Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Have been in a number of times. I live close by so it will be a great option for "basic" groceries, though I agree with others that Whole Foods/TJs/Sprouts/etc. will continue to be in the rotation for speciality items.

They have started the murals on the south side of the building:

I will echo the above comments about how good it is to have a full line grocery store in this area. It is very close to work, and currently the closest to home. However, am I the only one noticing the huge empty gaps on the shelves on a regular basis? I know there are some product shipping issues, but I can drive a little further to 18th and the items I am looking for are there. I don’t want to be critical, just sharing my experience. I hope they can work this out, because this store is very convenient for most things.

Construction of The Homeland Headquarters next to the grocery store seems to be at a halt. It's been an empty shell for months.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCyrus View Post
    I will echo the above comments about how good it is to have a full line grocery store in this area. It is very close to work, and currently the closest to home. However, am I the only one noticing the huge empty gaps on the shelves on a regular basis? I know there are some product shipping issues, but I can drive a little further to 18th and the items I am looking for are there. I don’t want to be critical, just sharing my experience. I hope they can work this out, because this store is very convenient for most things.
    Funny, we say the same thing about gaping holes on the shelves at the 18th Homeland when we go there weekly (half the time they're things we had on our list, unfortunately)...

6. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Each store gets a weekly restock order unless there's an emergency like the great clean out of March 2020. I wonder if you guys are hitting the stores on the wrong day?

7. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Moving of the corp offices and warehouse facilities are on permanent hold. Probably not going to happen at all. They've been spending a lot of money expanding, interconnecting and upgrading the warehouses and repaving the drives with heavy duty concrete. And updating the current offices. They plan on staying put for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Each store gets a weekly restock order unless there's an emergency like the great clean out of March 2020. I wonder if you guys are hitting the stores on the wrong day?
    Only weekly? Even for produce/meat/fresh things? We go on Fridays, and sometimes Saturdays, so yeah, we're most likely getting the last things before a truck comes in on Mon.

9. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Only weekly? Even for produce/meat/fresh things? We go on Fridays, and sometimes Saturdays, so yeah, we're most likely getting the last things before a truck comes in on Mon.
    Oops. Sorry. Weekly delivery is dry, canned and such goods that come through the warehouse. Fresh meat and produce are a different supply chain that my wife isn't connected to.

10. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yep. Sunday is generally when I’m able to break free to go to the Homeland at 18th and Classen, it it is regularly pretty picked-over then. Chip aisle, soda aisle, dairy, etc are often pretty tough. I’ve come to accept it as a result of my own scheduling, while understanding that the timing is surely influenced by labor shortages both at the store and at the suppliers making deliveries.

When I manage to visit during other times of the week it is usually pretty well-stocked.

Thread Information