Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

1. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'll take some photos and post them tomorrow.

Pretty brutal.
    Apparently you're not the only one. The Morning Animals were talking about it this morning.

Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Apparently you're not the only one. The Morning Animals were talking about it this morning.
    Yep. There are people on my street that have what appear to be a roughly 4 ft x 4 ft x 1 ft trench dug out of their yard near the street. Yikes.

The guys doing the Venice neighborhood are apparently trained better than any of those - the lawns aren't disturbed, there's just a small pile of leaves left where each stack of limbs was.

Doesn't look quite so bad in the light of day. Still, there is a big chunk that was gouged out and a bunch of ruts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    The guys doing the Venice neighborhood are apparently trained better than any of those - the lawns aren't disturbed, there's just a small pile of leaves left where each stack of limbs was.
    We must have had the same crew in Gatewood. Those guys were surgical. Once I raked up the leaves left behind it was like nothing was ever there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The good news is that they picked up my pile today (near 50 Penn Place).

The bad news is that claw thing tore the crap out of my lawn.
    The same thing happened to me. I wouldn't be so upset if my lawn was Bermuda as it would fill back in easily. The fescue is going to take some work to fix.

I guess we are getting a hard lesson on easements lol

The city is picking these branches up with absolutely no regard to lawns. Guess it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I guess we are getting a hard lesson on easements lol

The city is picking these branches up with absolutely no regard to lawns. Guess it is what it is.
    It's not the city, they use contractors, and some of the contractors are doing good jobs, Venice (and Gatewood, and I'm sure other neighborhoods) have had operators that leave no damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    It's not the city, they use contractors, and some of the contractors are doing good jobs, Venice (and Gatewood, and I'm sure other neighborhoods) have had operators that leave no damage at all.
    These contractors are from all over the country. I think the one that did my neighborhood was from Arkansas.

The ones in my neighborhood must have been from West Virginia...

Dug more ground than a coal mine.

They finally got to my neighborhood by OCCC in the past few days. It doesn't look like they did any ground damage down here though; thankfully.

12. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

They supposedly started at Western and went east and west from there because the older areas had more mature trees therefore more debris. Makes sense. Is it my imagination or does it seem though that the further west they get the slower areas get shown as completed. I'm not complaining. Just curious.

13. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

240/sooner is picking up as we speak. Got mine taken yesterday.

14. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

I saw trucks in the neighborhoods off Meridian between 39th and 63rd on the way home yesterday so they're making their way west.

15. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

Also, they definitely did NOT leave as clean of a yard as they did for Pete. It was more like what i would expect; leftover leaves/twigs/smaller branches. But nothing that can't just go in the trash can this week.

Picked up this week in our hood around SW104th and MacArthur

17. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

Just had mine picked up yesterday along with, finally, (and I can't believe it happened on the exact same day!) a long-awaited visit from my arborist to clean up the broken stuff that was beyond my reach! All of the evidence of that October-born destruction was all gone in one day! It's amazing how just getting all of that cleared out of the yard felt like some mental weight was lifted!

18. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

According to todays map they're working in our square mile. YAY!!!!!

They picked up mine a couple days ago. It was 87 days since the ice storm. 87 days.

20. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

On our neighborhoods FB page there are pictures of trucks at the other end of neighborhood. So I bet I'm looking at next week.

Mayor Holt said this on Lackmeyer's chat this morning, lots of money spent (and that's only for the residential, don't know how much the city is spending for its own crews to clean up parks, medians, etc.), wonder how they're going to balance it out (i.e., what services will be cut)?

"We're spending $10 million on the residential clean-up and hired every credible contractor who came along. "

Not to brag or anything . . . The City of The Village had all of the debris cleaned up in less than half the time of the 12 Day Power Outage. (Unlike the previous major ice storm after which the debris laid around for three to six months).

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Not to brag or anything . . . The City of The Village had all of the debris cleaned up in less than half the time of the 12 Day Power Outage. (Unlike the previous major ice storm after which the debris laid around for three to six months).
    Um...

Village = 2.56 square miles
    OKC = 620 square miles

24. Default Re: Status of Ice Storm Debris Pickup

It looks like Round 2 is just about done. Now I wonder how long it will take for all the businesses that stacked debris by the curb will figure out that the city isn't going to pick it up and have it done themselves.

Thread Information