Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Where is the daily vaccination number reported?
    I'm using this site.

https://covid19-projections.com/infections/us-ok

The 13,500 is the 7 day average of vaccinations. I'm expecting that average to hit 20,000 a day quickly. This is all very good news for now. We should see new infections--and most importantly hospitalizations--start a persistent downward trend in the next two to three weeks.

Not to beat a vaccine hesitancy horse here, but we need to keep demand going. Once that downward trend happens, people are going to start getting (even more) complacent and lax about precautions, including starting to perniciously think that they can delay getting the vaccine.

Oklahoma is doing pretty good. Colorado has issued 187k first doses, not much more than OK's 157k (mentioned upthread). Colorado has 2 million more people.

A long way to go, regardless. Hopefully this can speed up.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I'm using this site.

https://covid19-projections.com/infections/us-ok

The 13,500 is the 7 day average of vaccinations. I'm expecting that average to hit 20,000 a day quickly. This is all very good news for now. We should see new infections--and most importantly hospitalizations--start a persistent downward trend in the next two to three weeks.

Not to beat a vaccine hesitancy horse here, but we need to keep demand going. Once that downward trend happens, people are going to start getting (even more) complacent and lax about precautions, including starting to perniciously think that they can delay getting the vaccine.
    Thanks for the link.

And, yes, messaging will be key the next few months. We blew the messaging in the middle game. This is the beginning of the end game and hopefully we can everyone on board this time.

I saw where the Federal government is now telling states not to hold back the vaccine for the 2nd dose to get more people the fist dose sooner.

when do they post new sign ups? is it 9am or noon?

6. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    when do they post new sign ups? is it 9am or noon?
    I would check hourly on Wednesdays and Thursdays

7. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I would check hourly on Wednesdays and Thursdays
    That's the way I understood what was on the channel 9 crawler this morning.

Sounds like Oklahoma's weekly dosing is gonna double soon thanks to the new regulations about not holding second doses back, with expansion starting as early as next week (https://oklahoman.com/article/568026...n-coming-weeks)

Federal changes to COVID-19 vaccine distribution could soon boost the amount of doses Oklahoma receives on a weekly basis.

Oklahoma is slated to receive 48,475 doses next week, but that number could double as soon as the following week when the federal government starts shipping first and second doses to states simultaneously.

Like other states, demand for COVID-19 vaccines in Oklahoma currently exceeds the state's weekly supply, leaving some residents impatient and frustrated as they desperately try to track down shots.

The Trump administration on Tuesday announced the federal government will begin releasing all available vaccines, instead of holding back doses for scheduled second shots. The change comes after President-elect Joe Biden indicated he would change vaccine distribution upon taking office.

Federal officials had been holding onto second vaccine doses to ensure people got both shots in the two-dose regimen, but say that increased vaccine manufacturing will ensure Americans receive both shots.

“This updated plan means vaccine doses will be available at a level that they haven’t been so far,” said Keith Reed, Oklahoma's deputy commissioner of health.

Increased supply means county health departments could hold more mass vaccination clinics and the state could spread doses across more distributors. With 1,367 pandemic partners signed up to distribute vaccines, the state could soon start directing doses to primary care doctors, pharmacies and community health centers, Reed said.

In two weeks, the federal government also plans to change vaccine allocation to be based on how quickly states are administering doses. In other words, states that are administering vaccines quickly could start receiving more doses.

9. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Sounds like Oklahoma's weekly dosing is gonna double soon thanks to the new regulations about not holding second doses back, with expansion starting as early as next week (https://oklahoman.com/article/568026...n-coming-weeks)
    Well if they get 100k per week in people's arm then we are looking at around 30 weeks to get all of Oklahoma. Wild that 100k seems like a lot per week but we are really going to have to ramp this up even more.

10. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Well if they get 100k per week in people's arm then we are looking at around 30 weeks to get all of Oklahoma. Wild that 100k seems like a lot per week but we are really going to have to ramp this up even more.
    30 weeks is assuming 100% participation. The real time frame will depend on the number of people that actually get the vaccine.

Yeah we need 60-70% of folks to get vaccinated to hit herd immunity, and I wouldn't be surprised if after about 45-50% we start to have problems finding people to actually take the shot. I just hope we can start getting teachers systematically vaccinated in a short timeframe so schools can go back to in-person.

If we would authorize the AstraZeneca vaccine and Johnson and Johnson receives authorization for their one-dose shot in mid February, we could effectively end the pandemic in 10-12 weeks. Assuming enough uptake, of course.

13. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

My mom has lost the email she received that said she was eligible to be vaccinated and had a link to view/schedule upcoming appointments. Is that link user specific? If not, could someone share that so I can pass it along to her?

I got my shot today. I received a card with Moderna as my vaccine and that I would have to register to get the second dose after 2-16-2021. A full month. Also, they said I could register at any Pod I wanted. Do not have to stay with the same location.
    Absolutely no side effects at this point and I got it at 11:47 am today. So over 4 and a half hours.

Quote Originally Posted by liirogue View Post
    My mom has lost the email she received that said she was eligible to be vaccinated and had a link to view/schedule upcoming appointments. Is that link user specific? If not, could someone share that so I can pass it along to her?
    I believe it is user specific only because I checked in and input the birth date wrong. It told me it did not match the birth date on file. You might try calling 211?

16. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    I believe it is user specific only because I checked in and input the birth date wrong. It told me it did not match the birth date on file. You might try calling 211?
    Thanks I'll try that!

I'm not sure what population numbers you are using but according to my googler there are 2,558,294 people over 18 in Oklahoma. It takes two shots a person. That's 51 weeks to get 100%. So 75% willing by Octoberish? Just in time to start all over again maybe.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I got my shot today. I received a card with Moderna as my vaccine and that I would have to register to get the second dose after 2-16-2021. A full month. Also, they said I could register at any Pod I wanted. Do not have to stay with the same location.
    Absolutely no side effects at this point and I got it at 11:47 am today. So over 4 and a half hours.
    Good! All my doctor friends didn't have any real pain after the first shot but the second one kinda kicked their butts. Just a little fatigue and had to take some Tylenol. Normal reactions though as the body learned to fight it off.

19. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    I'm not sure what population numbers you are using but according to my googler there are 2,558,294 people over 18 in Oklahoma. It takes two shots a person. That's 51 weeks to get 100%. So 75% willing by Octoberish? Just in time to start all over again maybe.
    I guessed at 3 million being the population and I really only count as one dose being done. Most of the manufacturers are saying they will have 100 million doses by June so this should ramp up quick. I expect everyone who wants a vaccine will have one by June.

I guessed at 3 million being the population and I really only count as one dose being done. Most of the manufacturers are saying they will have 100 million doses by June so this should ramp up quick. I expect everyone who wants a vaccine will have one by June.
    That's my guess, but yes, only if it ramps up a lot more, a lot fewer elect to get a vaccination or both. You have to consider both doses in projections because they are giving them, they require vaccine, staff and facilities, and they are being counted in the numbers AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by RYSOONER1 View Post
    Will do, thanks for the tip. Going to keep our slots booked, and maybe just call that week. Have a friend who is scheduled for Tuesday, so we'll see what happens with him also.
    Was your friend able to get the 2nd dose in Medford on Tuesday? Or were they only serving people who received the 1st dose in Medford?

i registered today and received my confirmation email within 15 minutes... it'll be a while till my group is up. i think i'm after the phase that includes mannequins and household pets.

My grandparents got vaccinated yesterday, and I couldn't be happier. It will take about a month before they're at that 95% efficacy given the booster and 2 week wait after that. I'm in phase 3 so it will be a bit. My wife is breastfeeding so they put her in phase 4...didn't know there was a phase 4 lol.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Well bad news. Turns out there is no stock being held back as was said. They have been taking right off the line for two weeks now. So our stock will stay flat as of now. Sucks we thought it might double.

https://t.co/vcbAiZBS1E

Why can't the Bennett Center at the fairgrounds be used as a vaccination site?

Thread Information