Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

Northwest OKC Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

Work has started at 1900 Linwood for a brewery and taproom for Cross Timbers.

They will be taking the large industrial space behind Dead People's Stuff as well as the patio facing the old train tracks.

Default Re: Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

All that work going on makes so much sense now.

Pete, I know there were a lot of properties changing hands a few years ago with some heavy hitters getting in on Linwood. Any other developments you see happening in the area any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pete, I know there were a lot of properties changing hands a few years ago with some heavy hitters getting in on Linwood. Any other developments you see happening in the area any time soon?
    Not that I know of. There have been no planning documents or permits filed.

Blog Entries

Meant to tell you about this, had heard it was happening a few months ago... glad it's out there now

I drive past this every day and had noticed all the cool fencing and work going on, always love new brewery options!

It sounds like there is a BBQ joint being planned for nearby too from a quick look a while back at the building permits.

7. Default Re: Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

Linwood Blvd always seemed like it'd be a great corridor for fun stuff to go in. Now they just need to restore the streetcar line to Linwood neighborhood so I don't have to get an uber home

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    Linwood Blvd always seemed like it'd be a great corridor for fun stuff to go in. Now they just need to restore the streetcar line to Linwood neighborhood so I don't have to get an uber home
    I mean you've already got the billboard about hot dogs causing cancer, what could be more fun than that LOL

Was this space that the Dead People's Stuff folks were using or has it been vacant?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Was this space that the Dead People's Stuff folks were using or has it been vacant?
    Dead People's Stuff is in the front building facing Linwood.

This is the industrial building behind.

it's been a few years since i've been, but dead people's stuff used to occupy the center section of 1900 linwood... both the front section and the flat-roofed industrial section behind it. unless dead people's stuff has drastically reduced its footprint, i'd guess that cross timbers will use just the eastern gabled section of the building and the adjoining dock.

Help me here. I recall this overall property was Masterbuilt Motors during the 1970s and 80s; Jack Smithschick bought it in the early 1990s and moved Architectural Antiques there after he sold his building located a couple doors east of Spaghetti Warehouse in Bricktown; Smithschick sold this property to Chip Fudge and family within the last 10 years, and they operated Dead People's Stuff, as well as the current expanded property use?

^

I believe that is all correct.

14. Default Re: Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

Sign is up! Getting close.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3281.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	4.78 MB 
ID:	17155

15. Default Re: Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

They are planning for a November opening.

Cross Timbers is having its grand opening this weekend from noon to midnight on Saturday and noon to 6 on Sunday. They'll have food trucks as well.

From then on hours will be Wed & Thur- 4p-10p, Fri & Sat- 12p-12a, Sun- 12p-6p.

I absolutely love this development with Edge BBQ, Dead People's Stuff and now this cool space with a great covered patio. Dead People's Stuff also has a ton of interesting items on their back patio and the whole space just has tons of character.

I took all these photos last night just before a soft opening.

This place looks absolutely fabulous. Wish them great success. Love that little fire pit area.

OKC now has some super-cool breweries and taprooms that have taken former industrial properties and converted them into some of the best urban spaces anywhere.

Stonecloud, Fair Weather Friend, Angry Scotsman, OK Cider, Skydance, Prairie, Broke Brewing, Core4, Anthem, Elk Valley, Frenzy, Lively, Twisted Spike...

And several more planned, including the COOP project is the former armory.

19. Default Re: Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

Next time I grab some BBQ at edgecraft I am walking over. Looks really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Great view!!

It seems to me that this is an ideal location for some occasional live entertainment, either indoors or outdoors, since there is no nearby residential to bother.

When I drove by there last Saturday afternoon there were so many cars parked on the street it was amazing. I always wonder how so many people find out about these cool businesses. Especially when they are in such out of the way places. When I did homeless outreach (before COVID) there were many a time that we served our friends in this area being that it is so close to the day shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    When I drove by there last Saturday afternoon there were so many cars parked on the street it was amazing. I always wonder how so many people find out about these cool businesses. Especially when they are in such out of the way places.
    With all humility, I can guarantee you it was largely due to the Friday OKCTalk social media posts on Cross Timbers.

We had nearly 40,000 (!) engagements on our Instagram post alone and over 3,600 'likes'. For comparison, The Oklahoman may get a few hundred likes for its most popular posts and most get below 100; OKCTalk has averaged over 2,400 thus far in 2021.

Numbers were huge on Facebook and Twitter as well. OKCTalk is an absolute force on social media; our posts get exponentially more engagement than any other social media account in the entire state. And social media is where the younger people who are interested in this type of place get their news.

Those are very interesting numbers. Thanks for sharing.

25. Default Re: Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

This just feels like a win for Cross Timbers, Dead People's Stuff and Edgecraft. Lots of traffic in this area for all those businesses.

Thread Information