Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda/News

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda/News

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Apparently Trump completely disgracing himself in the end wasn’t enough to make state leaders rethink the “Trump Highway” which would rename part of US-287 in the panhandle. The bill has cleared the transportation committee.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-an...3276eee56.html
    There may be no other part of the state that would appreciate that move more than the panhandle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    There may be no other part of the state that would appreciate that move more than the panhandle.
    Which I sad as I’d think the panhandle would be more democrat than Republican.

3. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda/News

Which I sad as I’d think the panhandle would be more democrat than Republican.
    Oh nooooooo.......... verrrry conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Oh nooooooo.......... verrrry conservative.
    It’s interesting. Around October of last year I was told to take my mask off or they would refuse me service. I honestly had no problem removing it if they want to increase their risk then whatever but I found it bizarre.

Blog Entries

It’s interesting. Around October of last year I was told to take my mask off or they would refuse me service. I honestly had no problem removing it if they want to increase their risk then whatever but I found it bizarre.
    It's a different world there. I can't imagine fitting in, unless I was born and raised there.

The county in Oklahoma that was most pro Trump in 2020 was a panhandle county, Cimarron at 92%.

If we are gonna name a road in some part of the state after Trump, I'd vote for the panhandle. That area is already hell. The best thing I can say about it is, at least it's not McAlister.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    If we are gonna name a road in some part of the state after Trump, I'd vote for the panhandle. That area is already hell. The best thing I can say about it is, at least it's not McAlister.
    I Vote I-40 right through OKC be named the Donald J Trump Patriot Highway. Leftest turn west and keep going til you see Ca.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I Vote I-40 right through OKC be named the Donald J Trump Patriot Highway. Leftest turn west and keep going til you see Ca.
    Yeah who needs those leftist and their Ivy League schools and superior quality of life.

The local wastewater treatment facility would be more appropriate than a public thoroughfare.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The local wastewater treatment facility would be more appropriate than a public thoroughfare.
    I vote for the Lexington correctional center. He may get to visit soon.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...qmy-story.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    You must mean I-35 while driving north. Anyway, you surely strongly believe that Trump was the best president since Reagan. No, I mean since Abraham Lincoln. After all, Roger Stone, who Trump pardoned, thinks Trump was the best president since Lincoln. I know that, because I heard Stone say that on the Alex Jones Show. But really to me, Alex Jones and the guests on his show only amount to sheer entertainment not to be taken seriously, unless you're a profoundly gullible fool, who also end up buying his snake oil. The BS Alex Jones puts out is kinda like a movie, such as Idiocracy. It is so bad that it's good. The Onion is another way to think of his crap. That we still seem to be living in the Twilight Zone is yet another way to look at it.

Oklahoma County went for Trump by only 49.2% to 48.1% for Biden, so I don't think the size of the love and admiration for Trump in Oklahoma City is worthy of any great honor.

12. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda/News

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    You must mean I-35 while driving north. Anyway, you surely strongly believe that Trump was the best president since Reagan. No, I mean since Abraham Lincoln. After all, Roger Stone, who Trump pardoned, thinks Trump was the best president since Lincoln. I know that, because I heard Stone say that on the Alex Jones Show. But really to me, Alex Jones and the guests on his show only amount to just entertainment not to be taken seriously, unless you're a profoundly gullible fool, who also end up buying his snake oil. The BS Alex Jones puts out is kinda like a movie, such as Idiocracy. It is so bad that it's good. The Onion is another way to think of his crap. That we still seem to be living in the Twilight Zone is yet another way to look at it.

Also Oklahoma County went for Trump only by 49.2% to 48.1% for Biden, so I don't think the size of the love and admiration for Trump in Oklahoma City is worthy of any great honor.
    Sad to say but anymore that sounds like CNN or MSNBC.

Even CBS seems not be interested in accuracy anymore after the hit job done on FL Gov. Desantis on 60 Minute Sunday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Even CBS seems not be interested in accuracy anymore after the hit job done on FL Gov. Desantis on 60 Minute Sunday.
    Let me translate republicanish: "hit job" = "exposed my ineptness or corruption".

No, I think he means the crooked edit of the interview 60 minutes ran with. Even multiple democrat officials in Florida are calling out the lies that 60 minutes pushed.

Even politifact couldn't defend it.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...-desantis-flo/

Have you seen the comparison of the uncut answer and the way 60 minutes edited it?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DailyCall...95491233910785

If you can say that wasn't at the minimum very misleading compared to his actual response, I want some of what you're smoking.

Not to mention the entire pay to play lie has been completely debunked. Something 60 minutes could have done if they wanted to. But they had an agenda and a story to tell. And it's not like this is a CBS first. We really shouldn't be surprised anymore.

Desantis really scares the left.

15. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda/News

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Let me translate republicanish: "hit job" = "exposed my ineptness or corruption".
    Let me translate Rover's factless and ignorant answer. Defend the Dem/media machine no matter how completely elementary and laughably obvious they were.

16. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda/News

No, I think he means the crooked edit of the interview 60 minutes ran with. Even multiple democrat officials in Florida are calling out the lies that 60 minutes pushed.

Even politifact couldn't defend it.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...-desantis-flo/

Have you seen the comparison of the uncut answer and the way 60 minutes edited it?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DailyCall...95491233910785

If you can say that wasn't at the minimum very misleading compared to his actual response, I want some of what you're smoking.

Desantis really scares the left.
    Had CBS done even the most basic research, they would have seen the DEMOCRAT governor's of Colorado and California (just to name two) have the exact same situations with utilizing grocery store chain pharmacies to administer Covid vaccinations that gave generously to their campaigns.

Nevermind Publix has 700+ Florida stores making it an ideal outlet for widespread Covid vavvinations.

It wasn't misleading, it was a deliberate, dishonest, 3rd rate "gotcha" hack job.

The bill that would allow drivers to murder protesters seems poised to become law:

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-an...e88e04c92.html

The bill that would allow drivers to murder protesters seems poised to become law:

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-an...e88e04c92.html
    So the law is completely unnecessary and is pandering, and I oppose it on that view. But that bill does not allow drivers to just murder people. It actually doesn't really do anything (in that regards), since we already have laws about self defense. It explicitly requires a reasonable belief that fleeing was necessary, and that care is taken when fleeing. So if someone just plows into protestors they can still be charged.

Of course, in the Tulsa incident, which this bill is pandering to, the driver WASN'T charged, because we already have laws in regards to self defense in place.

I'm more upset about the part of the bill that appears to criminalize blocking any roads during a protest. Protests are supposed to be inconvenient and disruptive. That's kind of often the point.

I'm more upset about the part of the bill that appears to criminalize blocking any roads during a protest. Protests are supposed to be inconvenient and disruptive. That's kind of often the point.
    exactly this... for all the people who are screaming about loss of freedoms... this is an attack right at the 1st amendment and helps to limit a cornerstone of what is American Freedom.

That law is going to convince crazy people that they can murder protestors with their cars and then they'll just get charged anyway after they do so, but by then it'll be multiple dead bodies too late. Our state legislature is an absolute clownshow.

^^^^ that’s what I’m worried about. While Jerry isn’t wrong about the law legalized murder basically it could definitely lead to misinterpretation by some older white guy who is already mad about progressive change and it could be a very bad outcome.

22. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda/News

^^^^ that’s what I’m worried about. While Jerry isn’t wrong about the law legalized murder basically it could definitely lead to misinterpretation by some older white guy who is already mad about progressive change and it could be a very bad outcome.
    So, last year, l was driving home from the airport after my last trip to OK. I was driving down a segment of interstate that runs near the Aurora civic center where a protest was going on about the Elijah McClain police shooting. As l drove by, hundreds of protestors had blocked the north side of the highway and hundreds more were pouring over the center concrete barrier to the southbound side so l barely missed the blockade. After l got home, the news had a special report from the interstate l had just passed, where the driver of a jeep had driven through the protest. He panicked when protestors blocked him, another vehicle hit him while blocking and protestors started throwing things, hitting and rocking his Jeep. As he drove past protestors, one pulled a rifle and shot at the jeep 6 times - missing the jeep but hitting 2 protestors.

I can see the validity of a law protecting people who are being held against their will. Hindering their movement is a violation of civil rights it's clear drivers need to be allowed to leave.

Look if you truly believe your life is in danger than drive and don’t look back. I get the frustration of these people blocking roads. At some point it’s too much. But that isn’t a right to mow people down. I don’t know what the solution is but it’s getting bad. I’m worried with the latest two high profile killings we are going to see BLM protest 2.0 very soon.

Here’s the video of the latest killing: https://vimeo.com/536331629/comments

It’s weird at the end how the police officer knew it was bad. What I can’t figure out if he actually felt bad or if he just knows he messed up and is in trouble.

25. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda/News

Look if you truly believe your life is in danger than drive and donít look back. I get the frustration of these people blocking roads. At some point itís too much. But that isnít a right to mow people down. I donít know what the solution is but itís getting bad. Iím worried with the latest two high profile killings we are going to see BLM protest 2.0 very soon.
    Mowing people down is not a good thing, but if people start hitting my glass, throwing rocks, swinging bats, screaming and spitting and blocking my exit, l'm mowing and they really better move.

Thread Information