Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bob's Steak & Chop House

Core2shore Bob's Steak & Chop House

Their sign is up at the Omni.

Their space is behind the door and the glass on the left.

https://bobs-steakandchop.com/

Default Re: Bob's Steak & Chop House

Is the dining room small?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Is the dining room small?
    We went to the Bob's at the Barton Creek Omni in October and it had a very similar layout. The dining room looked small but probably sat 70-80.

From the drawing above, looks like 23 tables and booths and a semi-private room, as well as a small bar area.

Any clue when it opens? Not listed yet on their reservations web site. Very excited to try.

Talked with the Corporate Director of Operations again today. He mentioned that new openings "are always a moving target" but that they now anticipate opening on day 1 of the hotel (January 26th) vs. the previously announced February 1st. Could change but good news for any of you staying opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Talked with the Corporate Director of Operations again today. He mentioned that new openings "are always a moving target" but that they now anticipate opening on day 1 of the hotel (January 26th) vs. the previously announced February 1st. Could change but good news for any of you staying opening day.
    thank you for the information

Meant to post this last week but forgot. We had eaten at Bob's in Plano back in November and at that time the GM and some staff at that location were going to train and open the OKC location. Went back January 4th and as of earlier that afternoon that plan had just been nixed and there was no replacement plan in place. Just that corporate would need to find people willing to go. I sure hope they've figured it out!

Bob's opened up their reservations on Open Table earlier this morning. You can now book.

https://bobs-steakandchop.com/reservations/

10. Default Re: Bob's Steak & Chop House

Thanks for the heads up. Im booked for Feb 13

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Im booked for Feb 13
    Thanks. Your post reminded me of V day. We are booked on Friday 2-12 as we have hockey finals out of town Saturday-Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Thanks. Your post reminded me of V day. We are booked on Friday 2-12 as we have hockey finals out of town Saturday-Sunday
    Indeed. I'm hearing that they are near capacity for both Friday 2/12 and Saturday 2/13. Should be a great weekend at this new gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Jeep will you let us know what you ordered and what you thought about it? I am curious.

Link to their OKC menu - looks fairly standard for Bob's:

https://bobs-steakandchop.com/wp-con...s-OKC-Menu.pdf

Went here last night. First time to be in the new Omni and look around. The whole place was surprisingly busy (Bobs, tap house, hotel bar) for it being so bitterly cold right before a blizzard. The whole place is really impressive. Bobs did not disappoint with the food/service. Really can’t get over how well done this whole area is.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Went here last night. First time to be in the new Omni and look around. The whole place was surprisingly busy (Bobs, tap house, hotel bar) for it being so bitterly cold right before a blizzard. The whole place is really impressive. Bobs did not disappoint with the food/service. Really can’t get over how well done this whole area is.
    There are probably a lot of couples who were planning an Omni valentines day staycation for months before this winter storm hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Jeep will you let us know what you ordered and what you thought about it? I am curious.
    I ended up not going due to work conflict but wife and son went. They said it was excellent. They had the carpaccio for app and both had steaks. It is nice that they come with baked potato so don't have to pay extra for basic side.

We went to Manhattan on Thursday. Lobster roll and the crab cake app were spot on.

We went last Wednesday and had an overall great experience. We split the porterhouse, which comes with a glazed carrot and choice of potatoes. They brought an individual side for both of us, which was nice. We also had the onion ring appetizer (half order, which wasn't in the menu but suggested by our waiter) and the brussel sprouts as a side. My GF said the filet side of the porterhouse was the best she'd ever had. Our server was great, and the atmosphere was good, and still a little lively given it being a Wednesday and cold / icy roads. Although it doesn't stand out much from Ranch / Mahogany, it will definitely be in the rotation and will get good business from the hotel and convention center.

19. Default Re: Bob's Steak & Chop House

Was a recent guest at the Omni hotel with my young son; we went to Bob's on our last night in the city since they didn't do room service nor room delivery (a missed opportunity IMO). We were going to just order and eat in our room (which was our intent) but since we had to go down I thought - might as well just eat there.

I talked to the waitress about this (who has been with Bob's for 12 years) and she said it's just their "thing". They don't do room service and they are only partially affiliated with Omni unlike the rest of the hotel restaurants which are 100%. Again - missed opportunity to me particularly with COVID or when the restaurant is fully booked yet you have a 605-room captive market that you're potentially missing out on.

Anyway - that aside. The inside was a speak-easy feel, not necessarily where I wanted to take my young 7 year-old son but we made the best of it. I liked that they did a fairly good job spacing the tables and the booths are VIP style (more on that later). We were seated in a nice booth and were promptly served bread and drinks (no liquor folks. ...). I ordered seared scallops and the 12 OZ filet with smashed potatoes and carrot, with asparagus on the side and for the kid he got Mac N Cheese (creamy kid style - no blue cheese or adult meat add-ins) and Shrimp Cocktail (which was too cold for him, they heated it up nicely). The kid was satisfied and had only consumed about 1/8th of the very large bowl of mac. I on the other hand was very impressed with the presentation, temperature, and flavor of my meal with the ONLY complaint attributed to the crust of the steak which was way too much IMO. Not that I don't like crust but I felt that it was too over-seasoned and somewhat detracted from the wonderful cut a little bit. It's a personal preference but I did let them know since Oklahoman's we are kind of picky about adding too much to a good steak. We also got the bread pudding and guys/gals - OMG, this is a MUST even if you get nothing else at Bobs; creamy delish without it being too sweet or fake. Not a bad experience for the $180 I dropped, which included some Thunder players later booth-ing next to us as a surprise neighbor.

I really like how Bob's staff handled things, very attentive and not at all pretentious or snobby. And don't forget to get some of the jelly beans on the way out - they are delish and yet another reason for the visit.

so now I can see why they don't deliver/room service as the dining room experience is part of the "experience" but what about the second or third visits or folks who just want the food (or are antisocial).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information