Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Unless he signed a non compete clause when he was associated with The FRANCHISE.
    I bet not. They were shedding employees rapidly back then and they.normally do the.non-compete when the on-site talent makes the decision to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I bet not. They were shedding employees rapidly back then and they.normally do the.non-compete when the on-site talent makes the decision to leave.
    non competes are very very hard to enforce in Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    non competes are very very hard to enforce in Oklahoma
    Yes, they are (according to my lawyer)! ...especially if it is not your decision to leave (fired).

I really liked Steely. Eddie on the Franchise just wears on me - he's probably a great guy, but just not for me. ...but at least they talk sports and don't do a (very annoying) 30 min birthday segment during my morning drive, like the Animal does.

4. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

Absolutely official. Dusty just said goodbye to Mark. Dusty will be on two more days but Mark is off so this was their last show together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Absolutely official. Dusty just said goodbye to Mark. Dusty will be on two more days but Mark is off so this was their last show together.
    Man, that stinks.

word is that dusty is going to ESPNU/SiriusXM

Gonna launch a podcast plus the color analysis job. Also going to guest spot on some of the ESPN shows.

Just got burnt out, wanted to make a change and tired of Traber.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Gonna launch a podcast plus the color analysis job. Also going to guest spot on some of the ESPN shows.

Just got burnt out, wanted to make a change and tired of Traber.
    Heard him just a bit ago. Told listeners there were lots of good reasons to still listen to wwls. Talked about most of the shows, and then when it came to Traber's show he said "there's the one after us that has good ratings and a lot of people like". LOL. Was as polite as he could be but hearing him say it, you definitely got the message about his feelings towards Traber.

9. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Heard him just a bit ago. Told listeners there were lots of good reasons to still listen to wwls. Talked about most of the shows, and then when it came to Traber's show he said "there's the one after us that has good ratings and a lot of people like". LOL. Was as polite as he could be but hearing him say it, you definitely got the message about his feelings towards Traber.
    He also said at another time today something pretty close to "I've loved working with most everyone here. There is one exception". Not a direct quote but pretty close.

10. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

I wish him well. He does a good job on the TV games. Climbing the ladder!

Everyone predicted it, but it still sucks. Oh well, wish him the best. He's very talented and I think he's going to continue moving up the ladder.

Dusty did both the Cotton Bowl and Peach Bowl TV broadcasts.

Did a really nice job.

13. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Did a really nice job.
    I enjoyed hearing him on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Did a really nice job.
    Dusty is quickly becoming one of ESPN's most requested commentators. With his no nonsense commentary and insight, especially on the defensive side of the ball, might make him the "Tony Romo" of College Football Commentators. and i'm all here for it.

15. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

The mid-day show with Mark Rogers for now at least has been rebranded "The Middle of the Day Show". Very unique!!

16. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    Dusty is quickly becoming one of ESPN's most requested commentators. With his no nonsense commentary and insight, especially on the defensive side of the ball, might make him the "Tony Romo" of College Football Commentators. and i'm all here for it.
    He's always been very good at simply explaining defenses for guys like me that love to watch football but never got into the technical play calling. Like what Cover 1, 2 and 3 are or what it means to cover the A, B or C gap. This works as well for him on TV as it does on the radio.

17. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

He's always been very good at simply explaining defenses for guys like me that love to watch football but never got into the technical play calling. Like what Cover 1, 2 and 3 are or what it means to cover the A, B or C gap. This works as well for him on TV as it does on the radio.
    Both good comments. I've noticed similarities in their work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    I’m not so sure about that. The original crew calling the Cotton Bowl came down with COVID protocol, so Dusty made sense as a replacement since he knows OU so well.
    Don’t get me wrong, I really like Dusty on the radio, but he has a way to go with calling games. Normally, he is on the 5th, 6th or 7th ESPN daily game, meaning something like Central Florida and South Florida. He tends to be a little generic when calling games. I think he will keep improving.

The mid-day show with Mark Rogers for now at least has been rebranded "The Middle of the Day Show". Very unique!!
    If I recall correctly that was the name pre dusty

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    I’m not so sure about that. The original crew calling the Cotton Bowl came down with COVID protocol, so Dusty made sense as a replacement since he knows OU so well.
    Don’t get me wrong, I really like Dusty on the radio, but he has a way to go with calling games. Normally, he is on the 5th, 6th or 7th ESPN daily game, meaning something like Central Florida and South Florida. He tends to be a little generic when calling games. I think he will keep improving.
    yes, he wasn't originally planned for the Cotton Bowl, but he was set for awhile on the Peach Bowl crew. that is not a low tier event in CFB. he is moving up their roster as he is given more and more jobs.

21. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

Wow! I think you're right but I'd have never remembered that on my own.

Yup. What may have flown under the radar recently is that Mike Steely recently rejoined the Tulsa Sports Animal. I don't think he'll be Tulsa only for long.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    He's rapidly moving up the ladder on ESPN. I think he's already excellent in calling games. He's miles better than some of the talking bricks they've had over the years, like Jesse Palmer.

24. Default Re: WWLS: Dvoracek leaving?

Now Mark Rodgers posted this on FB

"Looking forward to a fresh start for the first time in a long time!"

Now Mark Rodgers posted this on FB

"Looking forward to a fresh start for the first time in a long time!"
    Do you have a screen grab?

Thread Information