Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Definitely going to try them out when they open, the 18th/Classen HL has been kind of sucking recently with item selection (don't have standard things a grocery store should), deli personnel, produce quality...

2. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

The plot of dirt (mud) between the parking lot and Wendy's - is that part of the Homeland property, or is that something else altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    The plot of dirt (mud) between the parking lot and Wendy's - is that part of the Homeland property, or is that something else altogether?
    MAPS NE Senior Center just starting construction.

That seems super weird to me. They built a finished, fully striped and everything parking lot before the building was anything other than an empty dirt lot? It even has the handicapped spots marked out.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    That seems super weird to me. They built a finished, fully striped and everything parking lot before the building was anything other than an empty dirt lot? It even has the handicapped spots marked out.
    I think the Senior center has been set for this location for a while, like, a long while. Could be wrong, but seems they set these locations aside years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Maybe the paver has the contract to paint the entire center and that part was just ready to go? idk

Blog Entries

^

Looking good!

When was the last time a brand new, non-discount and non-specialty grocer was built in OKC?

You could probably include Uptown Grocery in The Village, but even that is an upscale offering.

Almost 20 years I think...

Homeland/Albertsons on North May and Britton was built 2003, I think that was the last non-discount (Crest/Winco) and non-super center (Walmart, Target) grocery store built in OKC?

On my way to work I saw a banner out front advertising a September 1 grand opening!

^

Awesome, thanks.

They must have put it up today because I took these yesterday. Will be a very nice store.

I am so excited about this development, and pleased that the food desert is getting an oasis. That being said, I was seriously disappointed by the massive set-back from the corner of NE 36th and Lincoln. This could have been a catalyzing development for the entire street.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I am so excited about this development, and pleased that the food desert is getting an oasis. That being said, I was seriously disappointed by the massive set-back from the corner of NE 36th and Lincoln. This could have been a catalyzing development for the entire street.
    Eh, that street is already a depressing moat which inhibits street-side growth, being a 6 or 8 lane super-road. I think it is more suburban than its locale would indicate because of Lincoln. Just my opinion.

This is from Marc Jones' Twitter feed; he's the CEO of Homeland:

That looks really nice, it's going to be a great addition.

I peaked inside and it looks quite nice.

I may go out of my way to shop here and support what Homeland is doing for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I peaked inside and it looks quite nice.

I may go out of my way to shop here and support what Homeland is doing for the community.
    We're definitely going to give it a shot, the 18th/Classen Homeland hasn't been meeting our needs recently.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    We're definitely going to give it a shot, the 18th/Classen Homeland hasn't been meeting our needs recently.
    That's an unusually small store, so they are limited.

I am very grateful to Homeland for doing such a great renovation, but that is always going to be a somewhat crowded store.

This built-from-the-ground-up store should be better.

Just learned that Leo’s BBQ and Not Your Average Joe coffee will both sell in this location.

20. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Leo's will make the warehouse guys very happy. They bring in BBQ about once a month and now it will be right across the street.

Blog Entries

Then there were the Uptown Markets.

Blog Entries

Really nice development! Kudos to Homeland.

Signs going up today; you can also see the foundation for the senior center:

This is the nicest Homeland I've ever seen. Why didn't the Classen one get the same exterior love? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This is the nicest Homeland I've ever seen. Why didn't the Classen one get the same exterior love? Damn.
    To their eternal credit, they did a ton at that Classen store.

But that is a small building on a small lot. This is a complete new-build and they are also getting a lot of assistance from the city due to the NE OKC food desert situation.

I'd love to see more of these, but that is unlikely simply because grocery margins are incredibly thin, especially in this middle market.

Thread Information