Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 27 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Blog Entries

Thunder Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA - DECEMBER 11: Chris Paul #3 of the Oklahoma City Thunder is helped off the ... [+] Getty Images

The summer of 2021 could be the summer that defines the future of the franchise for the Oklahoma City Thunder. For the majority of the past decade, free agency hasn’t been very productive due to their limited flexibility with cap space and being in one of the NBA’s smallest markets... https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola.../#5a0db3405396

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

OKC Thunder: 3 head coach candidates from the Popovich tree

Link: https://thunderousintentions.com/202...popovich-tree/

No Joke, this is not a scene from The Wiz...

Blog Entries

OKC Thunder announces plans for reduced seating at Chesapeake Energy Arena

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

And the thunder has a HC. Mark Daigneault

5. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

I think this is a fine choice. This team is likely to not be very good for awhile. A first time head coach promoted from within won't have the expectations placed on him that an established coach might have. So his career shouldn't be derailed if everything flops and will look really good if things go well.

Blog Entries

Report: Thunder promote assistant Mark Daigneault to head coach

Age: 35, Nine years younger than Boston's HC Brad Stevens.

Link: https://dknation.draftkings.com/nba/...-rumors-update

The next two weeks are going to be insane with NBA news.

I really really wanted Becky Hammon but hopefully this ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    I hope you really really want Hammon because you think she deserves a chance, not because you want to drool on her

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I think this is a fine choice. This team is likely to not be very good for awhile. A first time head coach promoted from within won't have the expectations placed on him that an established coach might have. So his career shouldn't be derailed if everything flops and will look really good if things go well.
    You forgot Thunder made the playoffs last year? They will be good as long they keep their current roster

Daigneault will likely be a fine coach, but the Thunder have now had 4 white coaches in their history in a league that has 75% Black players and Black coaches with Daigneault or Nash's resumes don't slide right into head coaching jobs. There are a wealth of Black coaching candidates that never get opportunities. I really liked Charles Lee of the Bucks. Again, not saying Daigneault isn't deserving, I'm just saying that white management and GMs like Presti seem to hold the door open wider for white coaches.

I am not a Thunder fan but good luck with your new head coach, it is a interesting hire

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I hope you really really want Hammon because you think she deserves a chance, not because you want to drool on her
    Lol no I learned my lesson about 10 years ago with Sherri Coale. It's strictly professional this time.

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

You forgot Thunder made the playoffs last year? They will be good as long they keep their current roster
    Chances of keeping Chris Paul are not very high. And that or other trade packages could lose some more of the current roster. If they are in full rebuild mode which appears to be the case they won't be making the playoffs again for a while.

15. Capitol Hill Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    I kind of wanted Hammon or maybe Nancy Lieberman. We're not likely to be good for a while and we could have made history by giving a woman coach a chance. And I think either of them just might be a pretty good coach in the right circumstances.

Westbrook wants out so who wants him back?

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Daigneault will likely be a fine coach, but the Thunder have now had 4 white coaches in their history in a league that has 75% Black players and Black coaches with Daigneault or Nash's resumes don't slide right into head coaching jobs. There are a wealth of Black coaching candidates that never get opportunities. I really liked Charles Lee of the Bucks. Again, not saying Daigneault isn't deserving, I'm just saying that white management and GMs like Presti seem to hold the door open wider for white coaches.
    The Coach after Daignault will very likely be a diversity hire.

As for Daignault, we just need him to be an able Tank Commander for the next several years. Nothing flashy, keep Shai happy and rack up big losses.

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

I don't really know what I would feel about Westbrook come back. Probably doesn't matter because if the Thunder are really intending to rebuild for the future through the draft they don't want a star player on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Chances of keeping Chris Paul are not very high. And that or other trade packages could lose some more of the current roster. If they are in full rebuild mode which appears to be the case they won't be making the playoffs again for a while.
    With the size of his contract in his final year, the fact that the trade would have to be for someone with a similar size contract and his age, a trade is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    With the size of his contract in his final year, the fact that the trade would have to be for someone with a similar size contract and his age, a trade is unlikely.
    paul for rubio and oubre works ... i'm sure presti would want a pick back as well ..

Lol, not with a 35 year old rookie coach. The team chemistry was improved last year because he was not on the roster.

They've sent out the guidelines for the Thunder this season:

- Minimum of three seats separating each seating pod (not sure how that's defined)
    - No seats directly in front or behind any seating pod
    - Seat barriers in unassigned seats
    - Fans within 30 feet of court need to register a negative test 2 days prior or day of with a rapid test

Quote Originally Posted by SouthOfTheVillage View Post
    The Coach after Daignault will very likely be a diversity hire.
    Black head coaching candidates are not "diversity hires." In most cases, they're more qualified candidates. I believe Charles Lee had a better resume and more upside than Daignault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    A Chris Paul trade is likely. Reports suggest that the Phoenix trade is more likely than not, but there will be other suitors too. I would think the Thunder would try to re-route Rubio and maybe even Oubre if they're in the trade. I'd say a three team trade is very possible. I expect CP3, Gallo (maybe by sign and trade), and maybe Schroeder or Adams gone soon.

And, no, zero interest in bringing Westbrook back. He's going to get his statue and be a Thunder legend, but there's really no point in bringing him back. The Thunder should lose this year and let the young guys develop while the West is so tough.

Yes, Warriors will be back, Portland will be healthy, and the Suns will [likely] be better. OKC should work on getting our untouchables (Shai, Dort, Bazley) in top NBA shape.

Schroeder will be a great mentor in place of CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Reality is though if Kyrie and or Kevin did not want Nash he would not have been hired.

Thread Information