Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I am glad I am not a Thunder fan, they are ugly
    Didn't you say you were a Magic fan? Those have to be some of the worst unis in the league! Not saying the Thunder's are great, but you can't tell me Orlando's are better, c'mon.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Should have realized something was up when the jersey released today was SGA's and not CP3's.

Hopefully CP3 will come back one day as a coach

I am not a fan of the new jerseys, but they're slowly growing on me. However, I am a big fan of the CP3 trade. I suspect we'll try to move Rubio and Oubre for even more assets, we got two young players who we can give a shot, and then another first round pick. We're in a great spot.

I am going to miss last year's team. They were such a fun group. One of my favorite teams of all time.

Ty Jerome and Jalen Lecque both have solid potential. Jalen is like a way less athletic baby Russ, I'm really excited about his potential As far as Oubre and Rubio, blehhh. I hope both of them move on as quickly as possible. I'm really excited to see what we do in this draft! Don't put too much stock in the "bad draft" talk, what that really means is there's uncertainty because they've missed a full season to evaluate players. There's some great talent in this draft and whoever we pick will likely be around 18-19 years old, plenty of time for development with the other young pieces we already have.

I actually wouldn't say Jalen is a less athletic Russ. He's probably as athletic as Russ. He's just a lot less talented player.

I agree that the "bad draft" talk is largely about the top of the draft. The middle of the draft—where OKC is currently—seems pretty typical. I don't think we'll keep Green, Oubre, and Rubio, but for fun, here's what the rotation may look like (understanding there's fluidity in positions, especially PG/SG):

PG: Shai/Rubio
    SG: Dort/Green/Jerome/Lecque/Ferg
    SF: Oubre/Hami
    PF: Bazley/Roby
    C: Adams

Definitely going to need some more bigs. Having said that, more moves are coming.

Blog Entries

Rubio in a Thunder jersey, can't wait to see this...

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Didn't you say you were a Magic fan? Those have to be some of the worst unis in the league! Not saying the Thunder's are great, but you can't tell me Orlando's are better, c'mon.
    Magic’s city uniforms are ugly too, they are orange uniforms which are not Magic’s colors, yuck

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Rubio in a Thunder jersey, can't wait to see this...
    I doubt that you will. I think the only vet on this roster will be Adams. And if the right deal came up for him........?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Should have realized something was up when the jersey released today was SGA's and not CP3's.

Hopefully CP3 will come back one day as a coach
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I actually wouldn't say Jalen is a less athletic Russ. He's probably as athletic as Russ. He's just a lot less talented player.

I agree that the "bad draft" talk is largely about the top of the draft. The middle of the draft—where OKC is currently—seems pretty typical. I don't think we'll keep Green, Oubre, and Rubio, but for fun, here's what the rotation may look like (understanding there's fluidity in positions, especially PG/SG):

PG: Shai/Rubio
    SG: Dort/Green/Jerome/Lecque/Ferg
    SF: Oubre/Hami
    PF: Bazley/Roby
    C: Adams

Definitely going to need some more bigs. Having said that, more moves are coming.
    Perhaps you're right about Lecque. I have nothing to back my statement besides my short film eval of him. He has hops for sure and far as size he's only 5Lbs lighter than Russ was coming into the league. What stood out to me was that he doesn't shift into top gear like Russ which actually might be a good thing. At the end of the day, he's an undrafted guy I don't expect too much from him but you really never know.

But anyway, I actually love the idea of shifting Bazely to the 4. As he continues to fill out we could shift to a more modern small-ball lineup and try to draft a solid wing next year (sorry, I'm not huge on Oubre). I'm curious to see what happens with Steve, my gut tells me he sticks around and signs a much smaller contract. Presti has been shopping him it seems like every year now and hasn't pulled the trigger. I think he still could be a valuable piece on the court setting screens and he's a great locker room guy which might be equally as important considering what's coming.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    But anyway, I actually love the idea of shifting Bazely to the 4. As he continues to fill out we could shift to a more modern small-ball lineup and try to draft a solid wing next year (sorry, I'm not huge on Oubre). I'm curious to see what happens with Steve, my gut tells me he sticks around and signs a much smaller contract. Presti has been shopping him it seems like every year now and hasn't pulled the trigger. I think he still could be a valuable piece on the court setting screens and he's a great locker room guy which might be equally as important considering what's coming.
    Yeah, Bazley playing the 4 has everything to do with whether he can handle some of the bigger 4s on the board and in the paint. I agree, that's where he should be playing. I'm really excited to see him develop.

And, yeah, if you're not getting value back then just keep Steve. I'd be happy re-signing him to a smaller contract.

Blog Entries

Anticipation move to Oklahoma City:

Kelly Oubre Jr., Small Forward - HT/WT 6' 7", 203 lbs., DOB 12/9/1995 - College: Kansas: Age 24.

Ricky Rubio, Point Guard - HT/WT 6' 3", 190 lbs., DOB 10/21/1990 Age 30 - Draft - 2009: Rd 1, Pk 5

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I doubt that you will. I think the only vet on this roster will be Adams. And if the right deal came up for him........?
    I could be wrong already. Rubio isn't a bad PG and his contract isn't outrageous. He might stay around for a bit.

I could be wrong already. Rubio isn't a bad PG and his contract isn't outrageous. He might stay around for a bit.
    He's fine. He's a league average point guard. But, why would OKC want him? He'd take developmental minutes from our young players without any real purpose. The Thunder are pretty loaded at guard with SGA, Dort, Jerome, Lecque, and Ferg. I bet the Thunder would move on from Rubio for even a second round pick. But, the flip side is that he could be a good veteran to have around who wouldn't impact winning too much either.

Does anyone think Steven Adams is getting traded?

Blog Entries

Anticipation move to Oklahoma City:

Ty Jerome, Guard HT/WT 6' 5", 195 lbs., DOB 7/8/1997 - Age 23 - College: Virginia - Draft Info: 2019: Rd 1, Pk 24 (PHI)

Jalen Lecque, Guard HT/WT 6' 4", 185 lbs., DOB 6/13/2000 - Age 20

...From Phoenix

Blog Entries

Welcome to Thunderdome:

Laramie, my man, do we need to get you an updated photo of CHK Arena?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Laramie, my man, do we need to get you an updated photo of CHK Arena?
    Not really, I posts the same pics on several forums therefore I begin with the most difficult forum fit without it looking too large. King183, thanks for the kind offer...

Blog Entries

Amazing what you can find on Twitter... 'Looks like one of those devious conversations about--have you ever played with matches...'

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder Roster taking shape: https://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster...a-city-thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Oklahoma City Thunder Roster taking shape: https://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster...a-city-thunder
    a bunch of guys on that list are NOT on the thunder roster

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    a bunch of guys on that list are NOT on the thunder roster
    Many won't be but as of now it looks accurate except for Donovan.

Many won't be but as of now it looks accurate except for Donovan.
    gallinari and roberson are UFA

https://www.nba.com/thunder/roster

Thread Information