Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    I was lucky enough to get an appointment and the first shot last Thursday at Deaconess. When I was handed my inoculation paper, they had the return date as 2/11, and I was asked if I wanted the same time, and said yes, and 12:00 was added. Some friends got their shots in Duncan yesterday, and even though they got the inoculation papers, they seem to think they have to sign up again for the second shot. Are you automatically scheduled for the second shot at the same location, or do you have other options?
    I've actually pretty consistently heard stories just like this from all over. The problem doesn't seem to be in administering the vaccine, but in distributing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    We have a long way to go but in the US today we vaccinated more people than daily infected. Feels nice to see that even for just one day. Thank you scientists and all the volunteers giving out this shot!
    ^^^^
    1000% We're basically in a race: vaccines vs. spread. We still have a ways to go, but it's great to see the progress being made.

Received our first vaccine in Ada, but would like to stay closer to Oklahoma County for our second. We were not automatically scheduled for our booster as some have been. I see several openings for "booster only" through the scheduling portal, but not sure if they are giving boosters for both vaccines or just one brand. Anyone know how to find out which brand is given in which county?

Quote Originally Posted by RYSOONER1 View Post
    Received our first vaccine in Ada, but would like to stay closer to Oklahoma County for our second. We were not automatically scheduled for our booster as some have been. I see several openings for "booster only" through the scheduling portal, but not sure if they are giving boosters for both vaccines or just one brand. Anyone know how to find out which brand is given in which county?
    This is just a guess, but I'd think Moderna is for the outlier areas due to the required cold temps. ? just a wag.

My daughter got hers in El Reno and they had both Pfizer and Moderna the day she got it. She said they had run out of Pfizer so she got Moderna.

In terms of non-portal vaccination in the metro area:

IMMY, Norman, (demand exceeding supply, will only vaccinate you if you do both shots with them)
    Classen Urgent Care Clinic, Norman, only vaccinating Cleveland County residents

Does anyone know of any other places in the metro area?

I will say there does appear to be capacity statewide for both shots, if you are willing to travel. The fact that county health departments don't post available slots until one week prior to your recommended 2nd shot (due to unknown vaccine dose amounts) is causing many elderly folks uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    In terms of non-portal vaccination in the metro area:

IMMY, Norman, (demand exceeding supply, will only vaccinate you if you do both shots with them)
    Classen Urgent Care Clinic, Norman, only vaccinating Cleveland County residents

Does anyone know of any other places in the metro area?

I will say there does appear to be capacity statewide for both shots, if you are willing to travel. The fact that county health departments don't post available slots until one week prior to your recommended 2nd shot (due to unknown vaccine dose amounts) is causing many elderly folks uncertainty.
    I'm assuming this is still for people that fall into Phase 2?

6. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    I'm assuming this is still for people that fall into Phase 2?
    I've seen an IMMY commercial that says they are following the phase/group plan.

Looks like we're getting a bit of a boost (17%) in our vaccine allocations starting next week thanks to the Biden administration

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status...70402466111488

8. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Looks like we're getting a bit of a boost (17%) in our vaccine allocations starting next week thanks to the Biden administration

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status...70402466111488
    I think the even bigger news along with that is having a 3-week notice on how much each state is getting. Looks like things are starting to ramp up. Everyone who wants a vaccine should have that option this summer.

Looks like all predictions in December were pretty accurate. Wild to think we went a year and half of a new virus to 300 million vaccine doses available.

I think the even bigger news along with that is having a 3-week notice on how much each state is getting. Looks like things are starting to ramp up. Everyone who wants a vaccine should have that option this summer.

Looks like all predictions in December were pretty accurate. Wild to think we went a year and half of a new virus to 300 million vaccine doses available.
    To be fair, they didn't start from scratch, research on MERS and SARS (and Ebola) vaccines had been ongoing for years and they built on that, along with immense amounts of funding (and incentive because COVID-19 ended up being more contagious and widespread than any of those).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    To be fair, they didn't start from scratch, research on MERS and SARS (and Ebola) vaccines had been ongoing for years and they built on that, along with immense amounts of funding (and incentive because COVID-19 ended up being more contagious and widespread than any of those).
    While this is accurate, its a hell of an accomplishment to get a vaccine to market in the time they did. These things can often times take years and they did it in a fraction of that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I got my first shot in Ponca City on Jan 14. They gave me a card and it said 'RETURN' on Feb 16. But the lady told me I would have to make another appointment.

Well, I got Moderna, and Moderna has a 28 day requirement wait time, which means I should get it as soon as Feb 11...... So they extended it 5 extra days.

I have not yet gotten a signup confirmation email to signup for the second shot.
    Follow up - I called 211 Monday. Told the lady my situation and she registered me while on the phone. Said for a short time the booster shot emails were not going out. So the next day I found my booster registering email in the spam folder due to sign up link. So I went into the link and everything is fine.

So if you have not received an email to register for a shot when you think you should have you might want to give them a call. I had less than 3 minutes wait time for them to answer.

12. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

This rollout seems to continue to be a cluster. My dad got to his 3:15 appt at the Cowboy Hall of Fame at 2:45, and is still an hour out from getting his shot. Even though they had him set an appointment, they're apparently treating it as first come first serve with elderly waiting outside in this freezing weather.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    This rollout seems to continue to be a cluster. My dad got to his 3:15 appt at the Cowboy Hall of Fame at 2:45, and is still an hour out from getting his shot. Even though they had him set an appointment, they're apparently treating it as first come first serve with elderly waiting outside in this freezing weather.
    They had a particular issue at that location this morning that caused delays. It seems some volunteers/staff could not make it as planned and they were struggling to get help to process people. I think, overall, they've been doing a good job getting people in and out efficiently, but we're going to run into situations like this. I think a lot of people aren't aware many of these PODS depend on volunteers from the MRC to operate efficiently and when there is an unexpected or unplanned shortage of volunteers, it's going to cause logistical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    They had a particular issue at that location this morning that caused delays. It seems some volunteers/staff could not make it as planned and they were struggling to get help to process people. I think, overall, they've been doing a good job getting people in and out efficiently, but we're going to run into situations like this. I think a lot of people aren't aware many of these PODS depend on volunteers from the MRC to operate efficiently and when there is an unexpected or unplanned shortage of volunteers, it's going to cause logistical issues.
    To me, it's just completely baffling that the we're (OK, and maybe the USA in general) is relying on volunteers to vaccinate against the worst pandemic in 100+ years. Glad they're doing it, but I honestly think we shouldn't have to use volunteers, but then again there are tons of other things that volunteers do that companies won't pay for, yay capitalism. Do other countries rely (as much) on volunteers to give vaccines? I tried looking it up and couldn't really find any good info...

Just got my vaccine scheduled for 2/2. What a relief. Hopefully we can be done with this mess soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    There was a segment on the KFOR news tonight about that location. Someone said in an interview that the main problem was that a large number of people were showing up well before their appointment and getting in line. It would be very difficult to control something like that without cooperation from the people who show up too early. That doesn't mean there might not be other issues though.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    There was a segment on the KFOR news tonight about that location. Someone said in an interview that the main problem was that a large number of people were showing up well before their appointment and getting in line. It would be very difficult to control something like that without cooperation from the people who show up too early. That doesn't mean there might not be other issues though.
    This is funny to me because when my 85-year-old dad had his shot a couple of weeks ago they sent him an email asking that people should not show up early, to come at your exact time. He was totally anxious over these instructions. For a guy who used to get to the airport three hours early this caused him great stress! I guess it's an old people thing!

18. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Well now we know why the OSDH froze giving doses to CVS and Walgreens https://oklahomawatch.org/2021/01/28...n-in-oklahoma/

62k doses just sitting in freezers.

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    This is funny to me because when my 85-year-old dad had his shot a couple of weeks ago they sent him an email asking that people should not show up early, to come at your exact time. He was totally anxious over these instructions. For a guy who used to get to the airport three hours early this caused him great stress! I guess it's an old people thing!
    I don't think it's an "old people thing". I am 77 and am always on time, not early or late, for appointments. I think it has more to do with the way you are raised. I'm number 5 on our list at Silver Elms in Edmond and they said be there at 9:05 and if I'm a minute or two early I would be surprised. I do guarantee that I won't be late.
    C. T.

Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot, easy to store vaccine is 58-70% effective against symptoms, but really importantly it is 100% effective against death and hospitalization, even against the new strains.

The vaccines, across the board, are very, *very* good.

21. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I'm really looking forward to getting mine. I just have to get mentally prepared that there could be a few hours of COVID like symptoms and that it's OK.

A friend of mine and her husband got their booster dose of Pfizer 2 days ago. She told me that after 24 hours neither one of them had any adverse effects. Other than a little bit of soreness in the arm.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

WH Coronavirus team said Oklahoma was one of 8 states that has gotten to 10% vaccinated and applauded them. Go oklahoma!

HangryHippo Guest

WH Coronavirus team said Oklahoma was one of 8 states that has gotten to 10% vaccinated and applauded them. Go oklahoma!
    Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I'm really looking forward to getting mine. I just have to get mentally prepared that there could be a few hours of COVID like symptoms and that it's OK.
    Getting our second next week. First is nothing, maybe a slightly sore arm for 24 hours. Second seems to be the one that gets some folks. Have had friends reactions range from sore arm only to fever, body aches, shaking, and extremely tired for 28 hours. It all beats COVID if you're a high risk patient like myself, bring them on!

Thread Information