Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: S&B Burger Joint

Blog Entries

Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

Welcome to the area. I am up the road just a bit in Glenbrook and find it very convenient and easy to get anywhere...just not always by walking or biking as I'd like.

S&B’s Burger Joint goes west

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record January 17, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY – A popular restaurant chain is adding another location in the metro, with more sites on the front burner.

S&B’s Burger Joint is opening a restaurant in the Westgate Marketplace, at the former Pizza Inn spot. The space, 6801 SW Third St., measures 3,545 square feet. The Pizza Inn closed about eight weeks ago.

Newmark Grubb Levy Strange Beffort broker Michael Almaraz represented the shopping center in the transaction. J&A Real Estate Development represented S&B’s in finding a site.

Almaraz said he was working with S&B’s several months before Pizza Inn closed. The pizza eatery had a five-year lease, but after Peter Piper Pizza moved into the center, the Pizza Inn operators offered the space.

Almaraz said since S&B’s had such good credit, the shopping center was comfortable with terminating the Pizza Inn lease and then giving a new lease to S&B’s.

S&B’s has eight metro area locations, including restaurants in Mustang and on the Northwest Expressway.

Partner Kevin Burke said the Westgate Marketplace is a different trade area compared to the existing sites on the metro’s west side. The new eatery is close to the OKC Outlets and it will face Interstate 40 West.

“We feel like there’s enough business density and rooftop density that (the area) warrants its own location,” he said. “It’s an uncovered market point for us.”

Burke said there will be at least three more S&B’s in the metro, and maybe up to five additional sites. He said there isn’t a particular area where they’re looking. There can’t be another S&B’s within a 10-minute drive, though.

He said it will take about five months to build out the new place. The restaurant will include S&B’s new menu, which features items like pizza, salads, boneless wings, and quesadillas.

“We expanded our menu so we can offer more food categories for people who love S&B’s, but may not be ready for a burger today,” he said.

3. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

I believe that was the last Pizza Inn in Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    There's just one left, just south of Britton Rd on Council - unless that one recently closed as well. Sad, I always enjoyed their pizza, but never got a chance to visit them very often.

5. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    There's just one left, just south of Britton Rd on Council - unless that one recently closed as well. Sad, I always enjoyed their pizza, but never got a chance to visit them very often.
    Was not aware that one was even there. So yeah... May be one left...... Until S&B moves into it.

So this location is going in right across the street from a 5 Guys that just opened there. And there is already a Steak N Shake there and a Garage, Smashburger, Whataburger, and Braums down off Council. Doesn't matter to me as S&B is pretty much the worst burger in town imo.

Moore and Yukon do that, but with chicken places.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    There’s a former pizza inn on Wilshire & may that changed banner to “Luigi’s” a several years ago. It’s a little run down. But the pizza is exactly the same, maybe a little better as they never skimp on the toppings. They also do a lunch buffet for something like $5.99.

It’s probably been 30 years since I’ve had pizza inn. Can someone remind me what was unique or different about their pizza?

10. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

I used to eat at one in Wichita fairly often but that was more than 30 years ago. I ate a the one at May and Wiltshire once or twice but the most recent visit was probably at least ten years ago. The main thing I recall was the crust on most of the pizza being thinner and crispier than most othe pizza places. Other than that it was completely unremarkable.

S&B has pretty much lost everything that made it cool.

The menus are massive, bloated, hard to read and full of ridiculous items. Like quesadillas.
    They expanded so far so fast they’ve had a noticeable slip in quality.
    The north May location tv’s have never worked correctly since it’s opened. Picture is pixelated and the sound is off.

The original still maintains some charm but every other location is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    S&B has pretty much lost everything that made it cool.

The menus are massive, bloated, hard to read and full of ridiculous items. Like quesadillas.
    They expanded so far so fast they’ve had a noticeable slip in quality.
    The north May location tv’s have never worked correctly since it’s opened. Picture is pixelated and the sound is off.

The original still maintains some charm but every other location is meh.
    From what I remember a server saying when we went to the original location a while back, it's the only one still really under control of the original owners, I think they've divested themselves somehow of all the rest, not sure if it's franchising, licensing, or just hands-off, or what. Makes sense from what we've experienced in different locations from them.

13. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

Only one of the original two partners remains associated with the group to whom they sold several years ago. He’s the S in S&B. The B started Hacienda Tacos in Northpark after leaving.

I believe Brian also opened Hillbilly's, which is no more.

The OG location is the only location I will go to, due to the reasons stated above.

15. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

Brian was still involved with those guys at the time Hillbilly’s opened. After they closed and he left the group he did an apprenticeship with Kurt Fleischfresser (final class at Coach House) and then opened Hacienda.

My only gripe with S&B is the fact that all of the servers fill the cups up 90% with ice before putting in soda, giving you about 3 ounces of fluid before being due for another refill.

Default S&B Burgers

Will be opening a new location in the Henry Hudson's building at 1000 NW 192nd, which is just west of Western.

I'm not sure if that location is still open or not.

Default Re: S&B Burgers

The Henry Hudson is still open there. Are the going in the strip center next to it? Or perhaps building across the street next to the future Braums location?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    The Henry Hudson is still open there. Are the going in the strip center next to it? Or perhaps building across the street next to the future Braums location?
    Building permit is for 1000 NW 192nd and that address is for Henry Hudson's.

It looks like they are just taking over there.

I called Hudson's Public House on Danforth (192nd) and got some information. We live nearby and are sad to hear of their imminent closure. The manager told me that Sunday, September 27th will be their last day open. This is true for both the Edmond location and the location in Bricktown. Both are closing on September 27th. The parent company is eliminating the Public House concept and claiming it is due to Covid. She said they are expecting the employees to be transferred to other locations, most likely Henry Hudson Pubs. She also told me that she could not confirm that an S & B Burgers would actually go into this location. She said it might also be a Bricktown Brewery or something else. She said one of the reasons why they have lost money is that people confuse the Public House concept with the Henry Hudsons Pub concept, and don't understand the Public House is family friendly. RIP Hudson's Public House 9-27-20.

Oh no, I really liked the Bricktown location.

That will be another big loss for the district.

Mark me down as someone who never understood the Henry Hudson's Pub vs Public House distinction. Thought they were all smoky bars selling 3.2% pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Mark me down as someone who never understood the Henry Hudson's Pub vs Public House distinction. Thought they were all smoky bars selling 3.2% pitchers.
    Same here. I never knew there was a difference. That's a failure on their marketing or lack of marketing.

The one in Bricktown is great and never got the attention it deserved.

There was never any smoking in the Danforth place and I don't think there was at the Bricktown location either.
    C. T.

Thread Information