Widgets Magazine

Thread: Steak the Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Steak Experience

I don't understand The Ranch or the north Mahogany location. At a price point that requires a good experience and great ambiance, why would someone want to pull up to a generic building that could easily be mistaken for a Chilis or Golden Corral? .It Just doesn't make any sense to me. I do think the downtown Mahogany is fantastic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    I don't understand The Ranch or the north Mahogany location. At a price point that requires a good experience and great ambiance, why would someone want to pull up to a generic building that could easily be mistaken for a Chilis or Golden Corral? .It Just doesn't make any sense to me. I do think the downtown Mahogany is fantastic.
    I've eaten some fantastic meals in crappy buildings and crappy meals in fantastic buildings. What's your point? You pay for looking at the building or dining on great food? I guess anyone wanting to have a great restaurant should just look for the coolest building. Job done. LOL

3. Default Re: Steak Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I've eaten some fantastic meals in crappy buildings and crappy meals in fantastic buildings. What's your point? You pay for looking at the building or dining on great food? I guess anyone wanting to have a great restaurant should just look for the coolest building. Job done. LOL
    You beat me to it. If there's great food and great service it could be in a shack and I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It’s not about cool buildings vs a crappy buildings and food quality. Of course there is good food everywhere. I’m just saying If I’m going to pay for “upscale” I am going to want a patio that doesn’t just overlook a parking lot. To many options to get high quality and good ambiance in OKC to compromise IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    The Ranch exterior is bland, but it has a very unique, comfortable and classy vibe inside. It's a cozy spot. I only make it there once or twice a year but it is the best steak in OKC and a fantastic restaurant.

Our go-to server there has moved into management at the Norman location, which is a bummer, but we really aren't dining out now anyway.

Sooo...This thread is about the "Steak Experience". Any info on that?

Thread Information