Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    interesting... i wonder if that branding will be unique to this store or if it will be eventually pushed to all their locations and marketing materials.
    They are using it on the street sign at 122 and rockwell already. I think I saw it maybe at the May store as well

2. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    They are using it on the street sign at 122 and rockwell already. I think I saw it maybe at the May store as well
    I think some of the Homeland branded products are using it too. I'll have to look next time.

3. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

a bit small, no?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Signs will be going up soon:

That is going to look nice when it is done.

Noticed the new logo with "Home" in white and "Land" in green.

Some of the older stores still have the all green bold italic or sunset orange "Homeland", most of the updated ones switched to the lighter blue current scheme.

The new branding looks nice on their May Ave gas station

9. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

i still can't get over how small it is. ...

Blog Entries

Looks bigger than 18/Classen?

It's a typical size (30,000 SF) for a typical grocery store. It's not a Walmart.

18th and Classen is smaller (22,000 SF) because it was an old Safeway.

Yeah I drove by yesterday (and do a couple times a week, usually) and it's definitely not small. Not a massive megamart, but far from tiny. Would guess it's a bit smaller than Whole Foods?

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Yeah I drove by yesterday (and do a couple times a week, usually) and it's definitely not small. Not a massive megamart, but far from tiny. Would guess it's a bit smaller than Whole Foods?
    whole foods building is 41,775 SqFt according to the county assessor

14. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

im thinking with the huge subsidies and the fact that it's in a designated food desert, this would have been a great opportunity to build a modern supermarket more than 40,000 square feet, with modern deli and classrooms, and other space. A showcase Homeland - giving back to the community. Also on Lincoln Blvd - the gateway to the state govt. ...

again, not necessarily criticizing Homeland but am in a way due to the subsidies received and the missed opportunities for basically just another smallish grocer.

I mean, if it's built consistent with what's been reported, it's going to have all those things and more. Deli with custom butcher, fresh bakery, hot grab and go food with indoor and outdoor seating and beer/wine by the glass, food truck connectivity, florist, pharmacy, etc.

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...E-36th-Lincoln

Traditional grocery stores are really struggling, being squeezed at the top end by Whole Foods and similar up-scale places and on the bottom end by Walmart and the myriad of deep-discounters.

That Homeland is doing a new store at all is a small miracle and aided by civic help.

I'm sure they want to keep it all manageable because they are never going to see the volume of many of their competitors, simply because of the store type.

17. Default Re: Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

I can speak from personal knowledge that Homeland has been moving record amounts of product last year and this year. Their ability to expand had some to do with the level of business they've been doing. BTW, they've been taking VERY good care of their employees since doing such increased sales.

Ok, a stupid question. I don't drive anymore and can't go and look. I worked in the 36th and Lincoln area for several years and for the life of me, I don't recognize where the store is. I am assuming the North East corner where the old Sussy's/Prow Lounge was located. Let me know please, it's driving me nuts.
    C. T.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Ok, a stupid question. I don't drive anymore and can't go and look. I worked in the 36th and Lincoln area for several years and for the life of me, I don't recognize where the store is. I am assuming the North East corner where the old Sussy's/Prow Lounge was located. Let me know please, it's driving me nuts.
    C. T.
    Correct. It’s right on the NE corner, set back a bit from Lincoln.

New murals planned for the store.

The first one will be on the west, facing Lincoln. The other two will the on the south, facing NE 36th.

^^^ Very cool, looks like maybe the same artist that did the one on Katt's Korner Hair Salon a bit further east on 36th.

Seeing your drone shots Pete makes me wonder if the city is going to do something about the terrible pavement on NE36th running east from Lincoln. Also wouldn't hurt to put in a 5th lane or dedicated turn lane there.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Seeing your drone shots Pete makes me wonder if the city is going to do something about the terrible pavement on NE36th running east from Lincoln. Also wouldn't hurt to put in a 5th lane or dedicated turn lane there.
    I just checked and the plan is to resurface 36th from Lincoln east all the way to I-35.

Not sure if part of the same project, but they just got done redoing the intersection at 36th and MLK. Nice, concrete road as well. The rest of that stretch definitely needs to be redone sooner rather than later.

Thread Information