Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Daigneault will likely be a fine coach, but the Thunder have now had 4 white coaches in their history in a league that has 75% Black players and Black coaches with Daigneault or Nash's resumes don't slide right into head coaching jobs. There are a wealth of Black coaching candidates that never get opportunities. I really liked Charles Lee of the Bucks. Again, not saying Daigneault isn't deserving, I'm just saying that white management and GMs like Presti seem to hold the door open wider for white coaches.
    nash is 100% the resume of a head coach ..

former player PG that is not a white /black thing it is a star PG thing

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 season

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    They've sent out the guidelines for the Thunder this season:

- Minimum of three seats separating each seating pod (not sure how that's defined)
    - No seats directly in front or behind any seating pod
    - Seat barriers in unassigned seats
    - Fans within 30 feet of court need to register a negative test 2 days prior or day of with a rapid test
    Assuming it's the same as OU football a pod is your "family" or regular attendance group. I believe they were limited to six people in your "family" pod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Assuming it's the same as OU football a pod is your "family" or regular attendance group. I believe they were limited to six people in your "family" pod.
    Thanks for the clarification, I assumed that's what it meant but wasn't sure what number they would limit it to. They've reached out to the season ticket holders gauging their interest in attending this season with the option of opting out and keeping your seats for next season, so hopefully we'll know soon what the realistic amount of games each "pod" will be able to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Yes, Warriors will be back, Portland will be healthy, and the Suns will [likely] be better. OKC should work on getting our untouchables (Shai, Dort, Bazley) in top NBA shape.

Schroeder will be a great mentor in place of CP3.
    I don’t expect Schroeder back either. This is a perfect season for OKC to bottom out. The West is stacked and so is the 2021 draft. But it’ll still be fun to see the young three develop.

Perfect time to bottom out when not a lot of people will be allowed at the games anyway.

They've sent out the guidelines for the Thunder this season:

- Minimum of three seats separating each seating pod (not sure how that's defined)
    - No seats directly in front or behind any seating pod
    - Seat barriers in unassigned seats
    - Fans within 30 feet of court need to register a negative test 2 days prior or day of with a rapid test
    I wonder how long this will last with cases now surging? A lot different from a summer NBA bubble that's for sure. At least football games are outside.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I wonder how long this will last with cases now surging? A lot different from a summer NBA bubble that's for sure. At least football games are outside.
    I'm curious to see how many people actually opt-in. We're on the fence, but not really excited to spend thousands to potentially expose ourselves and others.

I'm curious to see how many people actually opt-in. We're on the fence, but not really excited to spend thousands to potentially expose ourselves and others.
    We opted out this past summer. Too much uncertainty so after 9 years Club level we gave it up. Once the vaccine has been applied we will pick and choose games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    We opted out this past summer. Too much uncertainty so after 9 years Club level we gave it up. Once the vaccine has been applied we will pick and choose games.
    good luck with the phone calls if you decide you completely drop your tickets. i did that. and finally had to ask for a manager because they still kept calling me every single week even after i told them to stop calling me

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    good luck with the phone calls if you decide you completely drop your tickets. i did that. and finally had to ask for a manager because they still kept calling me every single week even after i told them to stop calling me
    I opted out and they paid me the 8 games that were not played. Other than their organizational emails I haven't heard a work.

Woj is reporting on ESPN this morning OKC and Lakers are in talks to deal Schroeder for the 28th pick Wed night along with Danny Green.
    Last edited by Jersey Boss; 11-15-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Corrected Green name. Thx Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Woj is reporting on ESPN this morning OKC and Lakers are in talks to deal Schroeder for the 28th pick Wed night along with Dennis Green.
    And it's likely that the Thunder will flip Danny Green. The tear down has begun. We're going to be bad for a few seasons, but this is the right time to do it and it can be fun watching these young guys without any expectations.

Woj is reporting on ESPN this morning OKC and Lakers are in talks to deal Schroeder for the 28th pick Wed night along with Dennis Green.
    They already agreed to a trade and as a Magic fan, I am glad Dennis is gone, he has always killed my Magic, I am guessing Paul is next to be traded?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    They already agreed to a trade and as a Magic fan, I am glad Dennis is gone, he has always killed my Magic, I am guessing Paul is next to be traded?
    Who goes next is a guessing game. Does Paul have the clout to say " I'll only go to a contender".?

Really good time to tank and rebuild given that there's definitely going to be limited attendance next season, and possibly for the start of the 2021-22 season as well.

Who goes next is a guessing game. Does Paul have the clout to say " I'll only go to a contender".?
    No, he doesn't. The Thunder might listen to his input, but the Suns—who are not contenders—are rumored now. Presti will do what's best for the Thunder.

I'd guess we hear about a CP3 trade this week. Possibly a Gallo sign and trade. Outside chance Adams is dealt, but probably not. There's going to be a lot of action this week.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Really good time to tank and rebuild given that there's definitely going to be limited attendance next season, and possibly for the start of the 2021-22 season as well.
    And, don't forget the 2021 draft is supposed to be loaded. It's almost suspiciously perfect timing.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Daigneault will likely be a fine coach, but the Thunder have now had 4 white coaches in their history in a league that has 75% Black players and Black coaches with Daigneault or Nash's resumes don't slide right into head coaching jobs. There are a wealth of Black coaching candidates that never get opportunities. I really liked Charles Lee of the Bucks. Again, not saying Daigneault isn't deserving, I'm just saying that white management and GMs like Presti seem to hold the door open wider for white coaches.
    So they should hire a coach that’s black, just because that person is black? How about they hire whoever they think the best candidate is regardless of skin color?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    So they should hire a coach that’s black, just because that person is black? How about they hire whoever they think the best candidate is regardless of skin color?
    You think Daig is the best available hire? Why?

You think Daig is the best available hire? Why?
    How do you know he isn’t?

I honestly have no idea whether he is or not, but making the hiring process about race is just unnecessary and that was the point of my post.

I honestly have no idea whether he is or not, but making the hiring process about race is just unnecessary and that was the point of my post.
    I agree

I agree with you that the hiring process shouldn't be about race. I also agree with Dan that it has been for many years up to the present.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    nash is 100% the resume of a head coach ..

former player PG that is not a white /black thing it is a star PG thing
    So is Jason Kidd and he sucked as head coach

I agree with you that the hiring process shouldn't be about race. I also agree with Dan that it has been for many years up to the present.
    The first coach of a team in OKC was Byron Scott and that was 15 years ago. I’m sorry but no, it has not been about race for several decades now. Just because someone hires a white coach does not mean that they intentionally overlooked minority candidates because of the color of their skin. That was definitely happening previously in the NBA...no doubt about it, but that is not how it works in 2020 and hasn’t been for a very long time now.

Daigneault is a fine hire for what the Thunder are looking to accomplish in the next 2-4 years. He was coach of the g-league team for five seasons so this is clearly about promoting someone who is familiar with the organization and has a lot of experience working with young players. If he turns out to be a good coach at this level, great. Otherwise, I expect that the Thunder will move on and hire someone more experienced whenever their next contending window opens up. That'll be the hire that's important to get correct.

Presti didnt hire Hammon because he didnt want her to take on all the loses during the rebuild for the next 4 years.

Thread Information