Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Is there any way to tell if they are using the Moderna vaccine? This is the 2nd shot.
    If you go to the webpage where you sign up, the download documents are about the Moderna vaccine. I looked this morning for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    That is what happened to me also. After that I started over trying to register again. After I filled out the information again I did get a response finally that my application had already been received so that is somewhat encouraging. I still have not received an email so I guess I just have to wait for that before I can schedule an appointment.
    . . to clarify. . I received the email that told me I could schedule an appointment. When I tried to do that (even using a 100 mile range), I got the "There are no records available". Presuming a "record" is an available appointment. Disappointing but will just keep trying. . .

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . to clarify. . I received the email that told me I could schedule an appointment. When I tried to do that (even using a 100 mile range), I got the "There are no records available". Presuming a "record" is an available appointment. Disappointing but will just keep trying. . .
    Keep trying. It took me 4 hours before I got one to go through.

I got frustrated and quit looking for half an hour then at 11:30 am I got through to a Pod Site.

I would gladly volunteer as a POD worker if they would give me my two shots first! I bet many people would be willing to help. I can't give shots but I am really good at herding people and customer service!

Re: GSP Health in Medford - after getting an appointment for my in-laws, I heard that they are giving priority to people that received their 1st shot at that facility. A bummer for sure, but I understand. They say they don't know how much vaccine they get until that week. I guess it's back to the vaccinate.oklahoma.gov portal.....
    FYI

Loved the quote in the Oklahoman from Keith Reed, Oklahoma Deputy Commissioner of Health "the vaccine portal...has seen extreme activity" (250,000 registrations). The state has 3 million residents - how many did they think would sign up? Uh, how about 3 million? Maybe design a system that can handle more than 10%.....

Re: GSP Health in Medford - after getting an appointment for my in-laws, I heard that they are giving priority to people that received their 1st shot at that facility. A bummer for sure, but I understand. They say they don't know how much vaccine they get until that week. I guess it's back to the vaccinate.oklahoma.gov portal.....
    FYI
    Very interesting, because when I scheduled our appointments there were no qualifying questions at all. I actually moved our appointments from Canton to Medford, and neither one asked for qualifying information and it shows our names in the appropriate time slot. Hopefully, if we drive a couple of hours we will be able to get the vacine.

8. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Loved the quote in the Oklahoman from Keith Reed, Oklahoma Deputy Commissioner of Health "the vaccine portal...has seen extreme activity" (250,000 registrations). The state has 3 million residents - how many did they think would sign up? Uh, how about 3 million? Maybe design a system that can handle more than 10%.....
    In their defense. Since most polls say only 50%ish say their going to get vaccinated that cuts it to 1.5 million. Then you can figure that those that pretty much know they will be in Phase 3 or 4 might wait until the initial rush is over. Plus the 50,000 or so that already have been vaccinated or were already scheduled. Then there's those, albeit not too many, that are getting vaccinated through other means. So no where near 3mil would be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by RYSOONER1 View Post
    Very interesting, because when I scheduled our appointments there were no qualifying questions at all. I actually moved our appointments from Canton to Medford, and neither one asked for qualifying information and it shows our names in the appropriate time slot. Hopefully, if we drive a couple of hours we will be able to get the vacine.
    I spoke with the Medford director. I would check before driving up there.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    I secured an appointment in Enid on the 20th after you posted this. At that time they had multiple choices. I'm guessing the availability was plentiful due to the culture in Enid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I secured an appointment in Enid on the 20th after you posted this. At that time they had multiple choices. I'm guessing the availability was plentiful due to the culture in Enid.
    Thx!! I'll keep trying.. .

12. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Volunteers Needed: Oklahoma Volunteer Medical Corps is looking for volunteers to help with vaccination. No medical training necessary. okmrc.org

I spoke with the Medford director. I would check before driving up there.
    Will do, thanks for the tip. Going to keep our slots booked, and maybe just call that week. Have a friend who is scheduled for Tuesday, so we'll see what happens with him also.

Have discovered that random openings are occasionally happening. Found several available slots in Ada yesterday, but missed out on getting them scheduled before someone beat me to them. Checked three different times today and found 6 available, once again in Ada, and my wife and I were able to book them. It only takes a minute or so to scroll the county health department list, so a few random checks through out the day is not that time consuming. I assume these are cancellations that open up, for whatever reason. Mine is not to ask why, but to say "thank you".

^

That is good to know.

When my number is called, I'll be happy to drive a couple of hours to get my jab.

Has anyone heard of an hospital in Oklahoma having to throw away vaccine doses like they are in New York?

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-...d-doses-2021-1

A family friend who is under 65 took her mom to get vaccinated, and ended up getting the vaccine herself. Apparently cancellations are frequent, and once the vaccine is brought up to temperature they need to use it then or it will be tossed.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    A family friend who is under 65 took her mom to get vaccinated, and ended up getting the vaccine herself. Apparently cancellations are frequent, and once the vaccine is brought up to temperature they need to use it then or it will be tossed.
    The only risk in that type of situation is that the second shot might not be available in the window in which you need it.

That's my concern.

Moderna's doesn't need dilution and can be kept at room temp for 12 hours and can't be refrozen or put back in the fridge after it's been thawed, Pfizer's needs dilution and the undiluted vials can be kept at room temp for 2 hours and then the unmixed/undiluted vials can go back in the refrigerator (up to 5 days in a fridge), but can't be refrozen. At least that's what I gather from what I've read, but if anybody knows any different, feel free to correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The only risk in that type of situation is that the second shot might not be available in the window in which you need it.

That's my concern.
    That was my first question, but apparently she received a card which allows her to sign up for the second shot. I'll be curious to see if she's able to.

Looks like Trump administration is going with what Biden administration suggested and releasing the second dose reserves. This pushes the responsibility of making sure a second dose is available to the state/local level and provides an incentive to immunize the higher risk groups faster. We will eventually run into a manufacturing bottleneck again, but at least this will provide a short term boost in immunizations.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/polit...out/index.html

That's annoying. Hopefully, that doesn't happen too frequently with the cancellations.

Health Department just posted this! If you are eligible, jump on there fast!

OCCHD is holding multiple vaccination clinics this week & appointments are available on the state's scheduling tool. Our agency plans clinics as vaccine allotments are made available to us. To receive the #COVID19vaccine, you must have an appointment: https://vaccinate.oklahoma.gov/

24. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    Health Department just posted this! If you are eligible, jump on there fast!

OCCHD is holding multiple vaccination clinics this week & appointments are available on the state's scheduling tool. Our agency plans clinics as vaccine allotments are made available to us. To receive the #COVID19vaccine, you must have an appointment: https://vaccinate.oklahoma.gov/
    The link just takes you to the registration page. I've already registered and am in Group 2. There is nothing on that page to make an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    The link just takes you to the registration page. I've already registered and am in Group 2. There is nothing on that page to make an appointment.
    Yes, that's why I said if you are eligible. It's like the Land Run for those who are 65+ right now!

Thread Information