregivers). Little more information here: https://twitter.com/ChrisKPolansky/s...780226054?s=20

While patiently waiting for Phase 3, I notice a TON of open slots on the State Portal (1,100 last time I checked vaccine-alerts.com) as well as lots of facebook posts about non-portal vacancies. It looks like the teachers are getting vaccinated at their schools - are those extra doses or just taken from weekly allocation?

Are we getting to a point where we have unused appointments for Phase 2? Maybe it's time for Phase 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    While patiently waiting for Phase 3, I notice a TON of open slots on the State Portal (1,100 last time I checked vaccine-alerts.com) as well as lots of facebook posts about non-portal vacancies. It looks like the teachers are getting vaccinated at their schools - are those extra doses or just taken from weekly allocation?

Are we getting to a point where we have unused appointments for Phase 2? Maybe it's time for Phase 3!
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's interesting. I was able to get myself and several family members into a local POD this week after they opened it up to fill spots which had gone unfilled, allegedly due to cancellations. I wonder if the weather delay caused people to move their appointments around.

19. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I asked a few weeks ago if direct Fed Govt vaccinations were counted in the OSDH numbers. They weren't until today and adding them puts our vaccinations over 1 million.

We are starting to see the number of available slots increase and the rate at which they fill up decrease. Right now, there are hundreds of open slots for teachers at the OKC clinic and over a thousand for those currently eligible available elsewhere in the state. Given this combined with the arrival of the J&J vaccine this week, I’d expect phase 3 to open imminently. I previously predicted phase 4 would open by April and I still think that’s the case, but will be dependent on us continuing to receive the predicted increase in supply.

Far more than that. The Oklahoman has a daily count of vaccine doses received and administered. It looks like we are dosing about 25,000 people a day across the state, and there were days with higher numbers.

The availability of doses has increased by at least 50%. You would always like to see more but it looks like things are really ramping up.

Honestly my beef is with the Health Department and even the FB for OKC City County HD. I signed up immediately but I have never received any communications letting me know I'm eligible and asking me to schedule an appointment.

My wife just bird-dogs the heck out of all sorts of groups on FB and knew about the IMMY deal and got me signed up (hitting refresh over and over).

Was able to get in today. Saw lots of people of all ages. No one is verifying comorbidities, its at best the honor system.

I know people in later phases who got in this week. It's turning into a free for all if you want to go out of turn.

22. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Was able to get in today. Saw lots of people of all ages. No one is verifying comorbidities, its at best the honor system.

I know people in later phases who got in this week. It's turning into a free for all if you want to go out of turn.
    Yes I am phase 3 and saw a lot of appointments available but I am not going to skip in line. I’d rather let the teachers and older folks get a spot. No reason I can’t wait.

I do hope people are being responsible and waiting. The faster we get the vulnerable vaccinated the better this is for everyone.

J&J vaccine approved. 85% effective against moderate and severe COVID 28 days after the shot, 100% effective against hospitalization and death.

These vaccines are just stupid good.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

J&J vaccine approved. 85% effective against moderate and severe COVID 28 days after the shot, 100% effective against hospitalization and death.

These vaccines are just stupid good.
    This will speed up vaccinations quite a bit.

I got in yesterday at one OU HSC was doing for OU Employees and families that are phase 2. No one even asked about comorbidities. They were moving people through quickly and looked like they had capacity for many more than were present as far as stations set up to administer and chairs to wait after your shot.

Thread Information