Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

To this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They refiled the revised building permit application for the office building:

For now, they are only doing the slightly modified office building.

The hotel will likely come in a future phase.

The Innovation Hall was always a part of MAPS 4.
    Right I was on my phone it was hard to edit out the other pictures because I’m in a rush right now. But regarding the office building on the corner can we get some comparison photos of the original proposal to what we have now? I’ll do it myself when I get time.

The issue I have with this is that they got awarded almost $14M in TIF for the original proposal. Now that the plans have been watered down, they don't get less TIF money?

There needs to be some checks and balances re if the amount of TIF money is still valid if the development doesn't get built as proposed when TIF was requested/awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    The issue I have with this is that they got awarded almost $14M in TIF for the original proposal. Now that the plans have been watered down, they don't get less TIF money?

There needs to be some checks and balances re if the amount of TIF money is still valid if the development doesn't get built as proposed when TIF was requested/awarded.
    The work-around is that none of it has been cancelled, and the cost is even higher than when the TIF was approved. The hotel is still tentatively scheduled to be built, so until it is cancelled, there likely is no recourse to lower the TIF funding.

Convergence project in the Innovation District Drone view on Youtube https://youtu.be/hMntDxaiWA8

Quote Originally Posted by gaeddert2 View Post
    Convergence project in the Innovation District Drone view on Youtube https://youtu.be/hMntDxaiWA8
    Awesome.

Long been a big fan of your photography and videos!

Default Re: Innovation Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I have absolutely zero substance to this and I promise I am not being libelous but only a series of spidey senses going off. Is this guy going to be on American Greed? It follows the same script as every single one of those episodes, a relatively unknown guy rises up through the ranks of a city's corporate world, funding all sorts of big ideas and tries to make a huge impression in the city. Only to be found with 5 cents to his name and millions of dollars in debt to hundreds of different investors.

Is this guy legit? Pokes sounds like you know of him well.
    Was downtown today and remembered this building being echo energy. What's the deal with this place?

https://www.echoinvestmentcap.com/

This website feels scammy and full of bs buzzwords.
    and somehow they are involved in some vague way with the data science department at OU?

https://www.ou.edu/coe/dsai/industryengagement/echo

Wat

They aren't messing around!

Blog Entries

Looks like the continuous saga of steel crane in our city. Welcome signs of progress. Thanks again for the pics, Pete.

You gotta build down before you see upward progress, and as cheesy as that sounds, i am happy to see there being so many projects needing that plunge downward to give the city some much-needed verticality.

Also, what's the time table for this one?

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    You gotta build down before you see upward progress, and as cheesy as that sounds, i am happy to see there being so many projects needing that plunge downward to give the city some much-needed verticality.
    I live nearby. I have watched the construction site pour concrete at 5am for weeks and weeks. I cannot imagine how much concrete they've already poured at this site.

Is it just me, or does it still look like they are building the hotel? Because I see elevator shafts going up.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Is it just me, or does it still look like they are building the hotel? Because I see elevator shafts going up.
    Maybe for the parking garage? Good question though.

I'm sure they are just put in now for the future hotel.

I bet they stop at ground level for the time being.

The hotel was never canceled. Only delayed, if I remember correctly. So it would make sense to have that ready to go when it is developed (which I believe it will be, in the end).

The Innovation Hall that is part of this project and funded by MAPS 4 has been scaled back from 2 stories to 1.

They will have to refile for design approval.

The Innovation Hall that is part of this project and funded by MAPS 4 has been scaled back from 2 stories to 1.

They will have to refile for design approval.

I know knee jerk reaction to this will be negative but what is your opinion of this being scaled back.

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    I know knee jerk reaction to this will be negative but what is your opinion of this being scaled back.
    No idea what to think at this point other than the developers of the neighboring office building and the future hotel got a sweet deal.

What I find strange about this is that one would think the original plans for the Innovation Hall were based on some idea of the programming, the scope of their business, etc.

This is not like a hotel, or office building, or apartments, where one can decide to lop off a floor or two to save some money. I would have thought the original size of this would have had something to do with what they were planning. It seems like a "scale back" is a bigger deal in this instance than just a reaction to construction costs, etc.

I guess I may not be entirely clear what the Innovation Hall is all about.

MAPS has lost its way. Should have stuck with just funding large City-owned capital projects.

Default Re: Innovation Plaza

More renderings:

Just a friendly reminder of what we were originally fed. It’s gonna be interesting to compare the final product to these renderings.

Thread Information