Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Good info:

- 180,404 Oklahomans have registered on the portal
    - 101,129 of those are currently eligible for vaccine
    - 2,761 appointments scheduled so far
    - 30k emails have been sent alerting people of eligibility

https://twitter.com/KassieMcClung/st...037551622?s=20

We got 30k shots this week and getting 46k next week.
    And in the meantime, Israel, with roughly double the population of OK, has been surpassing 150K vaccinations per *day* since 12/20/20.

Thursday, January 07, 2021

The Vaccine Scheduler Portal is operational as of 8 a.m. this morning to allow eligible Oklahomans to schedule their COVID-19 vaccination. Over the course of today and tomorrow, OSDH will provide a mid-day and end of day update as the portal is launched and established. We do not anticipate this cadence to continue into next week.

Updates as of 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 7:

180,404 Oklahomans have registered through the portal to receive notifications on eligibility
    Of these, 101,129 are currently within an eligible priority group to receive the vaccine
    Phase 1: 4,037
    Phase 2 eligible groups: 97,092
    2,761 appointments have been scheduled by Oklahomans eligible to receive the vaccine
    The portal’s scheduling feature launched at 8 a.m. Since that time, 30,000 email notifications have been sent to eligible Oklahomans
    Users will continue to receive email notifications throughout the day as appointments become available in the system
    Additional appointments are being added into the system today and will continue throughout this week
    Current priority groups that are eligible for vaccine appointments as part of Phase 2 of the vaccine plan:
    Healthcare workers
    Expanded healthcare worker group such as allied health fields and general outpatient health service (i.e. behavioral health, dentists)
    First responders
    Oklahomans aged 65+

What to expect when registering:

Successful registration within the portal does not guarantee an appointment. Registering only means you will be notified when you are eligible to schedule your appointment.
    We’ve received reports that some users are encountering challenges with manually entering addresses that don’t perfectly match what USPS has on file. OSDH is aware of the issue and a system fix is being implemented today.
    We ask for continued patience as we work out any initial issues/bugs discovered while setting up the portal to be operational.
    Email notifications: Currently, there are only two emails people will receive from this system.
    1) A registration confirmation email. This confirms that you are registered in the system and will be notified when you are eligible to receive the vaccine.
    2) A phase confirmation email with a link to set up an appointment. This email will be sent when you are eligible to receive the vaccine and an appointment is available in your area.
    It's important that users answer each questionnaire question with "yes" as it applies to them. Do not skip over this part as these answers are what put you into the correct priority group. For example, if a person is age 65 or older, they must choose “yes” to indicate they belong in this phase group.
    Unfortunately, the portal does not currently allow a user to change responses after the form has been submitted. In the case that incorrect responses are submitted, a new email account must be used to create a new registration.
    If a user has to abandon a registration session, be advised that they will need to wait 24 hours for the system to reset before being able to use the same email address again.
    Due to the large volume of individuals visiting the portal, and the resulting volume of email notifications to be sent, the system is issuing emails on a batch basis. Emails are sent out over a span of time in the order in which registrations occurred. As a result, some emails may be delayed. Emails should be received within 24 hours during these peak volume times.

Reminders:

Appointment availability is dependent upon vaccine supply. New appointments are added as vaccine supply allows. Additionally, please be patient with the scheduler portal today as we work to ensure all available appointments are properly added throughout the day.
    You must register at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov to receive email notifications regarding vaccine appointment availability.
    If Oklahomans are a part of a priority group and phase eligible to receive the vaccine, but are not able to schedule an appointment, there will be additional opportunities to do so next Thursday. Those residents will be notified of their ability to schedule appointments via email.

Additional Resources:

https://oklahoma.gov/covid19/newsroo...adAQwDX2AuSV1s

If you don't mind driving a couple of hours to Medford, go to gsphealth.org. They currently have many slots available for Thursday, Jan 28.

I registered around 3:00 on January 6 and just now received my confirmation and Phase email - so hang in there if you have not received yours!

If you have not gotten your confirmation of signup email - did you check the tab to get in email form ? Otherwise they will call you to let you know what phase you're in, and good luck with that...

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Good info:

- 180,404 Oklahomans have registered on the portal
    - 101,129 of those are currently eligible for vaccine
    - 2,761 appointments scheduled so far
    This gives some insight into what the problem is. According to the CDC, 264,000 doses have been distributed to Oklahoma, yet out of the 101k currently eligible that signed up, they could only schedule 2,761 appointments. We clearly do not have the infrastructure in place to actually meet demand. They can send us all the doses they want, but until there's enough people and places to handle and administer the vaccine, this is not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    And in the meantime, Israel, with roughly double the population of OK, has been surpassing 150K vaccinations per *day* since 12/20/20.
    Yeah, but they have a robust public health infrastructure. It definitely seems like we're going to have to find and use public emergency resources if we want to even get close to Israel's vaccination rate.

What's crazy is that, even at our slow pace, Oklahoma is one of the better states in terms of vaccinations per capita.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    This gives some insight into what the problem is. According to the CDC, 264,000 doses have been distributed to Oklahoma, yet out of the 101k currently eligible that signed up, they could only schedule 2,761 appointments. We clearly do not have the infrastructure in place to actually meet demand. They can send us all the doses they want, but until there's enough people and places to handle and administer the vaccine, this is not going to work.
    Especially since the vaccines have limited shelf lives of 6 months:

The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines both have a shelf life of up to six months, but Pfizer's requires ultra-cold storage to last that long, the company said in November.

That means Pfizer's vaccine must be kept at about minus 70 degrees Celsius (minus 158 Fahrenheit), which requires a special kind of commercial freezer. The vaccine can only be stored for five days at regular refrigeration temperatures.

Pfizer said the vaccine is being distributed in thermal shippers, which maintain ultra-cold temperatures using dry ice. The vaccine can last up to 30 days by refilling these shippers with dry ice every five days.

On the other hand, Moderna said its vaccine can be stored for up to six months at standard freezer temperatures around minus 20 degrees Celsius (minus 4 Fahrenheit) or 30 days refrigerated at about 2 to 8 degrees Celsius (36 to 46 Fahrenheit).

I so think the rate at which the vaccines are distributed will jump significantly once they're not having to limit and control is to specific groups. Just the logistics of getting just those targeted folks in and scheduled I think adds a lot of complications. Surely, once it's being made more available to the general public the options for getting the vaccines will be much more widespread and readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I so think the rate at which the vaccines are distributed will jump significantly once they're not having to limit and control is to specific groups. Just the logistics of getting just those targeted folks in and scheduled I think adds a lot of complications. Surely, once it's being made more available to the general public the options for getting the vaccines will be much more widespread and readily available.
    Perhaps the phasing could have been done on a daily basis. Let everyone sign up for a given day. And fill the slots based on what phase you are in. For example if 1,000 appointments are available for tomorrow and 700 people in Phase 1 sign up, the next 300 slots would be available to the next phase.

At some point the numbers need to be ramped up and all available doses needed to be administered as fast as possible, especially with a month or so lag time in order for any benefit to be had from the vaccine.

I just booked my appointment for the shot at UNITY GYM. - Ponca City. I'm phase 2 and got the email at 7 this morning that said I'm eligible.

For next Thursday the 14.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Especially since the vaccines have limited shelf lives of 6 months...
    California just relaxed it's eligibility rules to counter this. I'm sure others will at some point as well.

But even then, it just seems that we don't have enough people and places to actually give the shot. Until it's widely available at retail pharmacies, or we see some sort of mobile setup like testing sites, I don't see how we can reach any level of significant distribution. If the next admin really does want to do a million a day, I hope they have a different plan than how it's being done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I just booked my appointment for the shot at UNITY GYM. - Ponca City. I'm phase 2 and got the email at 7 this morning that said I'm eligible.

For next Thursday the 15.
    Do you live in Kay County?

When I attempted to register I was told I was eligible and went to the page to select my location. I tried several locations but nothing happened and couldn't get any further than that page. Does anyone know if that is normal? I haven't received any kind of email notification so I don't know for sure if I am actually registered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    When I attempted to register I was told I was eligible and went to the page to select my location. I tried several locations but nothing happened and couldn't get any further than that page. Does anyone know if that is normal? I haven't received any kind of email notification so I don't know for sure if I am actually registered.
    Same with me and my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Do you live in Kay County?
    No, It doesn't matter what county you are in, as long as you are registered. I live in Canadian, my daughter is in the medical field and also lives in Canadian. One of her co-workers lives in Cleveland County and both are scheduled in Canadian County.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    This is normal. I put 100 miles for site locations. The further out you go the better chance of getting your shot. All the metro locations said 'none available at this time'. I finally found one and I got in. It takes you through another check point and then listed the time slots. I selected the noon to 12:15 slot because my daughter had tried a later time slot (last week) and it filled so she went back and selected in the middle of the day and got scheduled. I quickly got a conformation email with the details.

19. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

I registered my wife at 5:30PM, Wed. I just got the email response for her a couple minutes ago (1:55PM, Fri). So they are getting them out.

And we're both in Phase 2 but a later group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    This is normal. I put 100 miles for site locations. The further out you go the better chance of getting your shot. All the metro locations said 'none available at this time'. I finally found one and I got in. It takes you through another check point and then listed the time slots. I selected the noon to 12:15 slot because my daughter had tried a later time slot (last week) and it filled so she went back and selected in the middle of the day and got scheduled. I quickly got a conformation email with the details.
    I'm Phase 2 and received the email that said I could sign up for an appointment and have tried probably 20 places. . some close, some much further away. When I get to the appointment page, it says "There are no records to display". . . .on every page. . .spent 3 hours on hold with the State Department of Health before I gave up. .

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    It hacks me off every time I see a news story and a worker implies the issue is vaccine supply, when I know the supply is rolling in a lot faster than they are getting it out.

“The key point is we can only do this as quickly as we can with vaccination availability,” said Fleming.

https://kfor.com/news/local/oklahoma...ed-in-minutes/

I'm sure if pressed, she would say she meant, as fast and they can arrange staff to give vaccinations but that wasn't how it was presented in the video where they focused on a vial of vaccine while she made that claim.

I believe the largest issue is lack of staff, due in part to overload with Covid patients but more so, failure to plan ahead, get people trained and get infrastructure in place.

I realize most on here want to dog Oklahoma as much as possible, but looking at the CDC per 100k Oklahoma isnt doing that bad.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

23. Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Since staff/sites seem to be the problem I have what might be a dumb question. Do injection givers have to be licensed nurses, practitioners or such? Could EMTs, firefighters or maybe non-medical OSDH and county health dept employees be trained and used to administer injections. I remember when mom was in nursing school and practiced at home. Inter-muscular injections must be done safely but it isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    I'm Phase 2 and received the email that said I could sign up for an appointment and have tried probably 20 places. . some close, some much further away. When I get to the appointment page, it says "There are no records to display". . . .on every page. . .spent 3 hours on hold with the State Department of Health before I gave up. .
    That is what happened to me also. After that I started over trying to register again. After I filled out the information again I did get a response finally that my application had already been received so that is somewhat encouraging. I still have not received an email so I guess I just have to wait for that before I can schedule an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by RYSOONER1 View Post
    If you don't mind driving a couple of hours to Medford, go to gsphealth.org. They currently have many slots available for Thursday, Jan 28.
    Is there any way to tell if they are using the Moderna vaccine? This is the 2nd shot.

Thread Information