Widgets Magazine

Thread: SBC contact?

Default SBC contact?

The neighbor's trees pulled down an old, no-longer-used cable from SBC, but not completely, so it's still connected to our house and to the pole, but just laying across the neighbor's yard. Anybody have any idea who to contact to get it disconnected at the pole? AT&T? If so, do you know of a good number so I wouldn't have to go through who-knows-how-many roundabouts of customer service transferring me to someone else because they have no idea who to contact?

Default Re: SBC contact?

If it's no longer being used, you can borrow my wire cutters...

It might seem like trivia, but, SBC is AT&T. SBC grew big enough after the split up of the 1980s to swallow up AT&T lock, stock and barrel. SBC then took on the AT&T name because it had more recognition.

Other than googling “report a downed AT&T residential line” I don’t know where to refer you. I will say that any contact I have had with AT&T within the last ten years has been a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    It might seem like trivia, but, SBC is AT&T. SBC grew big enough after the split up of the 1980s to swallow up AT&T lock, stock and barrel. SBC then took on the AT&T name because it had more recognition.

Other than googling “report a downed AT&T residential line” I don’t know where to refer you. I will say that any contact I have had with AT&T within the last ten years has been a pain.
    Yeah, I know about SW Bell and AT&T, that's why I asked if it was AT&T I'd have to get in touch with. And yep, also agree that AT&T is horrible to talk to.

Rusty - I think that's what I'l have to do. I can just disconnect it at the house and go into the neighbor's yard and get up on a ladder and snip it close to the pole.

Thread Information